Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Sekrit Santa Battlewagon

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
As some of you know, we have a Sekrit Santa event twice a year. I received mine yesterday, and I just wanted to share it with you all, cuz it's damn proppa! It was built by Lorax, and I am hoping he adds some work in progress shots to this thread. Not only to see the build in action, but also so I can put it back together proppa ;)

I am a super happy Ork, and this has stoked the fires even more to get my own giftees present done. The build is 90% done, but I have decided to paint it as well. Speaking of which, I can't wait to get this into the paint shed!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks again Lorax!!!
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz
That is quite the present! You certainly got a stocking full didn't you? Well done Lorax- great build! :thumbs And thanks for showing Ug Thok, it looks marvelous! Keg

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Definitely a proppa present. Nice work Lorax. :thumbs One question - is it me, or is there not a single rivet on it? Did Lorax send you a bag of loose rivets? If so, he's an evil genius. ;)
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Evil genius, indeed, not a rivet in sight. Nice one, Lorax. This thing definitely has the Lorax ramshackle to it. Quite the gift! :thumbs
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
I noticed he had saved the rivets for me ;). No problem, as I am quite the Oddboy...I like to do the rivets. The top is removable, so I am thinking I am going to make a few different weapons platforms for it ie Kannon, Zapp Gun, maybe a missile battery! I also am going to add on some more big shootaz, and then off to the paint shed!
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Hey. First I am so happy that you like it. It is so hard to know if my "style" is cool with other people, usually I just make what I think looks good, so I am very happy to hear that it is a hit. AND YES I did leave all of the riveting. I think I was a little excited to get it out to you, so I "forgot" to do that part. Sounds like it is no big deal as you like to rivet anyways ;). I hope it reflects your style as you described as a cross between "cult of speed and badmoon". I did not do enough badmoon glyphs, but figured you could probably wip some up and rip mine off if you did not like it. This was my first attempt at a nearly all non kit bits. It is mostly p-card, water lids as well as some orange juice tops. I have a whole blog to the building process, if anyone is interested, but I did not want to post it until my santa got the gift. LORAX BLOG. That is the process (I am bad at documenting, so there are missing steps), but I thought I could share. Also here are some pictures before it left, so that you can tinker with what may have become detached.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I made the top removable, so that boyz could be loaded in and out. I am not good enough to have made an interior though...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That is pretty much it. Can not wait to see some paint on it!
Cheers
Lorax

As usual...hopefully some paint will make it easier to visualize.
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
*Uses Big Mek Noodat's Mega Dustbusta*

Right! As threatened, I have repaired and riveted. But did he stop there? NO! I made some minor modifications, as there was a bit of breakage. Here are the pics, this guy is going into da paintshed tomorrow.

Here I wanted to add something, but it had to have Lorax's style. So, I added a tank hatch, hoping it would look like a porthole. I also added some exhausts, because what is Orkier than having your fuel and combustion in the same place? Fun!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I just added a few bits here and there. Tomorrow will see primer and hopefully a start of some yellow!
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
  • Army Name:Wakka & Takka's Dakka
Gaaah! <3 One of the nicest skratch-builds I've ever seen.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play
i'm waiting to see this basecoated. i think it will show all his potential glory better then.... :) nice use of leftover baneblade bits. maybe balance the rear by adding one more but very big exhaust in the near of the one made of a red/pink straw?
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
Nice work Ug! The addition of the rivets and peices you selected makes her look even better then when she left my Meks garage! The exhaust and porthole are also perfect for the spots that you chose them! What is the peice on the front that looks like a turret topper? I have to find some of those because it looks great! Well excited to seeing this thing in paint. As an aside - I am sure you know that I use ALL sorts of junk when I build. I have noticed that sometimes the straws do not hold paint all that well depending on what sort of plastic they are. So be somewhat careful in that area as the paint will tend to scratch off a little easier. Nice work! Waaagh to the secret santa projects!
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
I don't have the typical bits box....I call it my bits basement, because that is what it looks like ;). I think that hatch is from the beakies Vehicle Sprue. If you are referring to the right hatch (if you are facing the front) that is some bit I found and part of a beakie Bike exhaust I cut up ;) I think I have just the thing to balance it out, DocNuk. I have a box full of Baneblade bits, which is nice for this project and ones I will be completing/starting in the future. I still need to create that all battlewagon list.... Paint will start tonite, buckos! Thanks for your comments and for stopping by.
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
Painting started! I primered it with rustoleum. I then did a few quick, sloppy coats of watered down Iyanden Darksun. It then sat for a few more days, so I could look at it and see where I wanted to go with it. Well, no inspiration came to me...so I just started painting tonite ;). 3 hours of painting, and this is my base coat and ideas. I know it is very sloppy, and I have done no highlighting. Well, this is all I threatened this month ;). I will be hitting it with probably 5 more layers of highlight per color on the average. So, while it may be tabletop, I am far from done.

I played with this in a campaign this past weekend. I named it Da DurDregga, which means 'Fortress Smasher' afterwards. In the third battle, our objective was to take over an Imperial stronghold. Each wall had 2 structure points, and you could only take away structure points with a penetrating hit. I parked Da DurDregga right outside the front wall, and my trukk full of MANZ with Toegnasher at their front door. By turn one, there was no more front wall ;). I tankshocked the front wall, and rolled 6 on a d6 with 4 pens! I then took out a tower the same way. On the third wall I tried to smash (which the 'umie player had thoughtfully lined up for me like a bowling lane) I rolled d6 hits again! No pens though. It was alot of fun just to drive it around and run stuff over, especially as it had been knocked out first turn in the previous games ;)

Without further ado, pictures!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
Wow it looks so good with just that first couple of coats of paint. Like you, I have been in a painting mode, and it has been really nice to be able to get some white off of my shelves and replace it with some color. Nice proppa color, and that rustoleum has done wonders for the tail section. Engine/pipes/boiler look nice and dirty. Really looking forward to what you do with her. Sounds like is innagural run was a success. WAAAGH da DurDregga! Lorax