Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bad Moon Warboss in Mega Armor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Skarnuckle

Skarnuckle

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
About a month ago, I posed a question, If I were to update this guy for the current edition, (see below) would he look better in Mega-Armor or 'eavy armor?

Posted Image

After some comments (not many), I decided upon Mega-Armor, as being a Bad Moon he's rich enough to buy the best.

So, I bough a Ghazghull model ($35.00), and looted my bitz box for:

(1) head from Warboss (squig one)
(2) squig arms (for the upper jaw of the the squig)
(1) Bad Moon glyph from the Rouge Trader/Second Edition Ork Battle Wagon
(2) Skaven spear shafts (the ones with cloth wrapped around the shaft to hold the spear on)
(2) Skaven nightrunner two handed weapons (spiked mace)
Plastic Card
Green Stuff

Leg Ornaments: I started on the legs. I glued the upper jaw of the squig to the Orks knees. Then I used by dremel to make the squigs flush with teh need pads.

Spiked/studded armor: While that was drying, I used my dremel with sanding attachment, to sand off the skull on the chest plate. Once that was done, I punched out 9 rivits and glued them to the chest. After they were dry, I glued the spikes from the spiked maces onto the punched out circles. Now I have spiked rivits.

Tabbard/; Made from two pieces of palstic card. One square, one "U" shaped. The "U" spahed gets glued over the square. This was attached once I glued the torso to the legs. Once the tabbard was on I attached the gluph just below the spikes, and just over the tabbard.

Helmet. I cut the horns off of the war boss with a jewelers saw (GW hobby saw). I then spread green stuff over the helmet and carved glyphs into it using teh GW sculpting blade. I then attached the warpping from the Skaven spears to the helmet. These will hold the tassles in place.

Glyphs: All glyphs were vmade with green stuff. I just cut a square into the green stuff and then made lines/ or pressed teh end of a file in it to make teh patter. Once dried, I attached the limbs.

Tassles. Made from green stuff. Just attached the green stuff to the spear wrappings, and then pressed it into the shoulders of the torso. I then took teh sculpting blade and ran it down length-wise at different at diffent points in the tassle. This made it look like hair.

This is what it looks like without teef.

Posted Image

Hope you like, comments welcome,

Skarnuckle
Push dat button, throw dat leva, who da 'ell wants to live fer ever.

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
Now that's a Bad Moon :thumbs . Anyone who's seen the old model will definitely be able to tell what this guy is supposed to be.

My only recommendation would be to go back with a knife/sculpting tool and sharpen up the edges of the GS around the shoulders and helmet. Right now it looks too rounded and un-armorlike. The glyphs themselves are really well done, it's just the metal they're on that isn't convincing.

Captain Destructo

Captain Destructo

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 526 posts
  • Army Name:There isn't one.
It might be easier to skin the shoulderplates in plasticard and greenstuff the glyphs over that. I like this; it's a really convinving version of the older model. :thumbs

GRUNT

GRUNT

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 207 posts
THAT is really proppa! Looking very forward to seeing the finished product all painted up! :] Should be quite the sight! :thumbs
QUOTE(o_O @ Jul 30 2007, 11:04 PM) View Post
its called a GUBBIN !!

meks boyz put them on things cuz they look cool
now if it did something then it would be a worky bit

Kaos

Kaos

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 204 posts
Awesome GS work, Whats with the squigtails? :lol But seriously nice work on the conversion. Looks very proppa, but personally I wouldnt have kept both the squigtails.
“Hello little man. I WILL DESTROY YOU!”

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
I love it! Looks so old skool... then new at the same time. Without the same position that nearly everything had in earlier editions, but with the coolness! :thumbs :thumbs
Current projects:
BattleFortress from Baneblade!
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob
Better scratchbuilt battlewagon

Support orkytown! Click here and here! Click one per day!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
But then the question arises... Why was your looted wagon facing backwards?

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
Good work :thumbs . I would bulk up the shoota up so its more badmoony lookin. Some big beekie looking shoulder pads like the origional mite look good on im.
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
hey that ddint come out too badly at all. Quite good in fact. I wasnt too sure about the mega armour body but it looks dead 'ard. All the GS'ing came out really great too. Nice job on the spiked rivets :thumbs
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Great job, nuckle. You've captured the old skool armor style. Proppa. A very characterful conversion. :thumbs
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Kodek

Kodek

Flash Git

• Freebooterz
  • 1,142 posts
  • Army Name:No army at present...
I have to say, that is a sick conversion. It really creates a unique style for the Bad Moonz clan, with the hair squigs and tablets on his armour. Awesome.

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz

I would bulk up the shoota up so its more badmoony lookin.

I second that!
Well done, it really lookks awesome and you certainly captured the image of the old boss, well done.
Keg

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 643 posts
  • Army Name:Blazin' Skullz/WAAAGH! Grizlag
I love it! Might be lootable too. ;) I have always wondered what it'd look like to new-ify that one Bad Moon Boss. One thing you should fix is the klaw, since it's placed lower than usual you should add something there so it won't look too out of place.
QUOTE (Shinobi_8745 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Secondly, it's Snikrot, he can sneak with squeeky penguin slippers if he want to.

QUOTE (DeathCat147 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn right he is, he's so damn sneaky he can get across a minfield covered in bubble wrap while wearing his squeeky penguin slippers and neon green poncho, and still nobody will notice him

Chainzz

Chainzz

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 173 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Da Grim DeathSkull
KOOOOOL i caint wait to see this Bad Ass painted :thumbs

oberst_kramer

oberst_kramer

Kommando

• Bad Moonz
  • 967 posts
  • Army Name:Tuznik Boneshaka' 'Eavystomping Horde
Good work combining the old and the "new". Now let's see some paint slapped on this simple yet awesome conversion!
More Krumpin' and less talkin'

Jean-Luc Picard ends with 'Ard!

"There's a difference between bein' Smart boy an' bein' a Smart Git Gimzod"- Kommanda Uzgob, from Deff Skwadron

Waaagh Tuznik's Noo Codex kill tally sofar: W:18 D:3 L:3

Skarnuckle

Skarnuckle

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
I will paint it very soon, as soon as I have added teef. Thank you for all the comments. I will think about changing the combi-weapon, as soon as I get ovger a cold.... Skarnuckle
Push dat button, throw dat leva, who da 'ell wants to live fer ever.

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
if you can, extend his teeth a bit... they're too short for a bad moon
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
I love what you've done with this guy, really captures the feel and character of the classic model. Its a shame Ghazzie isn't more posable. It'd be really awesome to make this guy's pose more closely match. My only other idea would be to GS the teef caps on his incisors like the classic one's got. either way, this guy is gonna rock with paint! -drabber

DeathCat147

DeathCat147

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:Zagdakka Blitzsnik's Mota Mob
Really like the conversion :thumbs. Cant wait to see it painted.
All Hail Potemkin the Badger God