Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Using AI models in other games

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Steelmage99

Steelmage99

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 698 posts
  • Army Name:Gark Razguh
I went out and bought Wings of War - Dawn of War, the 4th game in the Wings of War series made by Fantasy Flight Games.

It is an exellent little WW2 flight game. Definetly a beer-and-pretzels game that last 20-30 minutes per game.

My friends and I were playing and thought "hey, wouldn't it be cool to adapt this game to use Epic/Aeronautica models?".

And so we did. Planes are represented by cards in the original game and it took less than an hour online to find pictures and make our own cards. On top of the card we attached a model and Presto!

The best thing is that you only need 6-12 models, maybe 16 if you really waht to go allout.

"Why not just play Aeronautica?"

Because a game last 20-30 minutes max. and you can carry the entire game, including models in less than a shoebox. An nice little game to bring on your holiday.

Don't really know if this is the right place for this kind of post, but I just wanted to share.

EDIT-

Have painted a few of my models. No my Bommas, Fightas and Fighta Bommas though. :crybaby

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

leaxe

leaxe

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
  • Army Name:0
I had the same idea about Wings of War. Great! any pictures?
Folding space, bending light, twisting reality...
my better painted models on coolminiornot.com

Steelmage99

Steelmage99

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 698 posts
  • Army Name:Gark Razguh
Well, it would just be pictures of AI models. Painted by me for sure, but not anything impressive.