Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some stuff I'm working on...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

grimgob

grimgob

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 314 posts
  • Army Name:Grimgob's Raiders
So I tend to work on several projects at once, I figured I'd let you guys in on what I have in the works right now.

All of these are very very very WIP, so go easy on me. moldlines are not trimmed, Stuff that has paint is very unfinished, etc.

My squiggoth:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Snikrot:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Mek with KFF:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Boss on bike (Boss with mechanical spider legs actually, haven't decided what to do for a gun for him):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"All Grotz iz ekwal. Sum Grotz iz more ekwal den udders. Da Red Gobbo iz da most ekwal grot. Snotz ain’t grotz n’ ain’t ekwal at all. Da more ekwal you iz, da better stuff you git." - The laws of "Da Revolushunary Kommitee" as handed down by the legendary Red Gobbo

grimgob

grimgob

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 314 posts
Deff Kopta:

Posted Image

And finally my pride and joy... this is a sampling of my ever growing Rebel Grot Army ('umie codex):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Moltolv tossa (demo charge) and Head honcho (junior officer)

Posted Image

Banna wava (standard bearer)

Posted Image

Dokz (medics)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Kommitee Evangelist (priest)

Posted Image

"All Grotz iz ekwal. Sum Grotz iz more ekwal den udders. Da Red Gobbo iz da most ekwal grot. Snotz ain’t grotz n’ ain’t ekwal at all. Da more ekwal you iz, da better stuff you git." - The laws of "Da Revolushunary Kommitee" as handed down by the legendary Red Gobbo

grimgob

grimgob

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 314 posts
Posted Image

1 of my Las sentinels

Posted Image
Posted Image

And last but not least... Da Red Gobbo (Commissar)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Told you that was alot of pictures, sorry. With all these project going at once... it's amazing I ever get anything done.

Nazteef

Nazteef

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 25 posts
  • Army Name:Nazteef's Nuttaz
Wow, that Deffkopta is THE GOODS. What kit is it from?

Shadey

Shadey

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Firm
Nice work. The rebel grot army is coming along brilliantly. Excellent green stuff work. Though I have to say, those big beefy arms on the grots look a little wierd. You make me want to try my hand at a grot army. I did have an idea to go one better/worse in fantasy. A snotling army using goblin rules. I figured two or three snots to a base would about equal a goblin. Looking at your rebel grots you got me thinking. I could do a similar trick here, two or three grots to a base to count as an ork. Let me ask (not to derail your thread, just curious), would you play against an army like that? The only complaint I would make, I really think that sentinel needs more, what I am not sure it just needs more stuff. Maybe some gubbinz suggesting an engine which that radiator does not really do, some battery packs for power and other containers and projections on the outside.

grimgob

grimgob

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 314 posts

Wow, that Deffkopta is THE GOODS.

What kit is it from?

Robogear Thunder. Great kit, I also used the robogear spider for the warbosses legs and some other robogear bitz are spread throughout.

Though I have to say, those big beefy arms on the grots look a little wierd.

I actually love the cartoonish look of those oversized arms. :biggrin
I figure after a few generations of defending themselves the rebel grotz have gotten bigger and stronger, allowing for their str. 3 attribute.

Let me ask (not to derail your thread, just curious), would you play against an army like that?

Definitely, I had actually considered the same thing when I decided to work on a rebel grot army. It would really represent the swarming horde that a rebel grot force would be. But I decided Grots on their own would favor shooting over hand to hand... so I went with 'umie rules instead. I think an Ork based grot army would be awesome, if you do a search for rebel grotz here you'll come across quite a few people who have done the same.

The only complaint I would make, I really think that sentinel needs more, what I am not sure it just needs more stuff.

Oh he's far from done. I just haven't figured out what else to put on him yet. I'm going to try to get some arty type to make me up a few "rebel grot propaganda" posters (old communist style) that will be hanging off of the front of him... probably some more bitz to the gun and an engine as well.

GrimGor

GrimGor

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 151 posts
  • Army Name:Dont have a name yet
Da Red Gobba is amazing!...i love his hat! and the sentinel, its so crazy! (in a good way :biggrin) One question...where's the claw on your biker boss from? Cheers :cheers
Trumpet sock.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
I have to say, I love the idea of Rebel Grots and always have. I am going to work on a combat patrol. I haven't decided if I will use Ork rules or 'Umie rules yet. Probably proppa Ork codex ;) I love the GS work, and I am feeling inspired now. Thanks!
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

grimgob

grimgob

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 314 posts

One question...where's the claw on your biker boss from?

Robogear as well. I've gotten so many great bitz from their box set it's amazing.

burning_kazuki

burning_kazuki

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 68 posts
Just wondering...which metal arm bits did you use for your snikrot? :)

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 723 posts
  • Army Name:Klan Fishheadz
Sentinal...so...phallic... :bang. Good work, all round. Love the evangalist!
For da Greena Good!
My Gitz
W:6 D:2 L:2
Current project: Painting Loota's and burna's and trukkboyz (oh my!). Additionally starting Lizardman warhost. Anyone with ideas can PM me
Being a Whiner is easy if your deffinition of inadequate is flexible enough

grimgob

grimgob

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 314 posts

Just wondering...which metal arm bits did you use for your snikrot? :)

To tell you the truth I'm not sure. They're out of the bits drawer. I'd guess they are just metal nob arms from the box set.

Majsinek

Majsinek

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 39 posts
  • Army Name:Sneaky Choppaz
Outstanding grotz ! Everything looks so good, so orky/humie/groty. Excelent work Although i dont like "jungle" style snikrots (mine is more "mekanikal") yours is very nice so simple and so sneeky, i love it!

wazzdakka gutzmeks

wazzdakka gutzmeks

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 139 posts
  • Army Name:shinie-fing's skrap snatchaz
Yaay Snikrot :biggrin for your spider boss you shood have a panzee warp spider cannon thingy because it shoots out webs......Spider Ork? :? P.S. your snikrot is great! Just like mine :P
''when the going gets tough the grotz start runnin''

Founda of Da Skrap Snatchaz
W/D/L
5/2/3

DEFFSKULLZ FOREVER

grimgob

grimgob

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 314 posts

P.S. your snikrot is great! Just like mine :P

Yours is better, I havn't found any good chain bitz for his arms yet. I still need to make his bosspole too, but I need an umie skull for it and oddly of my thousands of bitz I don't have one.