Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warboss Badgutz Mk II blog

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
  • Army Name:PSV (BloodBowl), Waaagh! Badgutz (40K), Waaagh! Gornaz (WHFB/WarMaster)
After ten years of getting shelled, fragged and powerfisted to pieces (and his bosspole has snapped as well!), I felt that my trusty old warboss Lobo Badgutz was in dire need of a new model. This decision was off course completely spontaneous, and had nothing to do with the release of some new Plastic Warboss. ;)

I plan on making the new Lobo actually look like a Deffskull, since the old Lobo was painted when I had just started playing Orks and he was basically a Snakebite Warboss with a slight Braveheart twist (hence the blue warpaint and the name 'Badgutz'). It took me a few months before I realised that Deffskullz were way cooler than Snakebites and wore blue paint as well. :biggrin

Posted Image
Posted Image

New Lobo will be having a Cybork Body; I felt that I was kind of appropriate after all the times he's been kicked, shot, chopped and severely killed in the past. Apart from his mechanical left arm, I'm using that cute new iron-gobbed Nob's head on him (love at first sight, that head) and he'll be getting a kustom bionik replacement for his right leg.

So that's what I've been working on tonight .... I wanted to get a bit of a loota theme going on by crafting his leg from a Beakie's leg like Orrik da Red's, but that turned out to be way too small since the new boss has such beefy legs. So instead, I decided to make a foot from an old Termie's power fist and make the leg itself from a shoota's drum barrel. Those bits glued together turned out to be almost exactly the same size and stance as the Warboss' knee, lower leg and foot. Huzzah!

So far I've rearranged the fingers to make them look more like toes/claws, added some small plasticard pistons in his leg, and added an exhaust to his heel. The place where the thumb used to be is now hidden by a big screw, not sure if I should add one on the other side of the foot as well.
I've also got to figure out a way to get some convincing worky bitz in his calves, but since I've just sliced open my thumb I'm not going to do any more converting tonight .... it's beer time instead. :cheers

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh, and new Lobo will be having a wee little Attack Squig as well. :yes

Posted Image
- Martijn

What's in a name? That, which we call a Goff
By any other name would smell as bad.

Jollya Capuloot

QUOTE (hakbash @ Nov 23 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deff Skullz is my chosen klan. I like to loot, nick, and wear blue.

Thork

Thork

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 183 posts
Woah woah woah! I think you made some kind of mistake. That is NOT a wee little attack squig ;)
But seriously, I can't wait to see this guy finished up, and ready for krumpin' and lootin'. Another proppa bloo git is never a bad thing!

Nice thinking with the leg, by the way. It looks like it'll fit right perfect.
Believe it or not, my Avatar is a heavily Orkified version of my face. PM me with details and a picture to work off of if you want one done of you.

Alienerd

Alienerd

Wartrukk Gunner

• Grot Rebelz
  • 1,678 posts
  • Army Name:Rebel Grotz
Yeah the leg's a neat tough, might loot it. You should have an ammo grot sat in front of gobbla takin a nap or something.
How many kans can a killa kan kill if a killa kan can kill kans?

needskonstruktion

needskonstruktion

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 490 posts
  • Army Name:Da kombined Waaagh of Warboss Bob
Thank you for another proppa warboss...
My only concern is that the attack squig/Gobbla is a bit of an expensive bit, for a little upgrade... Oh well, if I had money to spare like that I would probably do it... ;)

I like the new leg, and I think you should put the dead boar head from the older model on the bosspole instead of the jaws, as many people would have that same bosspole - Just something a bit different...

Can't wait too see this finished, keep upi the good work! :thumbs
Korprul' konstrukt, Lad uv da dreadsokk korpz - Fightin' Ruleslawyer gitz and keepin' it proppa
QUOTE (Sproston Green @ Oct 2 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my expierence it's been all about the trousers.

QUOTE (Warboss-Keg @ Feb 28 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
urinating in my pants because I just can't be bothered to zip down my fly

QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Nov 16 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you need to get a firm hold on those breasts and do something with them.

My Daemons - Please look! http://www.heresy-on...nacious-bob.htm

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
  • Army Name:PSV (BloodBowl), Waaagh! Badgutz (40K), Waaagh! Gornaz (WHFB/WarMaster)

My only concern is that the attack squig/Gobbla is a bit of an expensive bit, for a little upgrade... Oh well, if I had money to spare like that I would probably do it... ;)

I never use Special Characters, so if I don't use Gobbla as an attack squig he's nothing but an expensive bit box filler. In fact he's been lying in my bit box for almost two years already. I thought the model deserved a better fate than that since the sculpt is awesome. :thumbs

I like the new leg, and I think you should put the dead boar head from the older model on the bosspole instead of the jaws, as many people would have that same bosspole - Just something a bit different...

Can't wait too see this finished, keep upi the good work! :thumbs

Heh, the pics don't really show it but that head looks rather goofy in real life ... kind of like a hybrid between a sheep, a warthog and an anteater. :blush ;)
Instead I'm gonna add either a Warboss-glyph or a Deffskull glyph to his pole, something like this:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm leaning towards the third pic myself (the horned skull) .... I do think warboss glyphs look good on warbosses though, so I'm not 100% sure which one to choose yet.

You should have an ammo grot sat in front of gobbla takin a nap or something.

Nah that's just cruelty towards runtz! :lol

That is NOT a wee little attack squig

You should've seen him when he was just a freshly spored puppy! ;)
- Martijn

Jollya Capuloot

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
I'd go with the 2nd. the horns look too goffy
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts

goffy

Eeew. Go wash your mouth! :nono ;)

You're right though, good for noticing. Ironically enough the basic Deffskull glyph and Goff glyph are very similar (a horned skull and a bull's head).
Maybe angling the horns downward makes them less bovine and thus less Goffish ... ?

Posted ImagePosted Image
- Martijn

Jollya Capuloot

oberst_kramer

oberst_kramer

Kommando

• Bad Moonz
  • 967 posts
  • Army Name:Tuznik Boneshaka' 'Eavystomping Horde
I like the Half-half blue glyph with upside-down horns.
More Krumpin' and less talkin'

Jean-Luc Picard ends with 'Ard!

"There's a difference between bein' Smart boy an' bein' a Smart Git Gimzod"- Kommanda Uzgob, from Deff Skwadron

Waaagh Tuznik's Noo Codex kill tally sofar: W:18 D:3 L:3

Shanter

Shanter

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 26 posts
  • Army Name:Boss DarSnikkz' Boyz
I still tink that the old boss glyph, the fist one, is the coolest :biggrin Yeh, the upside down horns look a bit better, still if you wanna have the skull, I'd say dont go with any horns Fist glyph is still my choice though SHANTER :cheers
'Alway's lube your tool' -Nozeminer

The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers which an ork would not even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude--Uthan the Preverse

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
Yeah, that warboss glyph really needs to be included *somewhere* on the model .... Maybe I'll make a small one and hang it from that weird ring on his shoota barrel which seems to have no purpose whatsoever.

While I was checking my bitz for suitable skulls to use, I came across these tiny bosspole skulls:

Posted Image

Those come with a horizontal bone which seems perfect for a Deffskull ("Death", "Skull" and "Bone" are all the same glyph, a bone).

So here's some new ideas .... No horns this time, but a bone instead. I like the checkered ones myself.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

I think this one's my favourite:

Posted Image
- Martijn

Jollya Capuloot

Animerik

Animerik

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 120 posts
Nice to see your back with more stuff! The bionic leg looks great and stompy I will loot some ideas from that. The last bosspole looks dead Žard and has enuff stuff on it and not as clutterd as some of others. And you may want to cure that thumb fasta as I want more stuff now! Cheers mate great stuff
Oh My Mork! it will go thru beakies like choppa throught umies!
//Ranalcus

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
Cheers, the stupid thumb has kind of cured already. Still hurts like crazy when I'm actually using it though. :lol

Anyway, I've build the bosspole and stuck some more screws and nuts on the leg ... still need to hollow out his upper leg a bit more as the bionik leg is a few milimetres too tall (making the Warboss look like he's falling over).

Posted Image

The "worky bitz" in his calve are a piece of Beakie banner pole and a screw, with the bottom part of the pole hidden by a strip of plasticard and a piece of old bolter handle because I had no idea how to make it look actually "worky". :blush

Posted Image
Posted Image
- Martijn

Jollya Capuloot

Badtredd

Badtredd

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 139 posts
  • Army Name:Da Thunda Crunchaz
Is that foot made out of a powerfist? Hilarious. Also, if he's looking unbalanced because his bionik leg is too tall, you can always give his boot some plasticard on the bottom.
"WA HA HA! Dis iz Ruddz Badtredd speekin out ta all you stoopid fraggin gitz! We'z da Thunda Crunchaz, cuz we iz fasta dan lightnin an' arda den thunda! So yez betta start prayin ta Gork an' Mork dat you getz killed 'fore we REALLY startz puttin on da URT! WA HA HA HA HA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!" - Warboss Ruddz Badtredd

malenky_malchick

malenky_malchick

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
Looking realy good so far, love that bionic leg btw. Now only thing missing is that blue mohawk. :thumbs

Ein

Ein

Yellow Paint Job

• Boyz
  • 1,492 posts
  • Army Name:I still don't actually have a name for 'em.
I actually really like that bannerpole. It's a simple combination of parts that I'd never even thought of. The powerfoot is excellent, as well. I think, given the fact that he's a deffskull, some 'looted' modifications to his weapon would be ideal. Even if it's just a scope from a beakie bolter, it wouldn't hurt. ... though I think a ripper gun would be better. :P
Like my work? Check my blog!
http://www.the-warforge.com
Resin-cast bits and bobs for your armies!
WARFORGED MINIATURES

Adventures of a Prehistoric Puppet!
MURRAY THE DINOSAUR

RednekkBoss

RednekkBoss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
  • Army Name:Da Rednekkz
From one loota to anuvva...I love the foot. Consider it looted. :thumbs I'd have to agree with Ein, that shoota needs something... maybe looty bitz. :search Its coming along beautifully, so far. :cheers
FUNGWIZER: Da Boss uv Beerz
Da Rednekk's hobby blog iz..... http://rednekkzmekshop.blogspot.com

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
Cheers ladz!

Also, if he's looking unbalanced because his bionik leg is too tall, you can always give his boot some plasticard on the bottom.

I'm not that handy with plasticard, so I'm always kind of afraid that plasticard soles will turn out looking like those 1980's disco boots when I make them. :blush Instead, I've just carved away some more plastic from inside his leg and now he stands firm on both legs (or at least as firm as you can stand when your leg has been replaced with some alien's atrificial hand and a piece of gun).

Now only thing missing is that blue mohawk.

No worries, he'll be getting a shiny turquoise one. ;)

I think, given the fact that he's a deffskull, some 'looted' modifications to his weapon would be ideal. Even if it's just a scope from a beakie bolter, it wouldn't hurt.

... though I think a ripper gun would be better.

I'd have to agree with Ein, that shoota needs something... maybe looty bitz.

The scope will be added, I've got plenty of those thing lying around. Adding some more looted parts sounds like a good idea .... I should at least replace the upper muzzle with a lascannon's muzzle or something like that since the one it has now is rather weedy looking. Maybe even remove both muzzles and replace them with the muzzle from a stormbolter, heavy bolter or plasma gun or something?

I should have a spare Ripper Gun lying somewhere (my old Tankbusta Nob is a converted Ogryn), but I think it'll be more suitable as a Deffgun or Big Shoota due to its size (those things are big!).

The power klaw also needs some deffskullification, but I was thinking bout doing that simply with the paint job, painting the bigger panels in Beakie colours to make them look 'liberated'. There's some nice colours I can pick from thanks to the amount of weedy Loyal Beakie skumgrodz at my local club, though sadly none of them play Ultramarines who would've been easy to incorporate in the overall colour scheme .... It's Imperial Fists, Flesh Tearers, Deathwing, Iron Hands and Space Wolves instead and I'm probably forgetting a few colours because all beakies look alike when you've krumped them, regardless of the colour underneath the blood stains. ;)
- Martijn

Jollya Capuloot

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
go with deffwing for the PFoot, and unless his gun is gonna be a KMB, i'd shy away from plasma guns, lascannons, and fusion blastaz.
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

Ein

Ein

Yellow Paint Job

• Boyz
  • 1,492 posts
  • Army Name:I still don't actually have a name for 'em.
Space Wolves do have some blue in 'em. Lighter blue, but blue all the same.
Like my work? Check my blog!
http://www.the-warforge.com
Resin-cast bits and bobs for your armies!
WARFORGED MINIATURES

Adventures of a Prehistoric Puppet!
MURRAY THE DINOSAUR

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz

Cheers, the stupid thumb has kind of cured already. Still hurts like crazy when I'm actually using it though. :lol

Just pull it off and sculpt a new one. :biggrin

I'd go with Deathwing colors for the "foot". And, as mentioned, a scope or something added to the gun would give it that little something extra.

I'm liking how this is coming together. :thumbs
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz