Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaagh! Uk meet, 7th-8th March 2009

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

pete1000

pete1000

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh Gobwalsh
Hi Grishgrub, I have posted a message on the 1st Vets forum and will be in touch when I know the response. Pete

Valandras

Valandras

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 235 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Goldgobs Gitsquishas
Just had an idea! Why don't we all post pictures of the forces we intend to take to the meet; works as advertising, plus it keeps the enthusiasm going all the way to the set date!
Stomp! Stomp!!! STOMP!!!

"Never try to run away from a tyranid. They will catch you and eat you. Then again, you could always climb a tree. Then you'll get a nice view before the knock the tree down and eat you."

QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Apr 16 2008, 08:36 PM)
Any time, any place, any Waaagh

phattonythedon

phattonythedon

'Ard Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 836 posts
  • Army Name:Kap'un RedDread's Freebootaz
or post army lists so we can see how many points we are working with and where our strengths and weaknesses will be. (e.g. if we all took dakka and not enough choppa, savvi?)

be the change you want to see in the world

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,377 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
I will have about 1.5-2k of Salamnaders by that point. Though I will be using my orks personally and I'm not sure if I have enough space for my beakies.

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
If you're lucky, I might have however many points of Beakies come in the Black Reach box painted up. Orks are priority though.

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks

I will have about 1.5-2k of Salamnaders by that point. Though I will be using my orks personally and I'm not sure if I have enough space for my beakies.

Well I've got an apocalypse size force of salamanders, but it seems silly for us not to be able to show off in person the models we share on this forum :yes

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
Rightyo lads, here's a list of those I'm expecting to attend. It's a good start, let me know if your name should be here but isn't; Grishgrub Da Grimpond Keg Keg's mate Valandras phattonythedon Dribble Joy Penelope the Wonder Pony eddie the troll VonBrookhofen Dim_Reapa Also, I think it'd be good to get some linked threads for anything relating to the meet. As has been suggested, showing pics of the waaagh you'll be bringing will be good, as will threads for any models you guys're working extra hard on for the competitions. Don't forget, there is a prize!

pete1000

pete1000

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh Gobwalsh
Hi Grishgrub etc, I will be there. Will arrange for Orkyanapolis 40,000 -Da Race to be availlable for Sunday if you want to do that. Andy from 1st Vets will be developing a points based system for you to build your own battlewagon and will post it on either this website or 1st Company Veterans later this year. Will let you know. The main limit will be the width and length of the model due to the size of the playing area and start line width. At this stage I think the vehicles will have to be limited to a width of 4.5inches and a length of 6 to 9 inches. Come and see Orkyanapolis at Games Day UK. Several of the 1st Co Veterans have volunteered to come down on the Sunday and give you lot a good kicking, will let you know how many and how many points are availlable nearer the event. At present Orkyanapolis has taken over my life and if it wasn't for all the help from Ed the Troll, Andy and Studge at 1st Co I think I would have regressed to a snot. ( no change there then). Believe it or not Gobbo at 1st Co has given me his Ork army! So now I have a real dilemna. Do I come to the Waaagh event with my Angels of Vengeance to purge Warhammer World of you Ork Scum or do I succumb to the cry of WAAAGH and side with you lot against the humies! Not sure I can stand the strain. This split personality thing is too complex. Burble burble burble. I want my straight jacket now!!! Pete

Grignak

Grignak

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Grignak
Hi Guys, I posted on the last meet up thread, so i'd like to sign up to this one aswell? I have about 10,000pts including 4 stompas at the moment, but that will be increasing when Black Reach comes along :)

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
Pete Nice to hear there's interest! I think battlewagon racing on sunday would be fantastic, as it went down really well last time (and was generally awesome to boot). I'd like to keep the big game on saturday though, as the place is open later and such a large game takes a lot of time (did we even get a fourth turn last time?). Any chance of your vets coming down on saturday to have their armies flattened by the might of Waaagh! uk?

Valandras

Valandras

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 235 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Goldgobs Gitsquishas
Nope, 3 turns was all it took :P Though I was interested in what wacky, grot-based tactics Dim could throw at me after turn 3.......
Stomp! Stomp!!! STOMP!!!

"Never try to run away from a tyranid. They will catch you and eat you. Then again, you could always climb a tree. Then you'll get a nice view before the knock the tree down and eat you."

QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Apr 16 2008, 08:36 PM)
Any time, any place, any Waaagh

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,827 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Nope, 3 turns was all it took :P
Though I was interested in what wacky, grot-based tactics Dim could throw at me after turn 3.......

So you don't remember my Warboss and Retinue in their metal Ork Suits standing not too far away from your stompa with a mixture of glances at their sentinel mounted PKs and the stompas' new ass they were about to create? :thumbs

It was good fun valandras, we need a rematch so i can kill the spawny thing this time!

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
i feel a little weedy with my possible 4k XD

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,377 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
I can manage 6.5k.

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Tankchewa
Well, I'll start saving up for the trip over there thats for sure, maybe even make it a mini-vacation to get the most out of my money!
I like to loot it loot it

The rulebook also doesn't say anything about beating people like this with their own army case. So, technically...

Nozeminer - In the "best cheat ever" thread.

Krysath

Krysath

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 456 posts
I'm interested in coming (I know I always say that, sorry), just a couple of quick questions about the games... How forgiving modelwise are we going to be? I ask as my current apoc list is imperial in origin with orks in it (Radical Xenos Inquisitor) is having things that aren't covered in Glyphs going to be a problem, or things that don't use the ORk statline? Likewise as I'm still working on my various apoc peices, is things not quite being finished or painted going to be a problem? My second set of questions is about the rules themselves, will we be applying 5th ed rules to the letter? (Eg two lines of orks very close together, one gives the other a 4+ cover save from a plasma blastgun?) Will we be allowing beardy combinations or datasheets, even if well converted (flank march, Da Big Waaagh and Ghazzie or flankmarching Klawstompaz or most of the Tyranid formations)? I'd like to come, but the answers to these questions will dictate how much work I'll have to do to make it :biggrin
View some of my Waaagh here...

I Must learn to stop arguing with idiots, they drag me down to their level and kill my brain with experience... Seriously... I can feel it dribbling out of my ears....

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
as i have never seen or played 5th ed, ied say 4th ed would be better

phattonythedon

phattonythedon

'Ard Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 836 posts
  • Army Name:Kap'un RedDread's Freebootaz
i hope you all come to gamesday, i've started a topic so put your name down!!
http://www.the-waaag...mp;#entry465508

be the change you want to see in the world

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts

i feel a little weedy with my possible 4k XD

4k's not weedy, it's the amount I took to the last one and I was the only ork on my team to claim any objectives! (2 in fact)

I'm interested in coming (I know I always say that, sorry), just a couple of quick questions about the games...

How forgiving modelwise are we going to be? I ask as my current apoc list is imperial in origin with orks in it (Radical Xenos Inquisitor) is having things that aren't covered in Glyphs going to be a problem, or things that don't use the ORk statline? Likewise as I'm still working on my various apoc peices, is things not quite being finished or painted going to be a problem?

My second set of questions is about the rules themselves, will we be applying 5th ed rules to the letter? (Eg two lines of orks very close together, one gives the other a 4+ cover save from a plasma blastgun?) Will we be allowing beardy combinations or datasheets, even if well converted (flank march, Da Big Waaagh and Ghazzie or flankmarching Klawstompaz or most of the Tyranid formations)?

I'd like to come, but the answers to these questions will dictate how much work I'll have to do to make it :biggrin

Your orks may be weedy enough to ally with umies, but mine aren't :P If you want pinkies on the board they'll be fighting with Pete's Veterans - I've got an apocalypse force of salamanders, but this meet's about the waaagh! so I'd rather see your orks on the table. While we're on the subject of models I'd like to remind you lot that you need your models all painted up for the apocalypse game. Any games you play on the sunday can use whatever you fancy (we saw one game with an army of Star Wars AT-ATs marching across the table in the gaming hall :?), but nothing ruins a gloriously sized game like one big unpainted model sticking out like a sore thumb. Plenty of members will have more orks than they need and can lend you stuff, having everything painted really made the last event's game something special :yes

We will be using 5th edition rules, and "beardy" combos and datasheets will be allowed. The game's absolutely vast - DJ's 1500pt monstrosity didn't win him any objectives, nor did a flank march swing the game at all. Beardy combos will most likely get swallowed by the game and count for nothing - and if anyone's playing like a jerk then they have to shame themselves infront of fellow Waaagh!ers. The last game seemed to go very cordially, and if you just play the game with fun intended then you'll be a winner whatever happens.

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
5th ed will make things confusing, tho i shall try get ahold of the book