Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

INQ Warrior Band in 28 mm

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

o_O

o_O

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
INq warrior band built for Bigdaddy
he is going to play with his friends and was telling me how he was going to use Rackem figures
so I told him NO and cobbled these out in an hour out of bitz

Posted Image
August 19th International Kick the fish'ead in the Nuts Day
come celebrate- tell us how you kicked the Fish'eads in the nads!

Rivets !! More Rivets !!

NEW RELEASE for LotR----Gandalf points left and coming soon Gimli sobered up!!
Advance Order Now!! Limited Edition Sam making jam and toast.

Ratchet11243

Ratchet11243

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH Kloonie
Pretty awesome work for an hour :thumbs Love to see them painted :biggrin

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,961 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Inquisitor works so much better in 28mm than it does in the large-scale model range they released. Still, I don't see why necromunda might not be a better choice for your pals. As for Rackham Models - in certain situations, I find Rackham stuff so much better quality than anything GW has ever produced, so long as we ignore the plastic pre-painted stuff (as these are made by a middle party anyway and Rackham supplies the rules). The old metals though, particularly the Griffin stuff is far more gothicy in style for Inquisitor, which is why I'm not surprised Rackham models came to your buddies' minds. Necromunda stuff does lend itself to Inquisitor quite well, and the conversions you have done (especially as they're all bits) are extremely good and it's clear what each character type is (Inquisitor, Desperado, Chrono Gladiator/Archo Flagellant and obviously a servo skull). The best advantage of 28mm Inquisitor is actually having a MUCH easier job of supplying appropriate terrain, which totally ended our own Inquisitor gaming among my own gaming group. We should see more 28mm stuff as it might encourage other people to get back to playing it in a way they can afford (and actually get the models they want). But the other part of me doesn't, and makes me want to say play Necromunda or scour ebay for an old copy of cyberpunk, than play that game.

o_O

o_O

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts

Inquisitor works so much better in 28mm than it does in the large-scale model range they released. Still, I don't see why necromunda might not be a better choice for your pals.

As for Rackham Models - in certain situations, I find Rackham stuff so much better quality than anything GW has ever produced, so long as we ignore the plastic pre-painted stuff (as these are made by a middle party anyway and Rackham supplies the rules). The old metals though, particularly the Griffin stuff is far more gothicy in style for Inquisitor, which is why I'm not surprised Rackham models came to your buddies' minds.

Necromunda stuff does lend itself to Inquisitor quite well, and the conversions you have done (especially as they're all bits) are extremely good and it's clear what each character type is (Inquisitor, Desperado, Chrono Gladiator/Archo Flagellant and obviously a servo skull).

The best advantage of 28mm Inquisitor is actually having a MUCH easier job of supplying appropriate terrain, which totally ended our own Inquisitor gaming among my own gaming group.

We should see more 28mm stuff as it might encourage other people to get back to playing it in a way they can afford (and actually get the models they want). But the other part of me doesn't, and makes me want to say play Necromunda or scour ebay for an old copy of cyberpunk, than play that game.

Thank you Dim for your reply
I love playing Inquisitor, I like how it plays to a high level of detail, I like how it takes in to account all the things 40k and Necromunda either can't or don't. ( yes you can run out of bullets and have a gun JAM )
It allows a player to explore parts of the 40k background you cant do in 40k or in other games.
You can get in to the deep dark corners of the imperium and take a peek at whats going on, everthing from routing out foul cults to exploring for archotech.
You can involve elements that have been played down in 40k like the more mature themes like cults and deamons.

As for playing in 28mm rather then 54mm ?? its simple for me. ( don't get me wrong I do own a few 54mm models too )
I got a HUGE bitz box already in 28mm I need not scour Ebay for parts for 28mm .
Necromunda bits are great for adding character as its not all guys with lasguns and power armour.

as for Rackem models I can't find them locally, so for me I am stuck using GW bitz ( again I got a huge box full too )

and in future Dim keep an eye open for Ursarkar Creed and a Capt Sicarius redone for use in Inquisitor
August 19th International Kick the fish'ead in the Nuts Day
come celebrate- tell us how you kicked the Fish'eads in the nads!

Rivets !! More Rivets !!

NEW RELEASE for LotR----Gandalf points left and coming soon Gimli sobered up!!
Advance Order Now!! Limited Edition Sam making jam and toast.

Boss Skraga

Boss Skraga

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 355 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skraga's Freebootaz
I think 28mm would be better not only for the fact that there is more out there for people to use(as INQ seems to have died out nearly altogether), but for 1: like as what was said before, there is more room for a game to be played, but 2: Orks can get in on the action. I can't see anything in the 40K world that wouldn't have some random loota or some blood axes scampering in every once in awhile to get the next new(to them) peice of loot.
QUOTE (Dedwrekka @ Nov 17 2008, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a country that's home to the deadliest spiders, snakes, insects, and several versions of crocodillia it's the campers you have to be afraid of....

Warboss Cammerz

Warboss Cammerz

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 176 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Cammerz
28" is both cheaper and IMO far easier to convert but how far would you say a yard is for 40k scale I think either 1" or 1/2" but maybe something else like 1cm, anone have a good idea for this PS. to stay on topic, love the models, especially the servo-skull

det

det

Paranoid

• Blood Axez
  • 2,117 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps
i used to play INq with 1cm for 28mm scale figs. worked quite well IMHO.

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)