Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Guild Vault, Taxes, and you

9 replies to this topic

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,133 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
While not everyone may know that we have a guild vault I am sure you are all aware that the guild is taxing everyone since the game reminds you a lot.

So you may wonder about how this system works, why we are collecting taxes, why the amount of taxes may change periodically, and how it will affect you. Those are all natural questions.

The tax system works by taking a certain percentage of all the money that you loot from enemies. The percentage can be set by the leadership. The money you get from completing quests and from vendoring or selling stuff on the auction house does not seem to be effected. It appears to just tax the money you get from creature/player drops. So the tax system is actually not taking as much of your money as you may think. In most cases you should have plenty of money despite the taxes and we already have several players that had no trouble buying mounts.

So now the question is why are we even taxing? The simple answer is that the guild needs/wants money for certain things and I find it easier to tax all members equally than rely upon passing around a collection plate. The plan is for the guild to fund a lot of things such as seige-weaponry and banners for RvR. That stuff costs money and without a good source of income it would be up to the players to purchase banners, battering rams, catupults, etc from your own pocket whenever we try to attack a keep. Banners are very expensive and cost a few gold each. If a standard bearer dies while actively carrying a banner, or we let the enemy loot the banner while it is planted in the ground, then that item is lost and we have to purchase a new one. This can add up over time. The banner provides AoE stat bonuses, lets us capture keeps, and shows everyone else just how cool we are. Siege weapons also start to add up when you mount some large sieges.

Mythic has done a great job creating a powerful set of guild tools and I would like to take full advantage of them to provide services to the guild. I think the guild should be more than a glorified chat-channel and so I want the guild to work to give back to the members. For that to happen the members need to give to the guild - and so I am setting taxes. We also need money for stuff such as purchasing the guild heraldry - which you will be able to wear on your cape for free at a certain point. The taxes are fluctuating in values at the moment because I am trying to gauge the best value to get a good guild-fund and yet not impact your wallets. So I may alter the amounts a bit over the next week or two. If at any time you have a problem with the guild tax don't be afraid to speak to me - I am completely open to feedback. Eventually we plan on running contests with different sorts of rewards and it will be nice to have a fund for things like that as well.

So in a nutshell you can expect to get your moneys worth back out of the guild and probably more. All the money that goes into the guild-coffers goes right back out to help the members. As Bosses we are managing the money, but not benefiting from it any more than the rest of you (which is hopefully a lot!).

THE GUILD VAULT

So now lets talk about the guild vault. First, we do have a guild-vault. It is located in the capital, the Inevitable City. You can get there from any flight master in any RvR warcamp. All members have access to at least some part of the guild vault. Currently there is only one page, but as we gain guild levels we will gain more slots and each of those is individually managed by the guild (i control this in the guild permissions settings). We are structuring the bank so that it supports both the guild members and the guild organization. So here is the current plan:

Vault Tab-1: This is a tab purely for all guild members, including the runts (initiates). This tab is a first-come first serve donation basis. You as guild members either place stuff directly into this vault or else mail things to "Damailgit" and they will be added to the vault. If you could use an item in here then just take it. There is no request or permission needed. It is up to all members to not abuse this. I encourage everyone to take full advantage of this - but that does not mean you should line your own pockets by auctioning stuff from the vault. If things sit in the vault long enough we may work out a system for letting salvagers break them down.

Vault Tab-2: This tab works like the first tab (when we get access to a second tab), but only full guild members and above can use this. That means that runts and weedy gits will be unable to view or take items from this section.

Vault Tab-3: This tab is like the two tabs above except it is exclusive to those with the Skarboyz rank or above.

Vault Tab-4: This tab is reserved for the guild itself and so only the bosses can access it.

So basically the guild-vault is a great way to donate stuff to other members and to get stuff yourself. As you move up the guild ranks the vault should become more useful and you can use it to trade higher quality items around. I do not want to have to regulate and micro-manage the vault so please don't abuse things and force me to do so.

To any Nobz: Please sticky this post.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
ok stickied.. now just a matter of getting into the guild and gettin' me some starter items.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob
Thanks for the info CB, a vault is a great idea, and taxing us to gain guild benefits is only right, we get benefits, so a little coin tax is proppa. :thumbs I can see guild members visiting the vault, aquiring items, levelling up and then putting them back, this is great as we can level quicker with decent items. :)
Thanks for reading my post.

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,224 posts
Ah, while that sounds good in theory, Goregob, the items 'bind' themselves to the user once equipped, so the item becomes effectively lost to the Guild Vault once used by a guild member. This is fine though, as new items will undoubtedly be appearing and placed into the vault to start the cycle anew. Thanks for the info, CB. As members, we shouldn't be just asking what our guild can do for us, but what we can do for our guild. Again, this help is cyclical, and can only benefit everyone in the guild. As far as removing items from the guild vault goes, I personally would think that members should use restraint and not take something just because it has some minor increase in stats or resists when compared to your current gear. Take it if it is a real upgrade. Just my two teef.

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob
Ah, I see, well in that case limiting gear to 1 piece each, per vault tab would be cool, is it possible? Agreeing with your third paragraph there Grimteef.
Thanks for reading my post.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,133 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
Honestly, we seem to get more stuff than the vault can hold so I don't think people should be too shy about taking an item if they can use it. If you see 3 items that would be great for you then go ahead and loot em. However, this really should work like a "pay it forward" sort of system, so if you see something that looks like someone else might want it then drop it in the bank or send it to da mail git.

I REALLY don't want to have to work a system to have to track and manage this. If it absolutely has to be done then I will - but I would rather let people police themselves and work off the honor system for the public-vault. For anything really important we will have restrictions on other vault tabs - so there will be safe places in the bank for really really good stuff. If we end up having to put up restrictions, requests, and all that nonsense for the regular vault then I am simply going to stick someone in charge of it since I don't want to deal with it - and I get enough tells as is from all over the server (and this is only going to increase as we are becoming fairly popular). But in the end I want this place to be fairly casual and not have "duties" for officers and whatnot. The officers should be more concerned with keepin da boyz in line and trying to create a fun environment than working a second job as an equipment-custodian.

Simply put, give when you can and take when you need. Abuse the system and you are only screwing over the other guild-members and I will deal with you - that is guaranteed. Take note of the avatar and the Kommissar hat.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

GrimSkar Zagsnik

GrimSkar Zagsnik

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 242 posts
  • Army Name:Da RedSkul Krushaz
So let me get dis straight... If we're part of da guild, We give a share of da loot, which can range from Gold, To Choppaz, To other misc. we get from raidin other areas... which in turn is used ta get bannerz, Siege enginez, Boarz (Boar boyz!!!) ect. Da Vaultz Are made fer da boyz to get stuff , So da runtz don't go around wif just starter equipment... However, there's certain levels to wot you can get (excluding da Bosses who can get wotever dey want in der...) I just need to understand so I don't end up getting beaten by some Black Orkz fer being a sneaky Git...
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 -WAAAAGH! X3
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Zogmor

Zogmor

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bugzoggaz.
You trip over equipment in this game. You seriously do not need to be worried about taking stuff you can use. Hell, it's close to a favor to loot the bank some. It's packed. As for money, so far basic members can't withdraw Gold, and you should never need to. By 20 you can buy your mount and last name, which is 15 for the mount and 4 for the last name (19 for you Goffs), and even though I donated all the gear I found instead of vendering it, I still had several Gold left over. Three levels later and I have almost twenty gold, despite buying a few Standards at two gold a pop. So yeah. Take what you need and don't worry about the taxes or money in general. Just enjoy the rampant amount of krumpin' like a good Orc.
"It's a sawed-off sniper-shotgun."

Dedwrekka

Dedwrekka

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 242 posts
How are tradeskill items handled. As a Scavenger/ Apothecary I come across a lot of everything and only a couple of things I use myself, so can I donate my useful loots to the guild or must I auction it off? Or for that matter the tons of potions that I make nightly. I dont bother keeping up with them all or using them, but if someone else can use them I'd rather not vendor it.

Nalano

Nalano

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
If it's blue, I'd say put it in the guild vault without second thought. I'm sure the vault will be filled nigh-instantaneously anyway. Also, my side business of greasing goblins up and bowling them into packs of gors for sport has taken a bit of a turn for the worse, what with the economy being as it is. Can I get a 50,000 gold bailout? I'll swing round with my platinum-studded mount to pick it up. Thanks!

Reply to this topic