Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gorkamorka Necron Raid Q's

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

hendybadger

hendybadger

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 73 posts
in the only issue of the gubbinz mag for gorkamorka there is a tin'ead raid scenario. ive got the models done and really want to use it. but i have one or two questions about it. 1) it says an ork can pick up a gauss flayer from a dismembered tin'ead. when? when its down? before it fades out of action? 2) if its when the tin'ead is down and an ork has his gun does he still have one if he gets back up again? 3) can tin'eads run/charge? 4) how far do destoyers move? it doesnt say. treat as bike? if so can it thrust? 5) destroyer armour penetrated. do you roll on a damage table? if so which one? thats all so far but i cant work these out. really hope someone can help with this

Weedy Grot

Weedy Grot

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 116 posts
I don't have the scenario so these are just my assumptions:

in the only issue of the gubbinz mag for gorkamorka there is a tin'ead raid scenario.
ive got the models done and really want to use it. but i have one or two questions about it.

1) it says an ork can pick up a gauss flayer from a dismembered tin'ead. when? when its down? before it fades out of action?
Dismembered indicates dead so I'd say any ork that took a tin'ead out in close combat (or was right next to it as it was fading away for whatever reason) gets to snatch a gause flayer from it's cold dead hands
2) if its when the tin'ead is down and an ork has his gun does he still have one if he gets back up again?
No
3) can tin'eads run/charge?
The can in 40k so I see no reason that they shouldn't be able to do so here
4) how far do destoyers move? it doesnt say. treat as bike? if so can it thrust?
Uhhh sure, why not. Although I'd probably say thay can only thrust once
5) destroyer armour penetrated. do you roll on a damage table? if so which one?
I'd use the cybork rules: If amour is penetrated roll one dice 1-3 destroyed 4-6 fine
thats all so far but i cant work these out.

really hope someone can help with this

As I say this is just me guessing from what I know about 40K tin'eads so i could be wrong.

Big Boss Grimjaw

Big Boss Grimjaw

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 20 posts
  • Army Name:Da Road Killaz

in the only issue of the gubbinz mag for gorkamorka there is a tin'ead raid scenario.
ive got the models done and really want to use it. but i have one or two questions about it.

1) it says an ork can pick up a gauss flayer from a dismembered tin'ead. when? when its down? before it fades out of action?

2) if its when the tin'ead is down and an ork has his gun does he still have one if he gets back up again?

4) how far do destoyers move? it doesnt say. treat as bike? if so can it thrust?

thats all so far but i cant work these out.

really hope someone can help with this

As for the Destroyer, since it says treat it as a bike, treat it *exactly* as a bike. 6 inch gas engines, 6 inch thrusts, first thrust is free, second on a 2+, third on a 3+, fourth and consecutive on a 4+.

For penetration damage, roll on the bike damage tables just as for a bike. :thumbs

- Big Boss Grimjaw

Andi Mc

Andi Mc

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 1 posts
Hi - I actually wrote this scenario, so here's my 'Official' Errata and Addenda for it.

Actually, if anybody has a copy of this article they'd be willing to scan, I'd be very grateful, as my author's copy from GW was destroyed... and I kinda liked having had an article published! (If that's against forum rules, please don't,but point me in the direction of somewhere I can buy it!)

Firstly: Rules for tin'eads in 2nd Edition 40K were published in White Dwarf UK 218 (the one with Digganob on the cover) shortly before the demise of 40k2E. These are basically the rules I used in constucting the article.

An editorial note on the article: Rebel Grot mobs who have taken on this scenario I've heard of are fantastic. And suicidal. Although I've heard of one coming out alive with three Gauss flayers (but only three Grots too...), so it IS possible to play with the weaker mobs. Just slightly insane.

In answer to the points Raised.

Yes, unless the Ork is in base-to-base contact with the tin'ead, he will be unable to pick up the Gauss-Flayer as it will have faded away. (Get hand-to-handing if you want rare and meaty gunz!) This is most useful if your mob won't be retiring at the end of the game.

Correct, if his Gun's been stolen, he's a hand-to-hand only machine. Obviously, therefore, no Ork can steal another Gauss Flayer off him either.

tin'eads can indeed run and charge, just as in 40K2E.

Destroyers follow the rules for Skimmers from the 40K 2nd Edition Rulebook. Their Slow speed is 8", Combat speed is 20" and Fast is 30". If you lack the 2nd edition 40K rules, treating as a bike is the next best thing.

The destroyer has its own Damage table in WD216. on a 1-2 the tin'ead Warrior is hit, and the normal rolls for a tin'ead being shot then take place. If the tin'ead is killed, the Destroyer moves out of control until it leaves the table, is destroyed, or the tin'ead makes a successful I'll be back roll.
On a 2-3 the Destroyer is hit. Roll a further D6 on the tin'ead Destroyer Damage table:

tin'ead Destroyer Damage (D6)

1 - Weapon destroyed.
2 - Engine Damaged. Slow speed (8") only from now on (or no thrusting if using bike rules)
3 - Controls Damaged - Roll a D6 every turn. On a 4-6 the destroyer moves as normal, on a 1-3 it moves as Out of Control (40K Rulebook: Skimmers) for that turn.
4 - Crash! The Destroyer moves Out of Control this turn and then crashes. Anybody under the Destroyer takes D3 strength 6 hits with a -2 save modifier.
5 - Crash! The Destroyer drops straight out of the air and is Destroyed. Anybody under the Destroyer takes D3 strength 6 hits with a -2 save modifier.
6 - Spectacular Explosion! The Destroyer moves Out of Control and explodes (blast 3" radius) Anyone in the Fireball takes D6 strength 6 hits with a -4 Save Modifier.

6) Metal Flayer
As for the Metal Flayer question I've seen elsewhere, yes, if you roll a 6 on either dice for Armour penetration, you can roll a further D6 and add that to your Armour penetration roll. That one was GW's fault for not completely reprinting the Metal Flayer special rule in Gubbinz. It's in WD218 if you need the full text again. (p25)

I'd like to apologise, as the article I submitted was a little longer than actually printed... they appear to have decided to let some bits get cut that were slightly necessary. Also I was about 13 years old when I wrote that article, so I'm sure you'll excuse me a couple of stupid errors!

I'll check up my magazine archive and probably post again to clarify some of that! Hope you enjoy playing it anyway! If anyone has any battle reports or photos of this scenario in action, I'd be very interested to see them. Any comments on the rules are also welcome, and I'll be happy to produce a second edition of the scenario should one be needed to help keep GM alive!

Andi