Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
Thanks for coming by! This thread is to chronicle this build and painting. My gaming group has a 2 day campaign coming up on July 12th. One of the things being done is a painting and conversion contest for special characters. Mine is Mega Armored Warboss Toegnasher. So, I have to build and paint this fella by that date...no mean feat for my amount of time. Hence why it is 3:30AM...and I have to work soon :bleep

I have been dying to make a Big Super Badass Bad Moons Warboss using a defiler claw, and here is my chance! I got a couple basic things done tonite, which started with me rampaging through one of my (too) many bitz boxes looking for parts. In the following pictures, you can see my progress so far, as well as some of the bitz I have chosen. So without further rambling, Le Pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I plan on making some big shoulder pads via kitbashing and plasticard. I will of course be building a ridiculous power supply to juice the powerklaw, and I am going to build an over the top shoota arm as well. Also, I will be making a GrotBot as an attack squig.

Comments, criticism, ideas and general cheerleading encouraged and appreciated!
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
It looks promising, although you're going to need to seriously bulk out the body to match the legs and defiler arm. Looking forward to seeing this develop.

orkoid

orkoid

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 73 posts
  • Army Name:blooad axe
if your going to make it that big then maybe you should also consider using it as a dread, but it does look promising!
92% of teens have fallen to rap if you are the other 8% who still listen to real music copy and paste this to your signature

I cant seem to understand how people find Slipknot creepy??

current projects:
Get painting skills up for 2009 Aussie GD
1000pts Bad moon army

gorgog

gorgog

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgog's Fist (Clan: Blood Axe)
thats giving me ideas for the plastic dread in the forthcoming starter set....using beakie shoulder pads as feet is a great idea.....that is gonna be looted.... :cheers mitch
-incoming gun fire ravages da boyz and da blud axe boss-
boyz "boss why u standing like dat?"
warboss strikes a dynamic beakie pose
boss "me trying to look lik dem 'umies ovr dere." "arnt I koolz har har har."

Me not Weedy

Me not Weedy

Weedy

• Deathskullz
  • 2,240 posts
  • Army Name:Not Weedy's Lootin Gitz
This looks to be very promising. I'm not too sure about using the defiler klaw but I have seen stranger things done fantastically by some of the gitz around here so I'm not too concerned with it.
Sometimes when I'm alone I pretend I'm a squig...
-silly buck toofed git

Whining aimlessly is totally my hobby.
-silly buck toofed git

Manik

Manik

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 113 posts
  • Army Name:Les krâneurs
Looks like a really promising start. I keep an eye on this thread. Consider your space-beakie-shoulder-boots as looted. :cheers
Orkatitude
QUOTE (CannibalBob)
An ork does not think he is better than you, he knows it.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
erm, the 12th? As in 9 days from now? Painted too? sheeesh, Ug, yer not messin' about, are ya? Go for it! What you've got looks pretty good so far. Although I am a tad curious how you're going to get that claw high enough off the ground so that Tosgnasher doesn't turn out to be Knuckledragger. Waaagh on, Ug!
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
Dynamic basing, MGD! Though I remember someone doing spark effects with a powerklaw scraping the ground.... I am going to put him on a 60mm base, and count him as a monstrous creature for the campaign. Once we work out the special rules I will post them here. I lost yesterday. When I got back from gaming night I was just too wiped out to do anything. The room was unbearably hot, and I had to finish my games for our Kill Teams campaign. Luckily, today should be nice and slow at work and I brought my rivet punching supplies with me. Did I mention I was also going to rivet, repair and paint Lorax's Battlewagon at the same time as I do this project? Yeah, I am going to be up late again tonite ;) Thanks for your comment, lads!
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
So, I went over the top again. I wanted to make a big, nasty gun with barrels bristling everywhere. I think I will be adjusting it (as I have several times tonite) but I am getting there. I need to watch how many times I redo things because time is definately an issue.

Hydraulics have been started for the shoota arm. I also put on some shoulder pads, and I still need to put battle damage on the left one. I finished the base, but I need to work on connecting the hips to the torso. That will be tomorrow nights challenge. I am going to bust out the dremel and pin it nicely, and go from there.

I tried to GS the feet, and MAN am I utter garbage with putty. Oh well, all in experience and I already started filing. I will finish filing tomorrow, and hopefully that will help smooth things out. I am also going to start thinking a bit more about the engine.

Well, it's 4:30 and it's my day to get up with my daughter. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Tok

Tok

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 341 posts
Are you going to use him as a ghazkul or ordinary boss?

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
He is a special character for the event, and will count as a monstrous creature.
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
I think you could use the klaw alone as a monstrous creature. ;) The gun can't exaclty be mistaken for a pea-shooter either. This is gonna be a cool looking boss when your finished. The base looks great BTW. :thumbs
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
When I built my mega sized warboss one thing i used for shoulder pads were the fenders off of the old buggy. If you have on laying around that you don't feel too attached too, they make great pads. This guy is looking dead ard so far.
Off to a fantastic start!

Also, I am so excited to see the wagon with some paint on it. I left you in a bad spot with the riveting (sorry again about that). Now get back to work! :whip
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
So funny that you mention that Lorax, as I am about to show you in the pics ;) I also took some Barry shots, Noze, soe 'Ere We Go!

I made the gun much more worky, and took it from a Battle Cannon to a Kustom Mega Blaster type of weapon. I still haven't been able to attach the torso and legs, no collet for my dremel and the batteries in my drill are dead! Speaking of dead batteries, same thing goes for my camera. Sorry for the blurry shots. I will be back with more updates soon!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks guys, back to work! :whip
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Wow :love. These pictures really show off how zoggin uge that kannon is! I used to play an RPG called Rifts. It is a cool game, but there is a unit in the game that has this uge cannon. It basically is a rail gun, but in order for it to fire, it has to have some stabalization. This unit has to drill into the ground to hold itself still. It would be interesting if you could come up with some "Orky" stabilization. Like perhaps a bunch of grots holding him from the recoil, or maybe an arm that hits the ground (like a backhoe). Nice work on the shoulder pad! :cheers Lorax
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
So here is an update: I got him pinned and put together at the waist. I also went ahead and put a magnet in his base (circled in green) as well as in one of his feet. I think I am going to try and add one to the rhino door as well, because he slips around a bit and it's tricky getting him to stay on. This is such a fun project, I can't believe I am getting this done so fast. I am pretty confident that the painting will go fast as well.

As far as the build goes, I still have to build a soopa crazy powah supply. But I think I have just the bits to do it, and can hopefully get it done tonite. I will wind up priming him tomorrow, and maybe getting to paint tomorrow night. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow. Wish me luck, and thanks for checking this out!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
Ok! So this is it, tomorrow it goes to the paintshed. If anyone catches anything or has a last minute suggestion, let me know! I will be reading this tomorrow before I start painting.

I detailed the shoes, built the soopa powah supply, and added a bosspole...because I like it. I hope you guys do to. Here are the pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As much as I want to put more rivets on the battlewagon right now, I need to get a lil nap in. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
So on recommendation, I added a bit to the gun arm as it seemed a bit weedy. I added another hydraulic piston in. It needs another touch up on the priming anyway.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

So, let me know what ya think, lads. I will be priming again right now. I have a family party, so I will come back and check later. If you have any recommendations or notice anything amiss, let me know and I will address it. Other than that, Let the painting begin!!!
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Rakka Dakka

Rakka Dakka

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 768 posts
  • Army Name:'ard toofs
Im glad you put an extra piston on his gun arm but I still think it needs some more support, another piston or two would make it look like it could actually handle the recoil from his uge gun.
theres no greater thing than the WAAAAGGHH!

Mukrut rocks the Avatar world

bad buddha

bad buddha

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:big mek Ork-skar and his inglorius bastards!
this one is rely ded kool! now get paintin :whip
Dra skinnet bakåt...
a cheap hobby is not a real hobby!