Wut iz a Waaagh?
Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy war, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure. Millions of Orks will gather together, drawn to the power of a single dominant Ork called a Warboss, who is larger and/or more intelligent than the Orks around him. Then the Orks will set off to find an enemy to fight -- any enemy. Ork Waaaghs will sweep whole nations away and destroy armies and cities in tides of bloodlust and carnage, and only once the Orks have killed every available enemy will they start to fight amongst themselves again.
Who we iz an wut we do:
Da Waaagh is a Destruction guild heavily themed around the Greenskin race. The goal is to create as fun of an environment as possible, with the least amount of stress, for all our members. A game is something done to have fun, not to work, and certainly not to stress about. If this game and guild ever becomes a chore then we as a guild have not done our job correctly. As said before, this guild is heavily themed around the Greenskins and so almost everything about it will have something to do with the greenskin race from the ranks to the heraldry, but you do not necessarily have to play a greenskin to be a part of the guild.
While the guild is heavily themed around the greenskins we are not exclusive and so members of the lesser destruction races are welcome. Whether you are an ugly chaos 'umie or a disgustingly-weedy panzee elf there is room for you in the guild. But you will have to understand that your race may give many of the orcs and goblins of the guild plenty of amusement in endlessly making fun of you - although they will most likely spend as much time taunting one another. And if non-greenskins are not tossing taunts back at the greenskins then there is something wrong! But no matter what race you are you must be devoted to the idea of smashing stuntiez wherever the short buggers may be found.
Da Guild Roolz:
- Don't be a weedy git. This means that you should behave in civil manner to other players and guild members. This includes harassment, begging, and griefing. We want a reputation with our allies for being one of the silliest and most fun guilds around and a reputation with our enemies for being ferocious fighters and ded 'ard. We don't need a reputation for being assholes. Members violating this rule may be subject to removal from the guild.
- Bash all da stuntiez.
- Den bash all da stunty friends.
- HAVE FUN! Regardless of what you are doing in game, it should be fun first. If life is getting in the way and you need a break, then take one (just let us know first please). If people in the guild are causing you issues then talk to an officer. It is just a game in the end folks and not worth developing an ulcer over.
- VENTRILO: Since the current ventrilo server belongs to Ashterra/Klok (if he agrees), the exact rules are up to him. However, it is always a good rule to be respectful to other users and to not freely distribute the connection information for a vent-server that you do not personally pay for.
- No weedy thievin lootaz. If you don't need an item don't roll for it. If you need something that drops then roll away. No stinkin point systems and no ninja lootaz. I and the rest of the officers donít really want to have to design an over-complicated system to baby-sit items. The way this game is designed this should not really be a problem. However, in the case where someone wants to be a greedy snot just remember that karma can be a bitch and it will come back to haunt you at some point. I personally have no issues at all if karma decides it is time to curb-stomp you - you probably deserve it.
- Green is proppa. The core of the officers will mainly be greenskins although we will accept non-greenskins on a case-by-case basis. We want to keep with the theme of the guild, but at the same time it is better to have the best people for the role than worry about the color. And if needs be we can always dump 'umies an Panzees in a bucket of green paint.
- There will be role-players. You donít have to role-play if you donít want to, but be respectful of those who choose to do so. In reverse, if you are a role-player be respectful of those who do not enjoy RPing.
- Da bosses make da roolz. We might make up more rules later - deal with it.
Work in progress
- Da Warboss
- Big Boss / Nob
- Placeholder - possibly a champion rank for pit-fights
- Banna Wavva - standard bearer
- Reserved for special titles - used for contests/whatnot
- Skarboyz - veterans of any race
- Da Boyz - greenskin members
- Skumgrods - non-greenskin members
- Da Runtz - initiate rank
- Weedy Git - punishment rank
- Don't be a weedy git. This was mentioned already, but it bears repeating.
- Offer help to runtier members who need it. We realize you can't help 100% and you are not expected to, but if you are just sitting on your duff not bashing stuntiez and someone needs help then offer a hand if possible.
- Attendance - ya we don't do this. When you log on is your business. There will be events listed both on the site and on the in-game guild calendar, but you are not required to attend them if you donít wish to or cannot for some reason. Guild events are totally optional. However, we don't want to keep a roster of non-existent characters and so inactive players may be removed at a certain period in time. If you are going to be gone for long periods of time then let someone know ahead of time to avoid removal from the guild.
- It is every members job to make this the best and most fun guild around. Do your damned job!
- Uvver stuff: I dunno, maybe I will think of something else to add here later.
Loot - aka: Shiny fingz:
Most of the time we will be running around the world and will have groups comprised not just of Waaagh members. The game itself handles loot pretty well in groups and PQs. For the most part we are not going to regulate this in any way.
With the exception of raids on the enemy kings, most instance bosses are limited to 6-man group encounters. In those situations it is left up to the group of people involved to decide how loot is going to be distributed. However, this is not a license for abuse. Remember rules 2 & 7 as they still apply here. You should all be adult/intelligent enough to distribute items in an equitable fashion.
If we raid the enemy kings as a guild then the loot from the king will be distributed by the guild-leadership as best we can. Consideration will be given to everyone present for the battle and this includes non-guild members. Merit and eligibility will be determined on a warband basis and not a guild basis. Extra items that cannot be used by anyone in the warband will be kept for the guild bank (if possible) or be sold for guild funds.
Donations to the guild-bank will be appreciated and I am working on a credit system for members to purchase and sell things to the guild bank.
In keeping with the www.the-waaagh.com tradition of running contests we will run a number of fun contests both in-game and out of game. While the leadership will run many contests we encourage members to come up with their own contests as well. The specifics and rewards of these contests will range from whatever our crazy brains can come up with - everything from guild-bank credit, special short-term guild titles, special short-term authority, to possibly a painted miniature or anything else we can imagine. The more input and ideas we get the more wacky and fun stuff we can do.
And of course, there will always be the pit-fights!
Edited for formatting and fun with colors.