Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

And there shall be Meganobz! Many Meganobz!

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

invivos

invivos

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 598 posts
Hi,

it´s been quite a while since my last post here, but I´ve been quite busy with some other orky projects and real life. Anyway here is my newest project: plastic Meganobz made from the Black reach box! :D

Each Meganob was built from a complete Terminator and the body of a Plastic Nob from the Box. Heads are plastic Black Orc heads.
I wanted to have plastic Meganobz for quite a while now, but I wanted an easy conversion not just rebuilding the tin version from plastic card. So one night I figured out how to properly combine both a Termi and a Nob. Basically these Meganobz are the Orky rebuilt of a Terminator armour and I aimed for simelar poses and mimicked some of the weapons too like the Assault cannon.

At the moment I have built a total of 5 Meganobz, more to follow. At the bottom you´ll find several WIP shots showing what parts to use, where to cut. The basic build is rather simple as you can see below :)
I´ll paint them quite soon in Deffskull colours, stay tuned :D Hope you like them! :)

Ok here they are, group shot:
group1.jpg
group2.jpg

Details of the lot:
3group.jpg 2group.jpg

Scale shot with normal boy and an Ogre bull Nob conversion (yes my Nobz are biiiig ;) ):
scale.jpg

WIP Shots in chronological order with a small How to :)
Just cut the Terminator body above the hip in half and then cut vertically through the Termi hip giving you two seperate legs. Then add a spacer made from plastic card and add the Nobz original shoes below the Termi shoes. Cut a Nob body through the hip,remove the arms/pegs and file off the rear of the body slightly. Use the Terminator rear armour file it a bit and glue it into place. Remove all beakie insignia on the Termi armour and cut the arms as shown in the pic. Add parts from the Biotoxin plant set for details and bulk out the suit. Slightly shave off the Nob chest and then glue the Terminator chest there into place. The side chest armour plates can be plastic card or from the 'umie tank track covers or what I also used doors from a Tempest Landspeeder. Once you are done with the body add the arms and the weapons you like and voila done!

step1.jpg step2.jpg step3.jpg jpg]step4.jpg step5.jpg step6.jpg e
p6.jpg]
Visit my website: IN-VI-VOS conversions Updated 24.06.10!

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
This is the best Terminator to MegaNob (or 'Ard Boy) conversion that I have seen yet. Really nice job. You almost can't recognize the Terminator parts from the front of the mini. The legs feel a tiny bit long to me, but other than that, this is a really gerat way to get some Meganobz. Very impressive work, and thank you for the WIP pics!

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
This is very good. I also think the legs are a little long and some of the shoes don't fit just right but these are very good. Some of the best terminator to big orks I have seen. Definately going to have to do a few of these myself.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

malenky_malchick

malenky_malchick

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
Those are excellent! I may have to loot them, although i would shorten their legs a bit. Now I'll start waiting for them to get some paint.

DAT ONE ORK WIFF GUNZ

DAT ONE ORK WIFF GUNZ

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
For the the legs you should just wrap a piece o plasticard around it to bulk it up a little other than that, im lootin this iderer uh youz

Boss Skraga

Boss Skraga

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 355 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skraga's Freebootaz
That's actually kinda neat... haven't thought of that one yet.... Time to get my Mek working again!
QUOTE (Dedwrekka @ Nov 17 2008, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a country that's home to the deadliest spiders, snakes, insects, and several versions of crocodillia it's the campers you have to be afraid of....

Uzrug Slasha

Uzrug Slasha

Tankbusta Boy

• Goffz
  • 430 posts
  • Army Name:Da Deth Dealaz
Those are INCREDIBLE. Best Meganobz I've ever seen. Great work! :thumbs
-Uzrug Slasha-
"Fear da GREEN tide!"

"If broot force doezen't solve ya problem, ya ain't usin' enuff!"

"We iz more den just Orks. We iz GOFFZ!"

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,549 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
:eek Yeah...those'll work :thumbs :dakka :choppa what else does a proppa ork need. They almost look like spikey boyz theres so much craziness going on. They are quite impressive though. I think you might be able to pull of the legs as is if you were to give the feet some dags & rivets rather then those just being plain.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
Really good take on the terminator armored orks. Part of me wished they would have made a new Nazdreg in terminator armor as a way of getting a cool ork in termie armor for meganobz. If I could get a Nazdreg claw bit, I might loot up this idea!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

cerealkiller195

cerealkiller195

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 278 posts
  • Army Name:Da Unstoppable 'Ordz Uv Boss SnikkRukk
credit where credit is due. well done sir.
The Wasted Warrior:
"Because no warrior should face battle sober..."

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Optimism: the ability to lie to oneself honestly...</span>

Gabriel

Gabriel

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 137 posts
  • Army Name:Da rage of gork
Wow im impressed it one the best looking converted thing ive seen for meganobz i really like them :)

Warboss Doghouse

Warboss Doghouse

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
Got to say I'm impressed. Very nice work! :)

invivos

invivos

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 598 posts
Wow, thanks alot for the great feedback!! :cheers :) Concerning the legs, yeah I know they are a tiny bit too long that´s why I tried bulking them out a little to distract from that. Maybe I´ll shorten them slightly for the next run of Meganobz :D I got quite carried away while making these and adding bitz layer after bitz layer onto them :D Once you get the hang of it, it´s actually a very fast way to build a Meganob! There are also some details I forgot to point out. Since Meganobz got Stikkbommz I gave two of the Nobz wrist mounted Stikkbomb Launchers (the ones with the Scorcha Combiweapons). The Mekboyz were inspired by the Auxilary Grenade Launchers from the Terminator Captain in his powerfist and made their own version of it which fires complete stikkbommz (including the stick) with a spring mechanism :D One Meganob also has a "Predator" movie like Stikkbomb Launcha on his shoulder. I am also thinking of making a new Warboss for my army in the same way using the BR Warboss, however he needs to be a bit bigger. Well looks like I need to buy a new BR box for more Meganobz.... For the colour sceme I will aim for that "Braveheart" movie look i.e. Blue/white painted helmets and shoulders (because they are Deffskulls), the rest of the Nob will be black and boltgunmetal. Thats the idea at least :D Looking forward to see my Meganobz idea being looted :D Go for it! :cheers
Visit my website: IN-VI-VOS conversions Updated 24.06.10!

Obscura

Obscura

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 148 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh GrimGor ( Goff / Deff Skull Tribe )
Awesome build! I'll definitely have to loot these, just have to go buy another AoBR set. . . and like thats a bad thing. :lol Now to go rummage through my bitz boxes and find all the parts I want to include in my build.
I first produced my Slugga and then produced my Choppa , I said "Stand and deliver or Gork he may take ye"

Morbad

Morbad

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 131 posts
These are very interesting. I have been working on some scratch-built meganobs patterned after the GW ones, but so far it has involved a lot of work and I don't look forward to making a whole bunch more. This method does indeed look very fast, and the results seem more in line with more recent ork models in how busy they are. They're like walking gubbinz-piles!

virus646

virus646

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 197 posts
  • Army Name:KOS and footslogger
Look very good for the price paid, well done sir and consider it looted again! Just need to find someone to trade 5 terminator now...

Rick

Rick

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 41 posts
Totally awesome! Makes me wanna put some Mega Nobz in my army!

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
I think I might scratch me some :biggrin nice one, good and proppa. shade
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

Luku

Luku

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 731 posts
  • Army Name:Big Dakky's Boys!
Great GorkaMorka!

Those are really, reallly nice, considor them 1st Class LOOTED!

:dakka
Waaagh! Dakky! Squiggoth Slayer!
W:17 T:2 L:7

Splinter Fleet Akki
W:2 T:1 L:3

waaanial00

waaanial00

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 697 posts
  • Army Name:Da Nidsnikz Gobmashas
I am at this very moment purchasing the components needed to loot this to the full extent. Iz looted and then some. Thanks for the simple build, I have been waiting for an easy DIY plastic Meganobs cause I hate the metal ones. Wan
Current projects:

In short way to effin much!