Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ork Town Kompetition - Part II

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Ork Town Part II is now open for new tenants. Build and paint some proppa looking orky scenery and have the chance of winning a Ruzzbot.

The thread from the last kontest is here. The first post contains links to all 14 current tenants, plus a whole list of suggestions for orky buildings. Feel free to chose a building not on the list, or one that's already been done. Who says Ork Town can't have more than one spore field or brewery? ;)

Da Roolz
- Each entrant to build a named ork building (e.g. Gaf-Naz's Grill).
- No maximum base dimensions, but please bare in mind playability and the overall look of Ork Town.
- Multiple entries and dioramas allowed & encouraged.
- Threads to be opened in the Mek's Garage once construction is complete, any time after August 1st and before November 9th (extended deadline).
- Threads to have 'Ork Town Komp' in the thread title.
- WIP photos and turorials encouraged.
- PIP photos encouraged and can be posted during painting so that you can get some encouragement to finish.
- Final painted photos to be posted in the same thread and the thread title amended with 'Komplete'.
- Closing date for final painted photos in thread: December 1st.
- Winner to be announced: December 8th (ish).

Da Judgin Kriteria
Construction (30%)
Overall design. Use of bitz/materials. Quality of construction. Level of detailing.
NB: I will mark your builds on the state they were at when you open your thread. You can add/amend things after that but they will not affect your score.

Painting (30%)
Quality of paintjob. Choice of paint scheme.
NB: I will mark your paintjobs on the state they were at when you amend you thread title to "Komplete". You can add/amend things after that but they will not affect your score.

Thread (30%)
Quality of overall presentation. Quality of photographs - clarity and quantity. Explanation of build process. Explanation of painting process.

Bonus Points (10%)
Originality. Accompanying fluff. 'Orkiness' - judge's discretionary bonus.

Da Prize
The winner will receive a Gaf-Naz kustom built Ruzzbot - check out this thread in the Mek's Garage for details. Kustomised glyphs to suit the winner's army will be added once the kontest is finished.

Apart from the main prize, all entrants who finish on time will be featured on the Ork Town map and in the Ork Town story.

Kompleted Entries - Built & Painted Stage
1st - Mad Grot Docsnik - Mad Grotz Messenga Service
2nd - Lorax of the Bleeding Grin - Checkz and Daggz Taxi Service
3rd - hakbash - Choppaporium
4th - Grubsnikk - Da Waaagh Room - Feeld Mars'ull Grubsnikk's 'E.K. ('ead-kwarta)
5th - Utan - Da Ork Town Slums
6th - MasterOwen - Gazza'z Fighting Pit
6th - praetorian13 - Sprew Mek's Waaagh! Towah

Kompleted Entries - Built Stage
sp3c - Trukk Stop
Leus - Ammo Shop
Keg - Big Mek Krank'z Lootaz Paridize

So if you're interested in moving to the most proppa orky settlement this side of the Scarus Sector, or have any questions/suggestions, feel free to post in this thread.

:cheers

Edited by Gaf-Naz, 08 December 2008 - 02:32 PM.

Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
  • Army Name:88th Mekanized Krumpany / Deathskullz
Sounds fun. I'm in! ;)
QUOTE (Nikbash @ Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"If yer aint green, blue wearin, loot luvin, lucky, back talkin, PK stealin, choppa thievin, kustom job usin, mo dakka shootin, tatoo covered, MORK luvin, scrap collectin, skumgrod scavagin, nickin lootz den yer aint proppa."

Masta Loota: No one ever said you had to loot from your enemies!

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
.....and I still have my unfinished piece from last year.....
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

morded

morded

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 74 posts
  • Army Name:Mordeth's misfitz
lets see if i can get an entry together this time. im in... again.
one part cunning, one part wise and many, many parts demented

da nazda system as started by Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee (game now sadly dead and buried.)
Nazda ooc thread (for those intrested in the OOC side of things and for a bit more insight into what went on during the game.)
Loki space station side game from nazda also run by me.

da lurker is back

skragbane

skragbane

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
  • Army Name:Da yellow Daggaz
finally got my computer to start posting pictures! I'm in for sure this time!
GENERATION 1: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

Da Yellow Daggaz. Smashin' your boyz since 2006

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,476 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Count on the presence of the insidious grot rebels...
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Utan

Utan

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 655 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Grin
Ooo... Mad Grot, what about a series of secret entrances to the UnderGrot Railroad? Hmmm... If yer chekkin interest, consider me interested!
Dis iz da Waaagh! ooniverse.

DAKKABU

DAKKABU

Wreckage loota

• Deathskullz
  • 440 posts
  • Army Name:88th Mekanized Krumpany / Deathskullz
Gaf-Naz, Perusing the link of the original topic, I would definitely want to do an Air Traffik Kontrol tower, seeing as how I use to actually work in one with the 101st. :thumbs It would be a great opportunity to remake the ATC tower I had to work in Iraq for a year, which reminded me alot of Orky Orkitekture.
QUOTE (Nikbash @ Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"If yer aint green, blue wearin, loot luvin, lucky, back talkin, PK stealin, choppa thievin, kustom job usin, mo dakka shootin, tatoo covered, MORK luvin, scrap collectin, skumgrod scavagin, nickin lootz den yer aint proppa."

Masta Loota: No one ever said you had to loot from your enemies!

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Damn... I would have entered my Guard Tower. But then again its prolly too FBish for this anywayz. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with all the same. ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Sorry I missed out on da first one ya zogger. But count on ole Hakbash to cobble together a proppa Goff bulding entry this time around. I really need to make some Orky scenery so this is a good excuse to get me motivated. Think I'll do a Choppa-porium AKA Ork armory....just have to hack and bash around a few ideas. :choppa WAAAGH! da Ork town compz
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Gorzag Gofasta

Gorzag Gofasta

telescoping arm

• Evil Sunz
  • 485 posts
Would it be weedy to enter stuff I have already started or completed? I assume it would so I may as well use this comp to build a brand new DAW-style power plant... but eventually I'll get shots of the whole ork town in its glory.
"You ladz is too slow for proppa krumpin."

(Avatar by Krooza)

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Usually the rulez of any Waaagh kontest require you to build a new piece. Otherwize you have unfair build-time advantage.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,134 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
Hmmm... I may be interested in doing this again. I will enter this if I can manage to think of something interesting before the start date. What to build? what to build... :?
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
Hmm... I may be up for this... with... I'm not quite sure yet... but there will be german orks... Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Glad to see there's plenty of interest in adding to the Ork Town metropolis. :thumbs I'll add a list of potential tenants to the first post along with planned buildings. Feel free to change your plans as many times as you want up until the komp start date - nothing's set in stone yet. Gorzag - all entries must be a new build, as Kr00zA stated, it'd be unfair on the other entrants otherwise. It's a good incentive to build more orky scenery though, which you can never have enough of. Kr00zA - I'm sure a deff-rolla factory would be very profitable in Ork Town. ;) Some stone efigies or totem poles would also look good flanking the main entrance. Would be cool to have you onboard. Bob - maybe Rotgut should break out into the snacks business, or open a bar to sell his brew? Keep spreading the word that Ork Town is expanding - I hope to have more than 14 entrants finish this time round. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Gorzag Gofasta

Gorzag Gofasta

telescoping arm

• Evil Sunz
  • 485 posts
While I will be building a powerplant sometime for sure, the more I think about it I love the idea of a fungus beer hall / rib shakk with an ork chef outside barbequeing... would it be in poor taste to put some charred human remains on the grill? I just got more zombie sprues so I have plenty of parts. Would you guys be more grossed out or share in my blackened sense of humor?
"You ladz is too slow for proppa krumpin."

(Avatar by Krooza)

skragbane

skragbane

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
  • Army Name:Da yellow Daggaz
Mind if I do a kan pen?
GENERATION 1: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment.

Da Yellow Daggaz. Smashin' your boyz since 2006

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,091 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

Think I'll do a Choppa-porium AKA Ork armory....just have to hack and bash around a few ideas. :choppa

WAAAGH! da Ork town compz

Art imitating life, eh? :? ;)
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,202 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
I think I will sit this one out as I have no interest in being a flying hood ornament again like last time. :lol Actually I may do a building, if I get the time, but it would be to finish the one from the last contest that I never got to build. I hate saying I'll do something then not doing it but I don't want to enter the compition just in case life gets in the way again. Hopefully a lot of people will join this fun little adventure.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Izzinatah

Izzinatah

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 36 posts
I'm interested. Kaptain warbass will have a new.. erm, something! I need more thinkinz, and gubbinz :)