Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Waaagh Guild Charter

24 replies to this topic

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
Da Waaagh Guild Roolz

Wut iz a Waaagh?

Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy war, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure. Millions of Orks will gather together, drawn to the power of a single dominant Ork called a Warboss, who is larger and/or more intelligent than the Orks around him. Then the Orks will set off to find an enemy to fight -- any enemy. Ork Waaaghs will sweep whole nations away and destroy armies and cities in tides of bloodlust and carnage, and only once the Orks have killed every available enemy will they start to fight amongst themselves again.

Who we iz an wut we do:

Da Waaagh is a Destruction guild heavily themed around the Greenskin race. The goal is to create as fun of an environment as possible, with the least amount of stress, for all our members. A game is something done to have fun, not to work, and certainly not to stress about. If this game and guild ever becomes a chore then we as a guild have not done our job correctly. As said before, this guild is heavily themed around the Greenskins and so almost everything about it will have something to do with the greenskin race from the ranks to the heraldry, but you do not necessarily have to play a greenskin to be a part of the guild.

Membership:

While the guild is heavily themed around the greenskins we are not exclusive and so members of the lesser destruction races are welcome. Whether you are an ugly chaos 'umie or a disgustingly-weedy panzee elf there is room for you in the guild. But you will have to understand that your race may give many of the orcs and goblins of the guild plenty of amusement in endlessly making fun of you - although they will most likely spend as much time taunting one another. And if non-greenskins are not tossing taunts back at the greenskins then there is something wrong! But no matter what race you are you must be devoted to the idea of smashing stuntiez wherever the short buggers may be found.

Da Guild Roolz:

• WAAAGH!
  • Don't be a weedy git. This means that you should behave in civil manner to other players and guild members. This includes harassment, begging, and griefing. We want a reputation with our allies for being one of the silliest and most fun guilds around and a reputation with our enemies for being ferocious fighters and ded 'ard. We don't need a reputation for being assholes. Members violating this rule may be subject to removal from the guild.
  • Bash all da stuntiez.
  • Den bash all da stunty friends.
  • HAVE FUN! Regardless of what you are doing in game, it should be fun first. If life is getting in the way and you need a break, then take one (just let us know first please). If people in the guild are causing you issues then talk to an officer. It is just a game in the end folks and not worth developing an ulcer over.
  • VENTRILO: Since the current ventrilo server belongs to Ashterra/Klok (if he agrees), the exact rules are up to him. However, it is always a good rule to be respectful to other users and to not freely distribute the connection information for a vent-server that you do not personally pay for.
  • No weedy thievin lootaz. If you don't need an item don't roll for it. If you need something that drops then roll away. No stinkin point systems and no ninja lootaz. I and the rest of the officers donít really want to have to design an over-complicated system to baby-sit items. The way this game is designed this should not really be a problem. However, in the case where someone wants to be a greedy snot just remember that karma can be a bitch and it will come back to haunt you at some point. I personally have no issues at all if karma decides it is time to curb-stomp you - you probably deserve it.
  • Green is proppa. The core of the officers will mainly be greenskins although we will accept non-greenskins on a case-by-case basis. We want to keep with the theme of the guild, but at the same time it is better to have the best people for the role than worry about the color. And if needs be we can always dump 'umies an Panzees in a bucket of green paint.
  • There will be role-players. You donít have to role-play if you donít want to, but be respectful of those who choose to do so. In reverse, if you are a role-player be respectful of those who do not enjoy RPing.
  • Da bosses make da roolz. We might make up more rules later - deal with it.

Ranks:

Work in progress

• Da Warboss
  • Big Boss / Nob
  • Placeholder - possibly a champion rank for pit-fights
  • Banna Wavva - standard bearer
  • Reserved for special titles - used for contests/whatnot
  • Skarboyz - veterans of any race
  • Da Boyz - greenskin members
  • Skumgrods - non-greenskin members
  • Da Runtz - initiate rank
  • Weedy Git - punishment rank

Member Expectations:

• Don't be a weedy git. This was mentioned already, but it bears repeating.
  • Offer help to runtier members who need it. We realize you can't help 100% and you are not expected to, but if you are just sitting on your duff not bashing stuntiez and someone needs help then offer a hand if possible.
  • Attendance - ya we don't do this. When you log on is your business. There will be events listed both on the site and on the in-game guild calendar, but you are not required to attend them if you donít wish to or cannot for some reason. Guild events are totally optional. However, we don't want to keep a roster of non-existent characters and so inactive players may be removed at a certain period in time. If you are going to be gone for long periods of time then let someone know ahead of time to avoid removal from the guild.
  • It is every members job to make this the best and most fun guild around. Do your damned job!
  • Uvver stuff: I dunno, maybe I will think of something else to add here later.

Loot - aka: Shiny fingz:

Most of the time we will be running around the world and will have groups comprised not just of Waaagh members. The game itself handles loot pretty well in groups and PQs. For the most part we are not going to regulate this in any way.

With the exception of raids on the enemy kings, most instance bosses are limited to 6-man group encounters. In those situations it is left up to the group of people involved to decide how loot is going to be distributed. However, this is not a license for abuse. Remember rules 2 & 7 as they still apply here. You should all be adult/intelligent enough to distribute items in an equitable fashion.

If we raid the enemy kings as a guild then the loot from the king will be distributed by the guild-leadership as best we can. Consideration will be given to everyone present for the battle and this includes non-guild members. Merit and eligibility will be determined on a warband basis and not a guild basis. Extra items that cannot be used by anyone in the warband will be kept for the guild bank (if possible) or be sold for guild funds.

Donations to the guild-bank will be appreciated and I am working on a credit system for members to purchase and sell things to the guild bank.

Kontests:

In keeping with the www.the-waaagh.com tradition of running contests we will run a number of fun contests both in-game and out of game. While the leadership will run many contests we encourage members to come up with their own contests as well. The specifics and rewards of these contests will range from whatever our crazy brains can come up with - everything from guild-bank credit, special short-term guild titles, special short-term authority, to possibly a painted miniature or anything else we can imagine. The more input and ideas we get the more wacky and fun stuff we can do.

And of course, there will always be the pit-fights!

Edited for formatting and fun with colors.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,361 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Grimgull
Two things - one, with the not being a weedy git, IMHO you should point out that there will be some \'in character\' smack talk around pitfights, and that many proppa ladz will be having a good natured in character mocking of da panzees, grots, etc.

Also: ranks - I liked grim teefs version:

1- Warboss
2- Nob (these are our leadership ranks, just like on the Waaagh here)

3- Banna Wava (note that multiple members could have this rank due to Pit Fight results. If one Banna Wava is not available, the Banna falls to the next potential Wava. We will have to keep track of who the highest ranked Wava is as we do not have enough ranks for that)
4- Skarboy (a regiment advisor on the game and RvR fighting, should be knowledgable of their class. Also, would help defend the Regiment Banna. This could potentially be the highest rank a non-orc could aspire to)

5- Big \'Un
6- Boy

7- Skumgrod (this rank is really equal with Boy, above)
8- Not An Orc (orc Yoofs will skip the next two ranks and progress to Boy when they are promoted)

9- Yoof (the starting point for new recruits of all races)

10- Weedy Panzee Luvvin\' Git (the punishment rank)

Cheerz to Thork for the Great Avvy.
Let's gross our fingers and sacraface pot Blood Red to Bitz God... [Morhgoz]
I oppose RAW evil; or, more importantly; The Dice Gods oppose RAW evil. [Andrew the Eternal's proppa hiaku]

"Giving Krooza an idea, now prooven to be just as bad as saying 'Go on Dim, rant away!" [Dim Reepa]
"We don't have a Battle Tank. We have a glorified transport that eats people." "like a surgical sledgehammer." [GrogDaTyrant]

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Tankchewa
One thing I would like to know, will this be a US based guild? and if yes, how about a european version also?
I like to loot it loot it

The rulebook also doesn't say anything about beating people like this with their own army case. So, technically...

Nozeminer - In the "best cheat ever" thread.

Kodek

Kodek

Flash Git

• Freebooterz
  • 1,142 posts
  • Army Name:No army at present...
Very nice CB, looks good to me. My only gripe is that I think Skumgrod sounds better than Not Green, though I like the way you have ordered all the ranks and whatnot - it's just the name.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

Very nice CB, looks good to me. My only gripe is that I think Skumgrod sounds better than Not Green, though I like the way you have ordered all the ranks and whatnot - it's just the name.

I agree that Skumgrod sounds better. But I have tried in 3 different guilds now to name a rank "skumgrod" and for some reason it would never let me do it. There are filters for some things and I am wondering if the "skum" part of the word is getting caught on the filter. I dunno why it would, but in the end I don't think we will be able to name a rank "skumgrod" so for the mean-time I have been using "Not Green" in its place. If anyone has ideas on another name for that rank then I am open to ideas - it is not set in stone.

@Blakkreaper: The ranks are essentially the same as the one in Grimteef's post except that I have condensed a few of them. I did this because after actually using the guild-rank system a few times I felt our original idea simply had too many extraneous ranks. Consdensing a few of the ranks allows us to free up a couple of ranks that we can use for special promotions and kontests. I don't see a need for 2 different recruitment ranks or 2 different veteran ranks. Combining those into one rank gives us 2 ranks that we can regularly change and award as temporary contest rewards - which is an idea I really like.

Two things - one, with the not being a weedy git, IMHO you should point out that there will be some \'in character\' smack talk around pitfights, and that many proppa ladz will be having a good natured in character mocking of da panzees, grots, etc.

I did specifically mention in the membership section that there will be good-natured making fun of other races and that non-greenskins should be aware of this. There was also a rule specifically stating that there will be RPing going on. I thought that was sufficient, but if enough people think it needs to be emphasized more then I can add more to it.

@Bigmek: Most of us are in the US, so this is going to be a US guild. People in europe are welcome to make thier own Waaagh guild, but since I don't live in europe I am not going to. And depending on how they manage the servers anyone from europe is welcome to play on our server and be a part of the guild (if that is possible).

Lady Lu

Lady Lu

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 318 posts
  • Army Name:Morguk's Freebootaz
If a Ventrillo server is available, would it be considered 'mandatory' to be on there, even if one were to just listen in?
"Your stuff belongs to me,
my stuff belongs to me too.
That's the spirit of sharing."

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

If a Ventrillo server is available, would it be considered 'mandatory' to be on there, even if one were to just listen in?

Nope. You could join vent if you wanted to, but it would not be required. And if you don't want to get a mic and talk you would not have to.

However, it would be highly recommended for activities such as pre-made RvR scenario teams or organized keep/city sieges.

Zogmor

Zogmor

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bugzoggaz.
I'll toss out the suggestion of "Unproppa" or "Ain't Proppa" for the Not Green rank.
"It's a sawed-off sniper-shotgun."

Shi

Shi

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts

I'll toss out the suggestion of "Unproppa" or "Ain't Proppa" for the Not Green rank.

heheh, as being one of the "Not Green" peoples to join...i really like this idea :D

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
I have renewed the guild-rank discussion, using these ranks, over in the regiment ranks post. Lets move the discussion of ranks over there and keep this post mainly for discussion to the actual guild-rules and charter.

Vagdoth

Vagdoth

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 26 posts
i's like it, but not much mention of eating them not green people.

Groblin

Groblin

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
Sounds good to me. Da green is with you CB.

Soopa man

Soopa man

Runtherder for life

• Boyz
  • 363 posts
  • Army Name:Da justice league of waagh
Looks great to me. A small question: I'm very comfortable with the roleplaying bit, but to facilitate communication, I presume we're going to go light on the Orc?

QUOTE ("Orkeosaurus)
God exists, and so does the Devil, only it's really more like twenty Devils, and they all want to see you suffer, and god is paralyzed for life and has to eat souls to keep breathing, but you still worship him because he eats less souls than any of the Devils, and Jesus decided to betray god and his clone still goes around killing people.

And this is why green is best. None of this mucking about with the "lesser of 21 evils" or nuttin. Just krumpin, good an proppa.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts

Looks great to me. A small question: I'm very comfortable with the roleplaying bit, but to facilitate communication, I presume we're going to go light on the Orc?

I think it depends on the person. However, I have RPed a whole lot throughout beta and people have never had too much trouble following what I was saying. The trick is not to totally overdo it and to make sure you keep things stupid-simple phonetically. It also helps to mainly muck around with the simpler and smaller words of a phrase and leave the longer & complex words in standard english.

But stuff like: "Oi! all yooz needz ta hit da stunty healer!" Is pretty colorful and not hard to understand at all. "I will getz da wizzurd - yoo gets da uvver runts!"

One night I spent over 4 hours running around the RvR area of the Tier-1 chaos zone psuedo-leading a warband of 18-22 people and I never let up on the greenskin talk. I had a blast and it seemed that a bunch of other people did as well since i got a lot of laughs in chat and everyone followed me around. I did not even start the warband or try to proclaim a grand-strategy. I just ran around like a goof-ball lunatic crashing into the middle of the enemy lines (even if others were too scared) and spouting all sorts of crap in ork-speak in chat. A lot of it was callin people runts an panzees for standing at the back and not gettin "in da scrap". In the end I had a ton of people chasing me around following me into big battles, half of the group yelling WAAAAGH!!, and a bunch of other greenskins talking in ork-speek.

Fun times. Overall I don't think it will be too much of an issue.

Soopa man

Soopa man

Runtherder for life

• Boyz
  • 363 posts
  • Army Name:Da justice league of waagh
Great. Sounds like this will be fun. I might get the game/join simply ta beat da english language into bloody submission.

QUOTE ("Orkeosaurus)
God exists, and so does the Devil, only it's really more like twenty Devils, and they all want to see you suffer, and god is paralyzed for life and has to eat souls to keep breathing, but you still worship him because he eats less souls than any of the Devils, and Jesus decided to betray god and his clone still goes around killing people.

And this is why green is best. None of this mucking about with the "lesser of 21 evils" or nuttin. Just krumpin, good an proppa.

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob

I think it depends on the person. However, I have RPed a whole lot throughout beta and people have never had too much trouble following what I was saying. The trick is not to totally overdo it and to make sure you keep things stupid-simple phonetically. It also helps to mainly muck around with the simpler and smaller words of a phrase and leave the longer & complex words in standard english.

But stuff like: "Oi! all yooz needz ta hit da stunty healer!" Is pretty colorful and not hard to understand at all. "I will getz da wizzurd - yoo gets da uvver runts!"

One night I spent over 4 hours running around the RvR area of the Tier-1 chaos zone psuedo-leading a warband of 18-22 people and I never let up on the greenskin talk. I had a blast and it seemed that a bunch of other people did as well since i got a lot of laughs in chat and everyone followed me around. I did not even start the warband or try to proclaim a grand-strategy. I just ran around like a goof-ball lunatic crashing into the middle of the enemy lines (even if others were too scared) and spouting all sorts of crap in ork-speak in chat. A lot of it was callin people runts an panzees for standing at the back and not gettin "in da scrap". In the end I had a ton of people chasing me around following me into big battles, half of the group yelling WAAAAGH!!, and a bunch of other greenskins talking in ork-speek.

Fun times. Overall I don't think it will be too much of an issue.

The two sample lines you give is how I'd imagined role-playing. :thumbs

That last bit made me smile alot, and I really can't wait to join you all now! :biggrin
Thanks for reading my post.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
buuump - need a sticky

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,553 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Here's da Stikky...
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Uzzagog

Uzzagog

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 1 posts
Wow, sounds like a fun guild. But, is there a requirement for rank or experience? 'Cause I only got the game recently, and I'm not that far in the game., is this a problem, or can I still join?

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
The only real requirement is to agree to the rules and the charter. From there people are brought in as the Runt rank (initiate), and after a short trial period are promoted to members as long as everyone gets along. I have been absent for a little over a week due to school, but just look for someone online and ask them to direct you to the proper person to speak to about getting an invite.

Reply to this topic