Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blorc Flash Gitz Da Bad Dakkaz

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,551 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
So with 2 more bikes to paint & not wanting to I did some work on these bad ladz. A couple of them are actually the arms over the head bodys, I cut off the shoulder plates w/ a high speed & GS' ed the gappage. I looted the idea of having the git finda attatched to a gun mounted sensor from Grim Teef. I had bought 2 boxes of blorcs but I dont know if I want 2 mobs of flash gitz, I may make one into a regular nobz mob, or not but I would hafta cobble some shootas together. Dsc03000.jpg git5.jpg git4.jpg git3.jpg ]git2.jpg git1.jpg
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

grusmock

grusmock

telescoping arm

• Snakebitez
  • 509 posts
  • Army Name:da red cruzadezz
Not bad at all. I like all the extra gear and choppas attached on. I think a nobs mob would be better and just a little more fun by doing somthing differnt and less bits expensive. Thats just what i would do.
"Da old wayz ar' da best!" "We'z don't need yer stinken teknoligy!" "Is dat a double barreled 'xtra shooty mega blasta with 'xtra scopes and a red paint job?!?!" "Ill take five."

Copta' Boy

Copta' Boy

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
They look really good. Some of the gun conversions are interesting, are they shootas with extra ammo feed and parts from the lootas?

Na, na na na na na na na badmoons! Na, na na na na na na na badmoons! badmoons, badmoons, badmoons!

Biv

Biv

Frantik

• Freebooterz
  • 2,005 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Bivrok!!
I like what you did here. Can't wait to see them with primer for the "tied in" feel.
Step 1: Collect orks
Step 2: ...
Step 3: Waaaaaaaaagh!

ORKAMEDES

ORKAMEDES

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 229 posts
  • Army Name:UNAMED YET
Waaagh, someone else who thought that the pointy feet have to go, they kust aint orky. nice conversions, I have been tossing around the idea of black orks as nobs but the raised arms always were a stickler, now I see that that can be fixed and look good Cheers Orkamedes
If it wuz EZ evryone cud do it!

Just Cause you shouldn't do it doesen't mean you don't, and just cause you can't do it doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,551 posts

They look really good. Some of the gun conversions are interesting, are they shootas with extra ammo feed and parts from the lootas?

So far only one gun is from the lootas but I hacked most of the harness' up & one of the blastas for worky/coolant bits. Theres a couple of 'umie autocannons & a heavy bolter. I'm alos using guns of the bike sprues.

@ Biv yeah the "Lorax Effect"* took hold with the first coat of primer & theyre tops.
(& I still havent finished my bikes :sowhat )

*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Gorzag Gofasta

Gorzag Gofasta

telescoping arm

• Evil Sunz
  • 485 posts
I've been looking for something to use for FLash Gitz, I think the Black Orcs would be great! I wanted them to look bigger and tougher than normal orks, but I didn't want to cannibilize my nobz or buy more metal nobz. These look really good, a kit of 10 is all I need... and I've saved some Bad Moon looking heads andspare guns. Perfect!
"You ladz is too slow for proppa krumpin."

(Avatar by Krooza)

ThatAnonymousGuy

ThatAnonymousGuy

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 41 posts
The guns look great with all the little details you added and I love nobs with black ork heads I think they look really cool Nice Work! :cheers

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
These guys look great. :thumbs I hadn't considered using blorcs as flash gitz but you've done a good job converting them so I'll have to reconsider. Really like the snazzguns, gitfindas and extra ammo they're lugging about. Looking forward to seeing them painted. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

BigMek

BigMek

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 712 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Tankchewa
Very nice idea, and those are some Snazzy guns alright. love what you've done with the helmets. Im getting more and more convinced that I should make myself a mob of flashgitz from watching these threads ^^
I like to loot it loot it

The rulebook also doesn't say anything about beating people like this with their own army case. So, technically...

Nozeminer - In the "best cheat ever" thread.

swampy

swampy

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 695 posts
  • Army Name:ash wastes arsonists
hi, really nice models, all the bits work really well together and theres an impressive amount of detail, the boots are my favorite must of taken ages to do but looks great, mega stompy :thumbs cant wait to see them after you paint em. :cheers swamp
"I Luv da smell uv prome-ee-fee-um in da mornin'!"

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,551 posts
Thanks all for the feedback. Heres #6, (still havent finished the bikes. Started though the first couple of coast though. I didnt do any real customizing {cept to make them have beakie type twin sluggas on the handle bars seein as how I looted the big shootas for these guys} So paintin em is kinda borring, but I got I week, hopefully I dont just slop some paint on though.) Anyways, #6 git6.jpg Still hafta add some straps for the gun & touch up some muscle & wire him up, just got some guitar strings from my father in law, first time workin w/ em so we'll see how they go.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

CacheMan

CacheMan

Swab Squig

• Grotz
  • 80 posts
i really like the bullets and bits on his back. Really great conversion. :thumbs make sure you put effort into painting these guys. :whip

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
I really like #6, best one yet I think. :thumbs Though I think the square hole in his gun (where the mini-rokkit normally goes) could do with covering up or having some gubbinz added to it. Where did you get the bullet belts from? :cheers

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,551 posts
Yeah that hole has been nagging me as well. Havent decided what to do with it yet though. Gotta thank Ein for finding the bandoliers not a bad price at all really, but they do get ya by the short hairs on shipping though.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

Lurk Gofgob

Lurk Gofgob

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 144 posts
  • Army Name:Lurk Gofgobz Waaagh!
Nice! I like them very much! Nice extra-bitz, where┬┤re they from? :cheers

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,551 posts
2 more for the crew git7.jpg git8.jpg So I got these binoculars with a tamiya kit I bashed a while back & have been wantin to use em but theyre a little small. how do they go as gitfinda/ night vision, too small or ok? I would smack om GS on there as mounting but I'm on the fence with em. nvg.jpg @Lurk the back packs are 'umie & the worky bits are hacked up from the deff guns of the lotta sprue. Oh & theres some hanging flesh & bones from the kroot sprue.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts

So I got these binoculars with a tamiya kit I bashed a while back & have been wantin to use em but theyre a little small. how do they go as gitfinda/ night vision, too small or ok? I would smack om GS on there as mounting but I'm on the fence with em.

I'd use them - they look good - but maybe cut off the original eyepieces and replace them with slices of plastic tubing of a slightly larger diameter.

Keep up the flash work. :cheers

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Nice job, but i think this one: http://www.the-waaag...p...st&id=22305 has too weedy bullets.
Current projects:
BattleFortress from Baneblade!
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob
Better scratchbuilt battlewagon

Support orkytown! Click here and here! Click one per day!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
But then the question arises... Why was your looted wagon facing backwards?

Zogg

Zogg

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 463 posts
  • Army Name:Morboz Safari

So I got these binoculars with a tamiya kit I bashed a while back & have been wantin to use em but theyre a little small. how do they go as gitfinda/ night vision, too small or ok? I would smack om GS on there as mounting but I'm on the fence with em.

No, your first impression was right, they look too small. But I think that's because they are worked directly into the helmet like that. If you put a strip of plasticard or greenstuff behind them to make them look like they were mounted on a visor on the helmet and could be flipped up or down that would help matters quite a bit. Bulk it out and make it look a good deal less manditory that he spot through such tiny devices.
Calling all Wordboyz!

Zogg, the Eternal Runtherd.