Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

new to inquisitor/warband idea

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

drear

drear

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 108 posts
i got the rules yesturday, had a good read through and i think im hooked :biggrin

so i decided to try my hand at a little warband idea with a littel back story.
so far i have no idea about stats, i was going to use the set stats for the various generic types of models, and maybe alter them slightly to fit more with the story line..but anway tell me what you think, if its underpowered/overpowered/boring etc (:

heres what i have :

the female inquisitor was in love with a man who was sentanced to death by the inquisition, she was given a choice, either see him executed or help him repent for his sins.
his heart was deemed to be so heavy with sin that it must be removed, and so the inquisitor offered her heart as a replacement, it was cut in two and each half enhanced by bionics and each was re-implanted with the new hearts, his old heart burnt .
he was then sentanced to become an acro flagelant, and sh was inlisted to protect his mortal body, so he could repent his sins through cleansing other sinner and blasphemers toward the emporer of mandkind. she carries 2 executioner rounds incase she needs to destroy her lover , if he reverts to his old sinful ways, one bullet for him and one for her, although she will often use them on other " desurving" enemies.

so far i havnt thought up names i feel really fit , and dont sound stupidly cheesey..so this is the character setup:

female inquisitor:

-advanced bionic eye, crude artificial heart,
- chainblade , set of duelling pistols, man stopper ammo, and 2 executioner
rounds
- medic servo skull
- carpace armour on chest and groin.
skills - leader, gun fighter, heroic.

psychic abilities - mesmerism and telephathy.

acro flaggelant:

-implanted electro flails, crude artificial heart, average bionic brain
- combat drugs - slaught and spur
- skills - furious assualt, true grit, fearsome

i had a thought to maybe have a % bonus for a stat/skill when the two were together, and maybe a stat/skill %reduction for being apart..would that make sense?

---------------------- update-------------

got hold of a devotee model, and decided to add it in as a preacher, but lowering its toughness and upping its willpower to reflect his psycic abilities. he is there to watch over the two characters abouve and report back to the imperium of their actions

heres a pic of my first inquisitor model ^^ :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

he carries a flame pistol and a smoke grenade, has fireball and word of the emporer , and psychic sheild.
no armour seems to make it so that whilst he can shoot out alot of fire,if hes caught up close hes gonna get sliced up (:

Da -space- chicken

Da -space- chicken

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 260 posts
i liek the bionic heart idea very cool bit of depth to your warband would consider possibly another gun though, i have found dueling pistols to slow up everything and if you are playing with full ammo and weight rules then you are going to need alot of pistol rounds to get round NPc's and other warband members. the % increase could work well, you could also use a rule like if the female is in danger the flagellent must engage her nearest attacker or the other way around. there is alot of potential scope with such a themed warband that you could use to link the two. perhaps they are granted certain skills if the other is near? also an inquisitor does not need a preacher to report his actions, thats what the ordo hereticus is for
BEWARE OF THE ONE LEGGED SPACE CHICKENS, THEY ARE PLOTTING OUR DEMISE!

drear

drear

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 108 posts
ill need to read more into the fluff i think to get what the preacher based character actually is, but i liked the whole shouting devotions and blessings of the emporer thing to much not to have sombody amazingly fanatical there. i might use the navigator model as a ordo heriticus, as he is very nobel and conserved in his pose and such. with the duelling pistols i imagine i would only give her a few rounds for them, making her extra weapon skill count more for when she needs to shoot, but also meaning she has to pick her shots very wisely. i could give her some navel pistols, but they seemed abit to pwoerful to me, and i definitly want to avoid a bolter. i had an idea to include a harliquins kiss weapon on one member, as this is the first weapon i ever read about back in the 3rd? edition 40k box, when there were wargear cards, and its always been somthing vie loved..but its justifying it being in there within the backstory. i could say one member, maybe the inquisitor herself spent time on a craftworld monitoring a pro-emporer panzee cult, and for her time there and guidance ( and sparing them exterminus) she was given the kiss weapon? it might give her an extra oomph as her pistols wont last for long with limited ammo, and with her chainblade the kiss would make her combat abilities rather scary. i do like the idea about the acro having to charge the nearest enemy to her if she is in danger, ill write up a little rule for it , calling it somthing like "love even in servitude" (:

Da -space- chicken

Da -space- chicken

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 260 posts
in regards to the ordo hereticus plan, have you read the eisenhorn trilogy? its really usefull for showing the diversity in inquisitors across all orders. in particualr for hereticus reference id recommend the final book as it deals with eisenhorns dealings with chaos and the ordo hereticus. not all are so noble ;)
BEWARE OF THE ONE LEGGED SPACE CHICKENS, THEY ARE PLOTTING OUR DEMISE!