Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaagh! Uk meet, 7th-8th March 2009

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
Hello all

With the last Waaagh! Uk thread in the murky depths of the arena (you can find it here), and this thread so long it's hard to find answers in the forest of posts, I've decided to make a general information post about just what this event is.

Just what is Waaagh! Uk?

Waaagh! uk is an opportunity for members of the Waaagh forum from Britain to meet up in Warhammer World for two days of orkiness. Looking at pictures of models and reading people's tactics is all very well and good, but it doesn't quite compare to meeting them in the flesh and seeing their models firsthand.

When and where?

This year's event will be on the 7th and 8th of March 2009. The event takes place in Nottingham at; Warhammer World, Willow Road, Lenton, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2WS. Directions to getting there can be found on Games Workshop's website, using the store locator, and Warhammer World's new website can be found here. We all meet in the main hall sometime before 10am on saturday, and go from there.

What goes on?

The main event of the meets thusfar has been the mega battle, which takes place on the first day of the meet (saturday) due to WHW being open for longer. The battle has a "finished models only" policy, because big games are so much more awesome when everything's painted! This year we should have the 1st Company Veterans bringing a force to oppose the might of the waaagh, which means the orks will have someone to stomp for once! Keeping this in mind there may also be a restriction on how many points each player can use in the game, depending on how many people come and how many points there are on either side. I'll post more information about this closer to the time.

The second day is much more relaxed - mega battles are awesome, but they can be quite tiring! We'll be privelidged to have the best gaming club contribution from Games Day 2008 with us on sunday, the 1st Company Veterans' Orkyanopolis battlewagon racing game! I imagine they'll be in demand all day, but since they can only take 6 racers at a time it's a great opportunity to chat to the other members, get a close look at that model you've always loved, play normal sized games against scumgrods and the like.

Around lunchtime will be the much coveted Golden Grot painting competition and Styrene Spanna conversion competition! Last year's winners were Dribble Joy's warboss and Grishgrub's Mek Tank, so get to work to beat them! Winner is decided by vote; everyone present gets a vote, and ties are decided by an impartial passer by who probably has no idea what's going on.

Who's organising?
That would be me. Pete1000 is very kindly arranging some weedy opponents for our mega battle on saturday, and the orkyanopolis on sunday, but I'm the one organising the meet. If you've questions then it'd be great if you'd post them in the thread so others can add input, but feel free to ignore statements about the meet made by anyone but me :P

Where can I stay?

Nottingham's a big city with plenty of accomodation; personally I can recommend the Castle Marina Premier Inn, which isn't too far from Warhammer World and is nice and comfy. Anyone with details of other accomodation, get in touch.

How much does it cost?

Nothing! That is; the event itself is completely free, although you will need to buy yourself food and pay for some accomodation over the weekend. You can also get forgeworld stuff from the warhammer world store, so if you're after that kind of thing then don't forget the money for it.

So what do I bring?

Yourself, your models, food/money for it and, if possible, a namebadge. You're welcome to bring as much of your miniature collection as you'd like; you can only use painted stuff on the saturday and there may be a points limit, but you can do what you like with miniatures on sunday. Last time I checked you're allowed to use any models - in any state of assembley and from any company's range - as long as you're playing a game with GW rules. Speaking of which; rules, codex, dice, tape measure and templates would be handy.

As far as namebadges go, I myself am terrible at remembering names and I know some others are the same. If I meet a dozen new people in a day I'm not going to remember who's who and, since I've only encountered most of you on a forum, I don't know what you look like. Namebadges are pretty easy to knock together and, if anyone makes a particularly nice one, I might reward them with a prize. Here's mine, and I recommend most follow a similar format; forum name, real name and your forum avatar. Posted Image

I'm a minor, can I come?

Please get in touch with me via PM if you're under 16 and wish to attend the event.

Something else?

Have I missed something? Have you asked a question in the thread and I've not noticed? For any further information about the event, send a PM to waaagh! member "Grishgrub", and I'll sort you out as soon as I can.

Here's the list of expected attendees;

Grishgrub
Keg
Valandras
Dribble Joy
eddie the troll
Dim_Reapa
Nexus
Gaf-Naz
Greebynog
da choppa
Da Kurnul
needskonstruction
Blake
Skaven Dave
stompa
cookie
Big Mek Teefordz
'Boss floata
Redtoof

Grignak
phattonythedon
Penelope the Wonder Pony
waaanial00
orrik
Luku
Gitsnik_Arse_kika
VonBrookhofen
mad mcgobbo
Da Grimpond

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
As far as I can tell so far, I can go to both of them (and would like to), but I'll have to check with my mum tonight (she's the only one who knows what's going on in our family :lol ). But put me down provisionally.

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz
I could go to both of them I think- my family doesn't plan anything unless it is a few weeks away. I am in- but I am a bit picky with the march date with it being like two days away from my Birthday... This does mean I am going to have to take advantage over you all ;) But I'm in. Keg

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,391 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
As you know I'd do my best to go to any/all of them. But I don't even know where in the country I'll be living at the moment, so I can't say anything for sure.

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Both, Redtoof, lay off the squigerettas
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

VonBrookhofen

VonBrookhofen

Slugga Boy

• Gurlz
  • 374 posts
  • Army Name:Gorzag's Land Sharkz
I should almost definately be able to do the first. As to the second, I don't know yet - I don't know where in the country I'll be then or where I'll be living.

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
I am a little disapointed about the meet being cancelled this year, but it gives me more time to mass more of a force i guess

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,827 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
If Grish could have got this booked, he would have - the last one was organised extremely well - so there's obviously a big problem with bookings. I'm always down - those dates wont interfere with my studies.

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
Oh i understand that totally just well i wanted to kick butt september lol

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
Alright lads, here's the deal. With so many people unsure about the later date (this includes myself, I finish university in June 09) I've cancelled it. There will be a waaagh! uk meet on 7th-8th March 2009 at Warhammer World, Lenton, Nottingham.

The next step, as always, is deciding on what to do. I propose a similar plan as last time; a huge game of apocalypse on saturday and smaller games on sunday as well as the painting and converting competition. I can't enter the kommand tank again this year since it's won a painting and converting trophy, so I'll just have to enter something even better. Best up your game lads if any of you want to out paint Dribble Joy or out convert me :P

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,377 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
And bear in mind I will be bringing a new, much better painted model ;).

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
I'm in, and if my smooth persuasion towards the judge didn't work last time, I have a great feeling it will work a the next time, when I whoop all your asses ;) That's great Grish, I really look forward to it. I hope to see everyone there! Keg

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Since I haven't even started at my uni yet I can't say for sure, but I'm probably going to make it. :thumbs

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 643 posts
  • Army Name:Blazin' Skullz/WAAAGH! Grizlag
I'll try to fly over there as well, shouldn't be too expensive knowing that it's cheaper for me to fly to England than traveling within my own country.
QUOTE (Shinobi_8745 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Secondly, it's Snikrot, he can sneak with squeeky penguin slippers if he want to.

QUOTE (DeathCat147 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn right he is, he's so damn sneaky he can get across a minfield covered in bubble wrap while wearing his squeeky penguin slippers and neon green poncho, and still nobody will notice him

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts

I'll try to fly over there as well, shouldn't be too expensive knowing that it's cheaper for me to fly to England than traveling within my own country.

INVASION!
Nah, it would be great to see you there. I do hope you make it, the more the merrier as they say :thumbs
:cheers
Keg

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
woop so in! bday 20th so this will be my treat!

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts

bday 20th so this will be my treat!

My sporeday is the 10th ^_^
Keg

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,827 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
I'm in as always.

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
9 months to go, so little time, so much to build
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
lol rockon march!