Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quick rokkit 101

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Sorien

Sorien

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 440 posts
  • Army Name:Da Orks
I went through the 101 thread, and while there are many Rokkit launchers, I did not see any way to make the rokkits themselves. So I went through a few ideas and finally settled on a pencil sharpener. Using 1/4" styrene rod, .040x.125 strips, 150grit sandpaper. I highly recommend using a sharpener that can capture the shavings. rokkit101a.JPG After sharpening: rokkit101b.JPG Sand to smooth out and shape as desired. Cut off tip: rokkit101c.JPG Using some plastic strips as fins: rokkit101d.JPG and one of my homemade rokkit pistols on my new tankbusta nob: rokkit101e.JPG Sorry if this is obvious, it wasn't to me :blush and it took a while to find something that produced results I liked.

Babyblue_d

Babyblue_d

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 107 posts
  • Army Name:Heavymetal Mayhem
nice Idea I too have been looking for a way to make some cheep rokkits thanks
"Sluga Boyz win waaaghz. Mek Boyz win battlez."
-Unclaimed graffiti attributed to a Deathskull Mek Boy

BABYBLUE D.
aka ... Deloo Pabet

Ramashek

Ramashek

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts
i have to laugh, cus the solution is so simple >.< and ive been trying to think up how to do it for a while, i feel a tad stupid...
The Mek Who Can Never Finish A Project

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,551 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
That is a quick easy new way. Will come in handy for those tryin to convert the old tank bustas to have rocket launchaz. Though rollin them up w/ GS is just as easy. ;)
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Babyblue_d

Babyblue_d

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 107 posts
  • Army Name:Heavymetal Mayhem

Though rollin them up w/ GS is just as easy. ;)

I can never get the GS to look right. always seems to end up looking more like a water balloon than a rokkit
:crybaby
"Sluga Boyz win waaaghz. Mek Boyz win battlez."
-Unclaimed graffiti attributed to a Deathskull Mek Boy

BABYBLUE D.
aka ... Deloo Pabet

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,551 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Someitmes when it comes out misshapen I'll alter it to be more of a shaped amour piercing type or keep em fat like a panzerfaust (even though theyre not in the "armoury" it gives em a lil diversity)
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Thanks for sharing your brainwave. It is obvious, but I hadn't thought of it either. ;) You should add a link in the pinned 101 thread. :thumbs
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Darking

Darking

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 163 posts
  • Army Name:Darkingz
What material did you use to make the rokkits? Everybody seems to know what it is, but I don't :lol
Space Pirates Da Kingz Win Ratio: 90,90909090909090909090909090%

Win/looses Against:
tin'eads: 6/0
Beakies: 4/1
OMFG What the hell I'm a BEAST!!!!

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm

What material did you use to make the rokkits?
Everybody seems to know what it is, but I don't :lol

I assume it's plasticard (styrene) rod. Trying to find a pencil sharpener now.... :search
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,215 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps
:thumbs...i'll have to wait for my sister to come home from school...;) thanx!! Much simpler and better that what i used to try...!!

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,143 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!
Nicely done, Sorien. :thumbs I must say that I have been mulling if plastic rod could be run through a pencil sharpener towards a positive result. So thanks for the experiment. Now where did I put that hex rod and plundered buggy chassis? :? :search
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob
THis wasn't obvisous to me either. So thanks for this helpful little bit. I wounder if an electric pencil sharpener would produce different results. Time to go find my plastic rod.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,143 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!

I wounder if an electric pencil sharpener would produce different results.

I would think that a eletric one might cause too much heat, as well as, a loss of some control versus manual one. :? Still it would be worth trying. :yes
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Battlewagon Gunner

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,859 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)
A better method for tapering plastic rod is to put the plastic rod in an electric drill like it was a drill bit. You don't need to tighten the drill around the plastic rod too much- just enough to be snug; you don't want to crush the plastic rod. Run the drill and taper the end of the plastic rod using medium to fine grit sand paper. Finish it off with some very fine grit sand paper and then trim the length as desired. This is very easy to do and everyone will get VERY good results.

big boss gold toof

big boss gold toof

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 172 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH .......What ever I feel like at the time !!!
Deja vu i was talkin with Cato to day and he said that dowel works just the same, thanks for conferming that i can use styrene rod :cheers Gold Toof
If You can't Beat 'Um... Use A Bigga Stick

Gorzag Gofasta

Gorzag Gofasta

telescoping arm

• Evil Sunz
  • 485 posts
Good idea.

I got lucky and found some perfect rokkits in the form of plastic fasterner clips for metal store shelves, back when I worked a horrible retail job.

I can't find 'em available for sale yet, this is the closest I've come after a brief search:

http://www.itw-faste.../dw/oc/a/7/c/17
"You ladz is too slow for proppa krumpin."

(Avatar by Krooza)