Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Mail Git

10 replies to this topic

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
If you've traveled and killed a few score stunties and humies, no doubt you've come across a few items that are filling up your bags. Some of these items are valuable - 'green' seeds, Salvagable Items, weapons and armor that your own class can't use - items like that. Also, the monetary value of those items may not be that much to you, but it could mean a lot to a guild member trying to level their crafting profession or just level their character! So you don't want to sell the item, but you don't want it in your bag either. What to do? Well, here's what The Waaaagh! guild has for you - Da Mail Git. Who is Da Mail Git? Da Mail Git is an alternate character of mine that will be centered in the Inevitable City. He will take all items mailed to him and put them into the Guild Bank (assuming our guild has grown to have a bank already). These items will then be used to help level the guild members' professions and help improve their gear. Want to clean out those bags? Want to help out your guild at the same time? Mail your unwanted White, Green, or better items to: Damailgit Da Mail Git will be moving to the Inevitable City soon, and working to lighten your load and help your guild. So mail your unwanted and burdensom items to Da Mail Git today!

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts
I may be missing something, but is 'mailing items' limited to 1 item at a time? I have been getting lots of junk I would like to donate but mailing items is tedious one-by-one.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob
Waaagh! Da Mail Git! :cheers

Great idea, hopefully it isn't limited to 1 item at a time though!

Maybe we could post up what we have somewhere, for all to see? then you can ask for what you need and then that person can send it to you, maybe the person recieving the item pays the mailbox fee (think I read somewhere there is one)? A bit like the "pay it forward" thread in the emporium? :)
Thanks for reading my post.

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
That's a good idea, Goregob. Members can certainly do that, and we can set up a thread that does this. Members will have to be taking notes of what their items are that they have up on the block, and post them in the thread. That way, Da Mail Git doesn't get overloaded with everything, and members get items that they can use. Sadly, mailing does seem to be limited to one item at a time. Hopefully this will be remedied in the future.

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts

That's a good idea, Goregob.

Haha! Yup! looted it myself. ;)
Hehe.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
One thing to consider is that we now have the option, as of Rank-8 (hooray us! :cheers ), to post guild-specific auctions. This means you can place an item up for auction at the auction house and by selecting a small check-box you can make it so that only guild-members can see that auction. That would allow people to put items up for sale at a discount for guild members. Theoretically you could put the items up for practically nothing (default price) and if it sells then someone was able to use it. If not you can relist on the regular auction, break it down with salvaging, or vendor it. This could cut-back on any record-keeping. You could also do this for crafting materials and consumables. Or you could sell a really juicy item for a decent price - but still discounted from the general economy. So a guild member would get a great item at a nice deal - and you would still get a bit of change for it. There are a lot of things we can do with this, the deciding factor will be if people actually make use of it. But the system is already in place for this. No need to make threads and keep track of donated items and all that jazz (thats a hassle) if we don't really have to.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
Guild-only auctions! That's brilliant! No record keeping indeed, I like that. I'll be throwing stuff up there very soon.

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
wow! That's awesome, mythic really have done wanders with this game! :love

Zogmor

Zogmor

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bugzoggaz.
Now we just have to drill it into every git's skull to check the auctions for stuff they can use.
"It's a sawed-off sniper-shotgun."

morded

morded

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 74 posts
  • Army Name:Mordeth's misfitz
do we have a mail git on phoenix throne? are the guild only auctions being run? how do we put items up?
one part cunning, one part wise and many, many parts demented

da nazda system as started by Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee (game now sadly dead and buried.)
Nazda ooc thread (for those intrested in the OOC side of things and for a bit more insight into what went on during the game.)
Loki space station side game from nazda also run by me.

da lurker is back

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
There is a drop down menu when you create an auction that has guild-only or alliance-only. Any member can do this. There is also a menu when searching that lets you look at guild or alliance only auctions. I am not sure about da mail git, but I would not worry about it too much unless you find something really nice. Overall a lot of what gets put into the vault gets broken down for talisman parts. If you find something really nice and want to put it in the bank then just yank something out that has been there for a while or is not that great - like broken items. Or, you can mail it directly to Skabnoze and I will nake room for it in the vault.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Reply to this topic