Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kaptin Badrum and his Flash Gits. And a Deffsoot to boot!

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Totgeboren

Totgeboren

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:Gutrippaz smashaz
I have been working hard the last few days, making my own Flash Git kaptin (count as Badrukk), Flash Gits, and also something special... first the gits and the kaptin. ;)

The Gits whilst WIP.
Posted Image

Started painting. I must point out that they are actually not Bad Moons, but unproppa Blood Axes with desert camo! :D
Posted Image

And here are some pics of the good kaptin himself. He started out as a Big mek (WIP thread can be found here).
Posted Image

Oh how I have tried different desert camos on my boys. In the end, a simple beige/yellow was the only one that worked. I have read somewhere that the GW studio doesnt paint camo on their infantry either, only the tanks. Its to small on infantry and makes them look strange (kinda the point of camo, but not good for the tabletop).

So, what do you think about my blork Flash Gits? :)

And, I have also made something spechul. After getting totally krumped by fish'ead Battlesuits, my few surviving meks started working on battlesuits of their own! Orks never let a good idea go to waste, and battlesuits are a really good idea. :dakka

So, I checked through the codex, and the deffkopta entry works equally well for an ork battlesuit in my humble opinion. Aslong as the suit is beefy enough atleast.
Also, The bigbomm entry was too good an idea to pass up on a suit-like model.
Anyway, this is still PIP, but im quite happy how he turned out. There is a plastic Blork under all that plasticard. I will build 4 more, for a full unit of 5. :)
Posted Image

Please feel free to give modelling advice, since I will build more Gits and Deffsoots.
"It is the misfortune of beings to be for us nothing else but useful showcases for the contents of our own minds."
/Harry G. Frankfurt

My orks.

My Stompa uv Deff!

My Traitor Guards and Word Bearers!

waaaghboss

waaaghboss

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Gor Kop'z 'ordz a Stompin'
Those ladz look great, very shooty and perfect for flashgitz. Using an armor suit to represent a deffkopta is a great idea and it came out wonderfully. I'd love to see any WIP shots you had. If you plan on doing more with big bombz you could try bundles of stikkbombz or dynamite. I think those would make good representations for a big one. Very proppa even if they are desert camo blood axes. How did you achieve such a smooth yellow?

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
I may as well paint myself blue, because every time I look at a project I see something I want to loot! In this case...everything! The Gitz are proppa, Badrukk is Badass...and my favorite: Da Deffsoot!
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Goregob

Goregob

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 442 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Goregob
Absolutely brilliant! :biggrin :thumbs I love the gitz and the "Deffsoot" is inspired! Brilliantly modelled and well painted, nice one :D Maybe the next suit could have a little pair of wings? with weapons on them, and the ork could have some sort of "kontrolla" :lol
Thanks for reading my post.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,640 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Yeah more Blorc Flashgitz I really like your snazzguns. I think FlashGitz epitomize Orkiness. I've been wanting to do another set, I think next time I'm gunna do them w/ cyborc bodies. I like the way Badrum came out, the addition of the Nid armour livens him up a bit, lets people know he takes on any challenger.
The battlesuit deffcopta is truly inspired. I love giant stick o' boom he's toting around Well done :thumbs
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Guest_Skaven Dave_*

Guest_Skaven Dave_*
  • Guests
These are absolutely fantastic, and has inspired me to go back to my Cybork Flash Gits, which are currently stuck together, but without weapons. Love the Deffsoot, I may have to loot that for something or other, possibly for a small Bad Moonz force, or maybe a Blood Axe force which is Krumpin for da Greata Gud

Lugnut McGrot

Lugnut McGrot

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:Lugnut'z Evil Sunz
The Ork battlesuit is a great idea that you pulled off well with a very nice and Orky model. I too would like to see some WIP shots and maybe some info on how you built it. Lugnut
QUOTE (Lugnut McGrot @ Apr 4 2008, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice work.

Hi
Just wanted to say 'well done!' though admittedly sarcasticly
Not only this the above post completely unconstructive and not insightful in the least.. around ere we call that Spam.
But you also posted into a thread which hadnt beeing posted into in over two years.

The shear idiocy of it made me smile. Havent had a craptastic post like that in a while.

KroozA

Utan

Utan

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 655 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Grin
You have done a great job 40k-ifying those BlOrks! On of the best black ork conversion jobs I have seen pass through these pages... I also think the idea behind your deffkopta/battlesuit is strong. Thanks for the inspiration.
Dis iz da Waaagh! ooniverse.

Rakka Dakka

Rakka Dakka

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 768 posts
  • Army Name:'ard toofs
wow dude these look awesome. I think blorcs only really work for one thing and thats flash gits. Love the chunkyness of the deffsoot. Having a unit of 5 of them would look great.
theres no greater thing than the WAAAAGGHH!

Mukrut rocks the Avatar world

Ramashek

Ramashek

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts
i have to say, im very rarely so impressed... those black ork flashgits are great... and that Deffsoot for the deff kopta is AMAZING!!!! i am gonna try and loot that, it's great :D
The Mek Who Can Never Finish A Project

Dregznek

Dregznek

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Dregznekz Krew
Well done. The soot looks fantastic.

Kodek

Kodek

Flash Git

• Freebooterz
  • 1,142 posts
  • Army Name:No army at present...
Now thats what I call flash gits! Nice work Totgeboren. And the battlesuit is equally cool. :thumbs

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
The Deffkopta Suit is just incredible. It's not often that I feel I have to loot an idea, but in this case I think I'm going to have to. It's just so well designed that I have to have one (or three). If you have time to write up a basic tutorial, I'd be a happy Ork.

The Flashgits are great as well, but I do have one complaint: their guns are too big and propa to realistically represent their in-game role :lol ! I think they'd be awesome Lootas, but it's just hard to think guns that huge would only be Strength 5 Assault 1 (or 2, maybe) weapons. Not that you'd get any complaints from opponents, but if you don't have any Lootas in your army yet, it might be worth using them that way.

lordmetroid

lordmetroid

Stormboy

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,309 posts
  • Army Name:Pink Skinz tribe, Bad moonz klan
This Mek is seriously thinking about looting the Deffkopta suit koncept for his own deffkoptas. Incredibly ingenuity and piece of hard work as well as art. Love it :love Where you got this metal mittens from? Black Orcs of Wahammer Fantasy?

swampy

swampy

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 695 posts
  • Army Name:ash wastes arsonists
Hi, those flash gits look proppa, they are all very individual and their guns look the business but you wouldnt want to be looking down the business end of them, great stuff i couldnt tell they are made from black orcs, are they? and i love the jump pack suit ? deff suit? i dont know what to call it but i want one, thanks for posting :cheers
"I Luv da smell uv prome-ee-fee-um in da mornin'!"

Totgeboren

Totgeboren

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:Gutrippaz smashaz
Thanks for all the kind comments! They really make me wanna do more of these, and I will take lots of WIP pics, both of the building and the painting. :) Stuart, I must say I think their guns fit perfectly for their profile, as I always buy them more dakka and shootier. They fire as as much as a deffgun, wound as easily against most stuff, but often cut right trough the thickest armour. In my experience, they have quite alot nastier firepower vs infantry than Lootas. Though, lootas cost a wee bit less. :P I also have lootas with lascannons and autocannons. They get the big long-range guns, and the gits get the big short-range guns. :) And for those who are wondering, all these models are made from the plastic Black Orcs, but with some metal Nobs heads (except the Deffsoot, who has a normal ork head. and the kaptin, who has a plastic blorc head). I have also used some plasticard (especially for the Deffsoot), and some greenstuff (for the Gits and kaptin). More pics will follow. :thumbs
"It is the misfortune of beings to be for us nothing else but useful showcases for the contents of our own minds."
/Harry G. Frankfurt

My orks.

My Stompa uv Deff!

My Traitor Guards and Word Bearers!

Gorzag Gofasta

Gorzag Gofasta

telescoping arm

• Evil Sunz
  • 485 posts
The Waaagh is stunned by your models, Totgeboren. The posing is dynamic, and natural looking enough for something over the top like Flashgitz. The painting is ecellent too, but I have a word of advice: tiger stripes! The blood axes are known for their obnoxious camo, and it is simple enough to do if you have a steady hand. The battlesuit is incredible of course and totally works. Is that a plasticard plate over his face? This is real inspiration to post pics of my own blorc gitz and start painting them.
"You ladz is too slow for proppa krumpin."

(Avatar by Krooza)

Skargob Zagbad

Skargob Zagbad

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 112 posts
  • Army Name:Da Dragon Bref Tribe
Unmistakably Flash Gitz. Excellent work! I was having second thoughts about using blorc parts, you've convinced me otherwise.
My work in progress army blog - Da Return of da Snakebites (Dragon Bref Clan)

Lurk Gofgob

Lurk Gofgob

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 144 posts
  • Army Name:Lurk Gofgobz Waaagh!
The Snazzgunz are great, but the Battlesoot is the best! Dat is a perfect Deffkopta! :thumbs

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps
I add to the chorus: wonderfull konzept for the battlesoot!! superb!!!! :love (we're all deffskulls when someone comes up with something worth looting :biggrin) thanx for sharing!! You could make one flying and holding in both hands a net full of grenades...

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)