Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MegaNob walkthrough

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Cato

Cato

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 37 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Snik
Last post now guys, thanks for all the interest. First of all, here's the model from the template with the undercoats on. Finished_Meganob_002.jpg As per a previous request, I don't have a pic with a Barry, or a comparison with a traditional MA nob, but here's one of them both with one of the beakies from the intro table at my local. Finished_Meganob_003.jpg To satisfy those interested, here is the pink one... Don't give me too much grief, it's for breast cancer charity event run at my local club, at least it's a one-eyed ded 'ard nob, even if he is pink... Finished_Meganob_001.jpg Finished_Meganob_006.jpg jpg] Thanks guys, appreciate the comments and crits, I won't be adding anymore to this thread, cos as far as I'm concerened, he's done, bar the rest of the paint, which obviously no-one needs my help with, cos I'm relatively pants at it.

Grubsnikk

Grubsnikk

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 315 posts
  • Army Name:Kreepin' Deff
Great stuff dude!!! :thumbs This will help me tremendously, whenever I get around to build my own mega-nobs. As a side-note, please KEEP that pink guy pink, he's so badass that even pink looks krumpy! :dakka :choppa
FEELD-MARSHULL GRUBSNIKK
KOMMANDA OV DA KREEPIN' DEFF BLOOD AXES

LICHTENAUER FOR PRESIDENT!

quote: 'I like the variation on head you get plus the FB box has a nob sprue' jackdoud
quote: 'Then it isn't da waaagh's issue, we don't get ninja-lawyer'd and everyone lives happily ever after. Even the bunnies.' Blakkreaper
quote: 'If an ordered list of thread links isn't enough for you to find something then give up now and take up embroidery. cheers.gif' jackdoud

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
Pink looks girly. Cover it in a thick coat of industrial grade grey dye! nah.....only jokin' (not a very fun joke mid you...) very handy, a great tutorial and it will be of use to everyone who wants a DeffWing Skwadron :thumbs (the dark angels chapter with the terminators....them....you know....er...) shade
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

Stovaa

Stovaa

Paint Squig

• Grotz
  • 99 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Thragzakk
hehe... "one eyed pink Nob"... Sorry, the inner 5 year old got out then. Great 101, better than the GW models.

Zagstruk

Zagstruk

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 141 posts
Cato thankyou for for doing this so much. I think your works amazing and well yeh. Ive tried to make my own ma nob folowing your 101 as close as posible. Ill bring it to gw and you can evaluate it it. I HATE DOING THOSE RIVITS SO F***ing MUCH tee hee
we can always come back for another go!

DO NOT revive old topics. I did and i got whipped.

WAAGHnumbnuts

WAAGHnumbnuts

Steel Hornz

• Blood Axez
  • 633 posts
This is really top notch work, and I really like the dynamism of the models, albeit with one caveat. You might want to "pull together" the models more, as they seem to have a bit too much movement and therefor don't quite feel like the walking fortresses they should be! Just something to keep in mind for the future.
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"
BLAM BLAM