Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deuch's mek Threat

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Deucheron

Deucheron

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts
  • Army Name:We Go Fast
So I'm a first time army builder (these are my first boys ever!), and I'm having some fun. I want ma' boys to all have unique dynamic poses. So I've started making my 'ard Boys. What makes em ard are shoulderpads, helmets and a firey temperment. Sorry for not having closeups of all of em, my camera started going wonky.

7/11 ard boys Built
Posted Image
Posted Image

this one's probably my favorite (besides jumpy) but this pic doesnt show off his pose too well, look at the first one to get a better idea of his pose =)
Posted Image

Jumpy!!! He'll look great when he's jumping out the back of da trukk! (my army's speed based btw) (army list if ya's curious)
Posted Image
Posted Image

a little bit of greenstuff makes for some good shooty stuff (he's got shells coming out the other side of the gun)
Posted Image

Runnin's good exercise
Posted Image

So I'm learning the basics, but i haven't really gotten around to doing any sculpting with the GS. Gonna have to wait till i get all the bits together for my Wazdakka before i do any serious GS sculpting (and my gutsmek will have tons of awesome details to boot).
less post more hobby

Frakzug

Frakzug

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Undecided
Looking good. :thumbs If I may offer an idea, you could put some kind of obstacle on the base of jumpy boy. Something like a big rock or a piece of fence. Or a dead guy. Make him look like he's jumping over it. :D

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
Looking good! You aimed for nice dynamic poses and nailed it. I really, really like the one with the gob running up front (solo in the last picture) and totally plan on looting it.
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
I agree with Ug, the lead dude is the best. :thumbs But all of them are posed spot on. Kudos on that, it ain't easy. :cheers
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Deucheron

Deucheron

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts

Looking good. :thumbs

If I may offer an idea, you could put some kind of obstacle on the base of jumpy boy. Something like a big rock or a piece of fence. Or a dead guy. Make him look like he's jumping over it. :D

Ya i definatly considered that. but I'm going to hold off on putting anything down there till my collection of bits grows. Oh and ya, I'm totally open to any advice or comments so feel free to leave any feedback.

But here's the newest addition to da Ard Boy Squad!
11/11 Built yay!

Posted Image

Ran out of shoulder pads so I had to greenstuff meself some...Getting hard edges on that stuff is a pain in the arse

check out them tiny sparks from draggin the axe!
Posted Image

greenstuff is fun
Posted Image
i apologize for the crappy pictures, these guys are much cooler in person
Posted Image

Here's my ard Boy Nob. He hates barrels! I would love to have a beakie impaled on the jagged debris below, but I gots no beakie bits. (plus i'm too tired to GS an entire figure)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image <is gonna get rid of the mold line, no worries
Posted Image

Hope you all enjoy my builds as much as i do making them. I can't wait to make more and they're only going to get cooler from here. Next on the list is a trukk while I wait for all the bits for my Wazdakka to come. :cheers
less post more hobby

HVNSNTSOLDIER

HVNSNTSOLDIER

Slugga Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 349 posts
  • Army Name:Grimmek's Gear'eadz
WOW these are apsolutely amazing! But wouldn'yt it be hard for a nob with tank armor on have trouble polevaulting over spikes and barels? lol! :lol
The only reason flamethrowers exist is due to the fact that one day, someone asked themself "Hey, I want to see those people over there on fire, but I'm not close enough to get the job done."

They say the pen is mightier than the sword. Total bull! You don't see Scarface running around screaming "Say hello to my LITTLE PEN!" now do you?

http://www.magmaker.co.nr/1337-speak
Stop "1337-speak"!

Grimmek's Waaagh Kareer
W:2 T:3 L:9

sp3c

sp3c

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 508 posts
  • Army Name:1 mekanized Whaaaagh
lol this is exactly why I love orks ... anything goes! your greenstuff work is really good as well, the only thing I would've done different is that I'd have one of the legs on the jumping guy facing backwards because right now it looks like he's jumping into the water yelling 'cannonball!!!!' or something like that :) but great job overall, can't wait to see this bunch painted up :cheers
New tenants wanted for Ork Town. Prime real estate up for grabs. Low rents and plenty of fighting, boozing and proppaness. Check out the kompetition thread and register your interest by August 1st.

Resvrgam

Resvrgam

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 103 posts
  • Army Name:Da Flyin Fingz
wow, these are so well posed, dynamic and realistic (i.e. no rubber limbs in impossible positions) I'm thinking on Jumpy boy (great name btw) maybe his slugga should be pointing forwards, aiming where he is going, might give him a sense forwards movement also it would be more aggressive? either that or use a slugga arm that isn't at a right angle to his body, there are those slugga arms that are like 45 degrees almost. It would 'widen' his pose and make him more threatening. oh, yeah, the axe sparks are brilliant btw, but if you consider the base as ground level his axe is actually under the ground technically. I maybe just being picky, i can't see it working any way other than how you've done it tho. What are other people's opinions of 'ground level' compared to bases? Just my two cents (well pennies really cos i'm british) these are totally awesome poses tho, love your nob it looks really nice ;) (i sense my warn status mite be bumped up again for that one, curses) Yes, totally wow.

Resvrgam

Resvrgam

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 103 posts
  • Army Name:Da Flyin Fingz
woops another thought, you can trim the edges of your GS shoulder pads with a scalpel or craft knife when it has totally hardened to get sharp edges... Will be tricky tho, from the looks of things you've got the skillz innit. I love it when people put this much effort into da boyz they are the back bone afterall, and the kit is so good it totally deserves this much effort. Peace, or should that be endless war?

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Great looking 'ard boyz, with nice dynamic poses. Good work, especially for your first boyz. :thumbs Love the sparks from the dragging axe and the gouges in the fuel drum the nob is vaulting. Little touches like these will make your mob look unique. If you can get hold of a pin-vice or mini drill then drilling out all their gun barrels would make them look even 'arder. :dakka
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

stinkyfive

stinkyfive

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 275 posts
  • Army Name:Skull Splittaz
The polvolting nob is great, the proportions, positioning and dynamics really capture the motion and speed of it, might have to loot that one, :thumbs . Stinky

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Yeah, your poses are great. That nob really takes the cake though. I would almost feel sorry for the sap who's lap that guy lands in.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

jACE

jACE

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
First time army builder? Great work, looks promissing! :thumbs

Deucheron

Deucheron

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts
Thanks for all the great feedback! I really appreciate it too. So does my girlfriend. She helped put together a few, and the sparks on the axe were her idea. So anyways while I've been a busy graduating college animation student, finishing up my senior thesis, my beautiful girlfriend mocked up a paint scheme for the boys in photoshop. So i figured i'd show it off to you all cause its better than anything i could have done!

Posted Image
yes the color on that image is 100% digitally painted

gonna head to GW tomorrow and get some paint and some more bits and such.
Wazdakka soon to come!

oh thanks Gaf for the advice...i'll give it a shot
less post more hobby

Babyblue_d

Babyblue_d

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 107 posts
  • Army Name:Heavymetal Mayhem
yes the color on that image is 100% digitally painted Impressive ... your builds are very nice and dynamic. cant wait to see more, but I half to agree that the barrels on your shootas need to be drilled out it would look much better.
"Sluga Boyz win waaaghz. Mek Boyz win battlez."
-Unclaimed graffiti attributed to a Deathskull Mek Boy

BABYBLUE D.
aka ... Deloo Pabet

Gobsmakk'd

Gobsmakk'd

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Deathskullz
  • 548 posts
  • Army Name:Da Ska' Vengaz (Deff Skullz)
Deucheron - first timer? Wow! Great poses and you're already damned good with the GS. Some previous experience there, with clay or something? Keep it up, can't wait to see what you come up with for the rest of your squad. Thanks for sharing.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm

So i figured i'd show it off to you all cause its better than anything i could have done!

Looks great. :thumbs

Do you have a klan in mind for your orks or are you going freebooter (mix of klans, or no klan). It might be a good idea to chose before painting any minis as that can affect your paintscheme, as well as some modelling decisions.
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

OldSkool

OldSkool

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Meanies
Are you going to paint the source lighting from the photoshop too? I am turgid.
Move along, nothing to see here...

sp3c

sp3c

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 508 posts
  • Army Name:1 mekanized Whaaaagh

my beautiful girlfriend

pics or it did not happen :search !!!!

in any case, are they getting a trukk or will they be walking like sad little ... like proppa sluggaboyz?
because you can't build a squad like this and go for a standard GW trukk you know, it's in the forum rules!
New tenants wanted for Ork Town. Prime real estate up for grabs. Low rents and plenty of fighting, boozing and proppaness. Check out the kompetition thread and register your interest by August 1st.

zodgrim

zodgrim

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Zodgrim
Great action poses! I like the leaping ones the most. The nob jumping the barrell is my favorite.