Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bik Mek wif Shokk Attack Gun

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

Last fall, when I heard that the SAG would be making a comeback, my first idea was to make an 'uge Big Mek in mega-armor with an 'uge SAG that would use beakies as ammunition. Sadly, SAG+MA is not a legal Codex option, so I had to rethink. The new SAG model was nice ( exept the face - again ), so I would use that. Now, what would a SAG direct hit on a beakie look like? I collected the neccessary bitz and started the werk..

bGmkpE3.jpg

zNPLIwt.jpg

p2cks4d.jpg

O5hFlfT.jpg

D3NpDAN.jpg

4d19HJ8.jpg

6hhVwKy.jpg

I'll put some WIP:s in the next post, too many pics.

Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

One more finished picture:

fxj6jTB.jpg

I looked at the heads I have and decided to use Ruglud's head from Fantasy range. I cut off the horns and GS:d some werky bitz, othervice I did not convert the model at all. The eyelenses are some small clear plastic balls that came from the inside of my grots stretchy toy that got broken. There was something like a million of these tiny, about 1 mm diameter balls inside, might be good for rivets too:

lI4HOEg.jpg

The beakie's legs are from a biker ( only kind I had ). I assembled the beakie first on the Rhino door, then I cut open his belly and started to fit the Snotling ( from Fantasy range ) in. I cut off most of the snot's legs and left hand and then I made some beakie guts from GS untill it looked right:

iHnNm0s.jpg

For the base I used an ancient beakie dred base that I had floating around, it had allready been sanded and primed white by the previous owner - it was just the right size:

yCE7OYP.jpg

The black marks are where the Mek and the snot-to-be-sucked-in will be.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
I LOVE IT!!!!! OMG!!! Seriously, enter this into the GD... you should at least get an honorable mention. Enter it as a duel piece to increase your chances... (i'm just sayin). I think this embodies what a SAG is all about... glowy killy grotty goodness and a suitably strange looking mek in the middle.
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
Fantastic stuff, as usual AW. Your Mek looks totally demented, which is probably how he'd be after walking around with a portable warp generator, and the Grot emerging from the beakie's guts is perfect. I'm still trying to work out how to do my own SAG using just plastic bits, purely because I hate assembling multi-part metal models like this.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Another AW Wonder. Great stuff, man. The snot-in-beakie is brilliant. Yeah, I'd say this is Golden Daemon material. :thumbs
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

bad buddha

bad buddha

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:big mek Ork-skar and his inglorius bastards!

Another AW Wonder. Great stuff, man. The snot-in-beakie is brilliant. Yeah, I'd say this is Golden Daemon material. :thumbs

what he said! :cheers
Dra skinnet bakåt...
a cheap hobby is not a real hobby!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,833 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Again, I've seen your modelling and painting skills evolve so immensely - I still remember fondly your Wez and its good to see you're knocking around churning out lovely models. I join the consensus saying this is muchly GD worthy - that is a wonderful piece that you should definitely pop into Golden Daemon. And most importantly, tell us how it did! I do disagree with 4ton though - single model/monstrous - I don't think you'd get away with Duel tbh - but you have to enter it!

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts

Again, I've seen your modelling and painting skills evolve so immensely - I still remember fondly your Wez and its good to see you're knocking around churning out lovely models.

I join the consensus saying this is muchly GD worthy - that is a wonderful piece that you should definitely pop into Golden Daemon.

And most importantly, tell us how it did!

I do disagree with 4ton though - single model/monstrous - I don't think you'd get away with Duel tbh - but you have to enter it!

Disagree if you like... but our local Golden Demon Winner got away with this... (scroll down... it's pretty well labeled)
figmata
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,833 posts
I only disagree 4Ton because the judges could turn around and say its not actually a dual as one of them ise dead - and to be fair - a base of rippas is techically an almost equal match for a single beakie in some respects. I'm personally just erring on the side of caution - the model deserves it, but I do see what you mean...

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
I must cut off these useless things I call arms that I paint with. Everytime I think I have seen some of your best stuff you come out with something better. Nice work and definetly GD worthy.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

MasterOwen

MasterOwen

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moonz
:bleep THAT IS AMAZING the mek looks like he is about to go crazy. It gets beter and beter as i love the beakie and the paint job on the bulbs with the lightning! that thing is amazing! :cheers :eek

stinkyfive

stinkyfive

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 275 posts
  • Army Name:Skull Splittaz
Wow!, love the grot coming out of the beakie and the glowing orbs! I'm just starting to paint one of these, and this gives me something to aim for, (but never achieve!). Stinky

Gorbak

Gorbak

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 71 posts
  • Army Name:Brave'earts
Golden Daemon awaits! Outstanding work. Aww,poor beakie :biggrin
Viva "SLQH..."!
Known as Undertaker at the Bolter and Chainsword.

Zogmagog

Zogmagog

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 499 posts
  • Army Name:Zogmagog's Red Menazz
Fantastic! I love every bit of it. On a side note I think the purple gums look really good. Gonna have to loot that.
Where's da trukk?

Muskie

Muskie

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 236 posts
  • Army Name:Waarrgh Musk
I like it. Don't know if it would place at a GD, depends on which GD sometimes... I got two of the old models, but I might buy one of the new ones to be my boss Mek in the Apocalypse Shock Attack battery. I'll need more snotlings though. I can use them in fantasy as I'll put them on square bases...
My more famous army is the Diseased Sons. My new hobby blog has pics of green skins old and new if you dig a little.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts

I like it. Don't know if it would place at a GD, depends on which GD sometimes...

I got two of the old models, but I might buy one of the new ones to be my boss Mek in the Apocalypse Shock Attack battery. I'll need more snotlings though. I can use them in fantasy as I'll put them on square bases...

That's actually why I suggested best duel... Usually Haley, Hardy, Shcaedel, et al compete in single mini or squad.... duel is usually a bit easier (as is monster/vehicle for the record). Also... if you've not competed before AW, keep in mind if you say it's for best duel, the worst that can happen is the registration guy say "hmm... let's put it in monstrous creature instead"... and usually that's a good thing...
CODE

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Which ever category you go with & whether you place or not, this is still an awsome build. You are a visionary. One of that best things about the SAG is this happening & youve portrayed it perfectly. The paint is spot on as well. Your arcs of energy on the spinning gubbins came out great, very real.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

armored walker

armored walker

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 434 posts

mmm... :blush ehm :blush - :blush *koff* :blush erm thanks, guys, quite an owerwhelming response :blush :blush :blush Sorry to be back here so late, I, or rather my 'net service provider had some problems with connecting me to the internet - here's a little peace offering:

64J0BUa.jpg

I meant to speedpaint him for a game I've got scheduled this weekend, but ended up putting even more work in him than in normal tabletop quality. Noteworthy: my first try at sky-earth reflection on his goggles - I should have started with something bigger, tho.

Well, 4ton & others, thanks again for your kind thoughts but in my opinion the mek would need some more work before entering any GD:s: - Metal highlights are drybrushed, good enough for vehicles but not single minis ( or even duels or monsters :biggrin ), also metal weathering needs more contrast - Red armor and trousers need more contrast - Yellow/black cabeling is not even enough, yellow is too flat - I forgot to highlight the red cable - OSL on the head is not clean enough, also the lamp should be brighter - Bronze metal bitz don't look like bronze ...you know, that's not really too much, maybe I could do those things...anyway, the nearest GD ( Germany? ) is 3000 klicks an three countries away, but maybe some day...

Edit: @Dim: could you be more specific than "how did you do it"? The only answer to that is "I just painted it like that" :lol

TeflonTron

TeflonTron

I'm an Internet Tough Guy

• Banned
  • 262 posts
Models like these are why I never usually visit this section: they are simply so wonderful that it makes my heart hurt as I can never paint to this standard. I really, really like the glowing Orbs and how they are reflected on the ground: very clever and very well done.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,833 posts

Edit:
@Dim: could you be more specific than "how did you do it"? The only answer to that is "I just painted it like that"

Oh no I meant when you enter it to a GD - which you should imo - if not that model, you're certainly capable of putting in an awesome entry...

And when you do, we would all like to know how you get on - yes we would cause we all think its a winner - I assume I'm speaking for everyone here...