Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alexgrunt's Skullhamma Kompetishun entry

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

alexgrunt

alexgrunt

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 47 posts
  • Army Name:Da Meskiko'z Expedishunary Korps
This was the first idea for my Skullhamma :
Posted Image
That was before I got mine. The only problem with that was this:
Posted Image
The little thinggie in the middle is a Land Raider floor. So I had to think about another idea which came when I saw a report of the “Dark Crusade” event (a rather strange tournament by the “Squigs du Nord” club http://www.squigsdunord.com). Here’s the link toward the photo that inspired me:

Looted Gorgon

So I just had to start !

First: the tracks and the main hull:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Inner details:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

alexgrunt

alexgrunt

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 47 posts
During this time, the engine receives some “Conflix Chemical Plant” parts (and a Land Raider engine).
Posted Image
As for now:
Posted Image
Next step: the blade
Take two 'umie dozer blades
Posted Image
and put them on a support with hinges (eh it must move)
Posted Image
The mobile ramp to take off passengers:
Posted Image

I wanted to had supa-bombs (I have a grot bomb in my bitz box for years) so I made a launcher a bit like FW’s one, but with a comm. center (that is lots of antennas and radar dishes):
Posted Image
A kanon on the opposite side of the tank and here we are!
Posted Image
Now the turret… The one shown is the fifth one. I never thought I’d have so many trouble with the preceding ones…
Posted Image
The barrel is some clear plastic tubing with plasticard on it. The turret seems a bit weedy now…
Therefore a sixth one, which is unfinished by the deadline, with a grot-powered mechanism to move the deffkanon up and down:
Posted Image

alexgrunt

alexgrunt

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 47 posts
So the final thing is there (except for a few planks one the turret, a lump of green stuff here and there and a load of rivets):
Posted Image
Front view:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Detail of the supa bomb system:
Posted Image
The engine, impressive isn't it?
Posted Image
Back view
Posted Image
Side view of the kannon, wo lacks some stuff on it (shells are from a squiggoth)
Posted Image

Enjoy!

brutalis

brutalis

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 596 posts
Wow!!! Very imprssive work. Nice orkification. Amazing detail. I cant really find anything wrong with it. Only that it's not finished yet :P Jubs a gud 'un! :thumbs :thumbs

Zogmagog

Zogmagog

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 499 posts
  • Army Name:Zogmagog's Red Menazz
Real nice work. Lots of detaisl to move the eye around. I really like that massive dozer/assault plow.
Where's da trukk?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Another one for the Oila'z I reakon. Nice work so far, I particuly like the addition to the turret.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

clayton

clayton

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 127 posts
  • Army Name:big mek supa glue and his band morktalika(badmoons)
its nice to see some more good quality models i reackon you could become as good as krooza judging this model all you have to do is practica (talking about practice i should get off my lazy ass and build) keep up the good work
hah i win because you may be a level 2 wizard but im a level 5 RETARD......

wait....... oh god d?%m it.

QUOTE (EvilMonkee @ Mar 14 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely awesome. Any chance of a shot from the rear?

if it moves ill sleep with it, if it dosent we'll work something out

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Great build! Theres so much goin on I dont know where to start, The extra long engine block is a nice touch that whole motor section is really good. The airtrafffic controler & the cannon crank grot are hilarious. :thumbs
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Only thing I'd suggest is putting reinforcing beams across the top of the open section, like on the Gorgon. EDIT: Just realised that I didn't put how much I like this model! :blush It's a great design, the turret is so damn Orky. Can't wait to see it finished.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play
i second that the dozer/assault plow and the engine part are top by now. i am waiting to see what you are doing whith the turret. whilst doing mine i found, that the original baneblade turret is not wide enough to let a higher structure look good. your solution with adding a grot-powered mechanism is very effective to solve this. maybe adding a few chains from the top of what was once the front of a chimera to hold the perfect barrel. even if it hurts maybe stick the barrel 1 -2 cm higher? but mostly i wish i have had the idea of the dozer front thing....
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Nice work Alex, a proppa looking tank you've got there. :thumbs Inspired use of the chem plant tank at the back, front ramp and side mounted supa-rokkits. Guess our Meks hang-out together on the waaaghnet, sharing brews and swapping ideas. :biggrin I love the front dozer bits with the ramp in the middle. Also really like the bracing you've added to the barrel and the damaged areas with internal detailing. Looking forward to seeing this finished and good luck in the komp. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Kaos

Kaos

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 204 posts
Suggestion for the Orkemote's 'a jawdropping ork with huge eyes', because that is exactly my reaction to your skullhamma. Just found this one :eek but it doesn't do it justice. I specially love the engine work, just a quick request, could you post us a shot of the GS work behind the engine, cant quite make it out. Good luck with the comp
Hello little man. I WILL DESTROY YOU!

swampy

swampy

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 695 posts
  • Army Name:ash wastes arsonists
hi, nice skullhammer, i really like all the details you've added to the model especially the assault ramp the engine and the grot launcher truly orky in every way, there is so much detail its mind boggling, great model , big thumbs up :thumbs
"I Luv da smell uv prome-ee-fee-um in da mornin'!"

Warlord Gorgrotz goldtoof

Warlord Gorgrotz goldtoof

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bad Moon Waaagh!!! of Warlord Gorgrotz Goldtoof, Over-Emperor of Euclid V
Thats great! I've been wanting to start a skullhamma myself, and this just gave me the inspiration to do it!
"I iz warlord Gorgrotz, an' i'm da baddest of da bad moonz. I got me more gold teef den the uvver ones, an' more flash den all da uvver warlords combined, datz why i'm da Over-Emperor of Euclid V, an' if anyone gotz a problem wiv it, den they can settle it wif me Custom Shoota!"

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
As you said in Gaf-Naz's thread, Alex, this is quite simialar to his. I think he pulled off a more cohesive looking design, but yours has plenty of cool features. I particularly like the engine, which looks like it really would propel this thing at high speeds, and the ramshackle looking walkways etc. I think the weakest area is the front, which looks rather fragile.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
Build - 58/65 Awesome overal look of the tank, I like the assault ramp, as it's fully working and looks suitably chunky for orks. The turret is my favourite, because the way you built it upwards, and the grot having to turn it all on his own :whip , I like the new barrel you made for the turret, looks very orky. The engine... what a beast, nice to see that you've used several different engine bits instead of just sticking to one, detail on this is really nice too. Just a couple of nit picks apart from the build being WiP, the hole in the turret that the demolisher cannon usually fits into is too round, I'd recommend some pcard to make it squarer , and more orky. I also think you should have used something else to mount the radar dish, instead of a cupola. Then obviously the WiP parts, but I don't think I need to comment on those, as you probably know what to do about them ;) Thread - 27/ 30 Lots of WiP pics, with everything shown seperately, such as the front ramp. Plenty of explanations too. I think more pictures of certain areas, and close ups on things such as the turret could have helped get you more points. Bonus Points (e.g. fluff, genius ideas) – 3/5 Making the turret higher gave the baneblade more height, without having to modify the entire chasis, is a nice idea, the extra bits on the sides, such as the Grot launcher, are cool ideas too. Total: 88/ 100 I can see a lot of potential in this build, shame that it's not finished, please post some finished pics when you get round to it, and thanks for taking part! :cheers Tepok

Proppa Unproppa