Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New 40k? New Orky Gameplay Markers!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,224 posts
Greetin'z, you mangy grots! :) Some of you may be aware of this already, but there's a new edition of 40K upon us! :D And with that, there come some new game aspects and rules, some of which are sometimes difficult to remember or just a pain to keep track of.

THAT is why the-waaagh HQ and myself have made the Orky Gameplay Markers (inspired from the fish'eads over at AdvancedTauTactica.com). You may already be familiar with the previous set for, seen here:

orkyGameMarkersFlatJPG.jpg

and the new edition of 40k has led to the next set seen below!

orky_game_markers_2Flat.jpg

As with the previous marker set, these markers are color coded for a little more ease of use.

The green colored ones are used for your boyz, and have the Get Down! marker for Going To Ground, and the 'Ere We Go! (thanks for the name, SG) marker for Running. Also, from the previous marker set at top, you can use the Sneeky marker to denote when a mob is in cover.

The black markers are for vehicle damage and protection, and Obskured is for showing that your vehicles are in cover or in the effect range of a KFF. This'll help to remember to take those 4+ cover saves!

The red markers with the red checks on the edges are the Speed markers for your vehicles. This will help to remember how fast your vehicles moved, so you know if you can shoot or assault with them that turn. Also, since you cannot move to Flat Out Speed (up to 18") straight away in your move anymore, this should help make sure you aren't assaulting at that speed. (just don't get these too mixed in with your Wound Markers from the other set - they are red too, but the wound markers have dags on the edges to help identify a little bit more.)

For some details on how to make your markers, check out the previous Gameplay Marker thread, seen here. That should get you going if these are a new idea to you.

Hope these come in handy ladz!

Happy Krumping!

Grotskul

Grotskul

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 332 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Grotskul
Thanks, Boss!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,938 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Those are great Grimteef! Thanks muchly. I'm not new to 40k and I'm having em anyway.

GrogDaTyrant

GrogDaTyrant

Mr Angry

• Deathskullz
  • 4,093 posts
  • Army Name:People's Democratic Republic of Federal Democratic Rebuplic of Tyranny!
I lack a printer, but I'll be building them by scratch and emulating them the best I can paint. Thanks bosses! Inspiration as always.
QUOTE (Fact Core, from Portal 2)
-Whales are twice as intelligent and three times as delicious as humans.

-In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than four percent of poor people are able to do this.

Gobsmakk'd

Gobsmakk'd

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Deathskullz
  • 548 posts
  • Army Name:Da Ska' Vengaz (Deff Skullz)
Luv'ly stuff! Many thanks to GrimTeef and the rest of da HQ for slaving over da drawing board with these :thumbs

Ashnak of da Bigga Stik Krew

Skarboy

• Goffz
  • 1,476 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bigga Stik Krew
I've been waiting for these. Thanks, HQ. :thumbs
Boyz need 'elp? Bring da Bigga Stik!!!

Ashnak battle survival ratio: 5/15

"WAAAGH! Da Ardfoot iz propa!" - Hakbash

"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

"The time for the emperors chosen to be crushed under foot by iron shod boots and run over by trukks with no shock absorbers. Their era of psychological warfare is over. The time of the cunnin' git is at hand... - Warboss Zoombad

DJ Lockjaw

DJ Lockjaw

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
Awesome! Thanks a bundle!
QUOTE (hakbash @ Aug 17 2008, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WAAAGH! da wetting oneself

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,019 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
Sweet, thanks Boss'! :thumbs I'm gonna have to add this to my list of projects.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Rustytop

Rustytop

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 148 posts
  • Army Name:At-MEK
Excellent job. I'm going to print 'em out on Shrinky dink inkjet paper and turn 'em into plastic counters
Now 10% grumpier than Krooza

Skarboy

• Goffz
  • 1,476 posts
I reduced these to 22.5mm to fit on the 25mm fantasy bases and 17.5 to fit on the small fantasy bases and used that at WAAAGH Gorzag this last Saturday. They were awesome.

"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

"The time for the emperors chosen to be crushed under foot by iron shod boots and run over by trukks with no shock absorbers. Their era of psychological warfare is over. The time of the cunnin' git is at hand... - Warboss Zoombad

Tuska

Tuska

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts
  • Army Name:Tuska's Revenge
These are awsome- thanks for taking the time to do this! :cheers

vonsirius

vonsirius

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 1 posts
fantastic!!!! Thank you.

Da Mad Mech

Da Mad Mech

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
Great work guys!!!! :biggrin

Thramack

Thramack

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 116 posts
  • Army Name:Thramack Lewtzdat's Deffskullz of Deff
Any issues if I were to just scupt these markers and then cast them for people if they wanted them?
You know if they are "Rare Earth Magnets" why does everyone have them?

"Dey can't fight yoo when yooz iz already got dere stuff" - Thramack Lewtzdat DeffSkull Warbozz

Current Apocalypse Record
Orkz (An dem udder guyz who am tag along) 5 Imperials 0

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,224 posts
Hmm. Good question, Thramack. You might want to watch out when casting anything relating to GWs IP, as they get a little huffy about that.

txMaddog

txMaddog

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 5 posts
Thanks! I was dreading making my own as I really liked the ones on TTA but just not Orky enough. And I finally have a use for the square bases I have sitting around! :cheers
txMaddog
For da Greater WAAAGH!!

Kaptain Von

Kaptain Von

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 140 posts
  • Army Name:Marshal Grimskul's Black Kroosaders
Ta very much for these! Opponent reactions have ranged from "eyy, those are cool" to "how handy" and that's good all round, and it gives me something to do with all those 25mm bases I have left over from years of WFB Chaos armies.

Warbossgunzmek

Warbossgunzmek

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Da 'Evey Amour 'Umpany
:search Been looking for something like dis , Jobs a good an dun :biggrin

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
Everyone of my opponents love it when I bust out da 'urt and 'urt bad tokens.. It may be also cause I belt out.. OW! he's 'urt or he's 'urt bad when it happens to.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Skarboy

• Goffz
  • 1,476 posts
I love loaning the urt and urt bad ones to my opponents. :thumbs