Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Twang!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Manik

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,260 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
Could a shooty Ork warband work? I've randomly got a box of Ruglud's armoured orks and I think they might be quite good as Mordheim models due to the hoods and stuff. Plus the heros can take shooting skills. List so far: Boss - Crossbow, sword. 2 Big 'Uns - Crossbow. 5 Ork Boys - Crossbow. 495.

Kiwi Ork

Kiwi Ork

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 217 posts
  • Army Name:Strogg's Loota Boyz
I think it would be a challenge to play. Giving everyone crossbows restricts their movement. Also, equipping orcs with high-points gear eliminates their traditional advantage - numbers. I don't think you can go wrong with hiring as many boyz as possible and some bow-equipped gobbos. Having said that, if you like the idea of orcs with crossbows then go for it.

Kaptain Von

Kaptain Von

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 140 posts
  • Army Name:Marshal Grimskul's Black Kroosaders
Crossbows on your Heroes aren't a bad idea at all. You want your Heroes to be dropping enemies early on (more experience) and you don't want them gettin' clobbered (more exploration post-game). Crossbows allow them to drop targets from very far away and to stand a bit further back. Bargain. Crossbows on your Henchmen are a bit too expensive for models that you're not necessarily worried about losing. They use up good gold that could be spent on either more, mobile Henchmen or another Hero. Incidentally, you'll need as many Heroes as you can afford. I try not to start a Warband without five unless I'm playing Possessed, whose Heroes are all stupid-expensive. I'd swap the crossbow Henchmen out for bow-armed equivalent and whatever the Orcs' 0-experience-to-start-Hero is - for now. If you want to upgrade 'em later on when you've hit your warband's maximum size and have teef to burn, go for it. There's nothing wrong with them in the end, they're just not the best for a starting warband.

Skip

Skip

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 21 posts
I think, to some extend, shooty orcs are fine! Get your heroes and give them x-bows. Get 15 boyz, let 2 become heroes and divide the rest in three groups. 2 CC groups and 1 group with bows. This brings the advantage that your heroes stay more in the 2nd row and rarely get shot or killed in combat. Nothing is bad as dead heroes..

Kiwi Ork

Kiwi Ork

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 217 posts
  • Army Name:Strogg's Loota Boyz
I did something like this with my witch hunters. The heroes carried x-bows so they got a few kills while the henchmen did the close-up killing. It worked pretty well. Ork boyz should be good enough for hth - their T4 gives them a big edge over most opponents.

Mad Trukka

Mad Trukka

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 313 posts
  • Army Name:Plague of Dol Amroth (LOTR) 'ArdAkkaz ( Fantasy,40k)
Id say go for it. i played an entire warband like this out once but i dont remember the result.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and
paste this into your signature. GENERATION 5 The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Why a Big Boss is better than Chuck Norris!:

Chuck Norris recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull. Big Boss sells his urine also, as weapons grade plutonium.
Chuck Norris once shot down a German plane by pointing with his finger and saying "Bang". Big Boss knocked the MIR space station out of orbit by glaring at it
Godzilla is a Japanese rendition of Big Boss' first visit to Tokyo.

choppastorm

choppastorm

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts
  • Army Name:good question
I'd give the boyz bows so you will have more boyz
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

reglo

reglo

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 52 posts

I'd give the boyz bows so you will have more boyz

if you still wanna shoot... i suggest to go in PVP let the gobbos shoot among the squigs and then use a 2x weapons orcs. you can buy a bow at the boss with AB4, so you can move... also a shaman will be great. i am playing in a campaign now and my orcs still smasha, the shaman have the magic that will give all the O&G strike first in 4ui so with dagger+axe will be a nice combo too.
try your list first! but i think the orc wave will be better! heroes in PVP will hunt down opponents faster and you can get more exp!!

The Gremlins are coming... So i will accept commissions untill they'll destroy everything!