Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plastic Shokk Attack Gun

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Arnak

Arnak

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 160 posts
  • Army Name:Arnak's Steelskinz
Was really unwilling to buy new Mek with Shokk Attack Gun (I like heavy metal, but not when big miniatures are made of it!), so built my own, using a new Loota (and biker hand/boy head), class SAG spinning gubbinz and lots of bits from Robogear and 1:35 models (that huge wheel at its end is taken from T-34 engine for example :))

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Original one to compare:
Posted Image

grusmock

grusmock

telescoping arm

• Snakebitez
  • 509 posts
  • Army Name:da red cruzadezz
wow that looks great! yea i hate assembleing big metel minis (probly why i havent bought gazzi yet) i think you caught the orkyness of the gun very well. i do have to say the boy looks too small to be a big mek. maby a little bigger head? anyways nice job :thumbs
"Da old wayz ar' da best!" "We'z don't need yer stinken teknoligy!" "Is dat a double barreled 'xtra shooty mega blasta with 'xtra scopes and a red paint job?!?!" "Ill take five."

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
I was thinking of doing something like this, cept I wasn't gonna use the vacume suction thing. some sort of grot paint ball hopper on top I think would be awesome. :D Shade
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

Greyfen

Greyfen

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 603 posts
Well, there is no mistaking it's a Shock Attack Gun. It looks really good. Do you plan on beefing up the boy? Maybe add some plasticard platforms to his feed to make him stand a little taller, and/or use a slightly larger head like grusmock suggested? Or maybe using a mek head could easily convey the Mekness of him as well. Other then seeming a little short, it's good! :thumbs
Greyfen

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
In the original rules for the SAG I think it stated that a vortex just formed in front of the gun & the snots were sucked in. With the new hose configuration I'd imagine that the vortex would be right at the nozzle of the hose, With a gun that size you could fire out whole mobs of gorkamorka yoofs if you put the right sized nozzle on it.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Mongoose(waagh!)

Mongoose(waagh!)

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts
  • Army Name:Speed Junkie's
It's looking pretty gnarly! Can't wait to see it painted! Perhaps you should put some grotz hanging around to get sucked in! :lol
The greenskins have not mastered the art of space travel because
they simply do not care where they are going, only that they get to kill something
when they get there.

http://frankies-town.myminicity.com/
Help my city grow my green skin brothers!

Spankyho

Spankyho

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 46 posts
  • Army Name:Borthug Bonegrata's WaaAaagh
Way better than the original, I think. I like it even without the spinny thing on the front.

Resvrgam

Resvrgam

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 103 posts
  • Army Name:Da Flyin Fingz
I like it, esp the smallness of the mek. The size was a bit off for me at first but i like the way he is all crushed under the weight of the gun. It is such a characterful and powerful (well some of the time) table top weapon that the single model normally doesn't really do it justice. I think you've cracked it however, tres bon!

Targetlokk

Targetlokk

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 128 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimson Freebooterz
Awesome conversion! i agree that he needs something to make him look more mekky such as a mek head.

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
Good work - it's pretty clear what it is, and I like all the detail. What's missing is the most distinctive feature of the SAG, which is the spinny gubbins on the 'muzzle'. That's all it needs, IMO.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

ShadowStrike

ShadowStrike

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:Unuver Go
I like the fact that its a ridiculously large gun on an ork. The look, like res stated, is fitting as it looks like the ork is almost being crushed. Oh, and your model > GW's

Greven

Greven

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 438 posts
  • Army Name:Generul Gobgar's DeffSkwadron

Way better than the original, I think. I like it even without the spinny thing on the front.

Agreed , i bought the spearhead box, and i'll surely endup converting him so eather hold something else or maybe make him into a nob or something

tho i'm quite fond of your conversion, i feel that you need to beef up he's muscles and maybe add a more characterful head
Dere is a new ork god, 'is name is Fork. and 'e brings revelusjonery teknologee
Fork

for any mek there is no clear line between werk and wrek

Arnak

Arnak

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 160 posts
  • Army Name:Arnak's Steelskinz
Thanks for your comments, I indeed decided to make the big mek slightly bigger - now he has a nob's head and new bionik 'eavy duty legs for a better surface grip :) Hopefully it didn't ruin the 'crushed' look either.

I also added more detail to the shokk attack gun and even used a fantasy snotling - or, to be more precise, his legs (his top part will be going to another conversion, which is coming soon :))

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Skaven Dave

Skaven Dave

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 254 posts
  • Army Name:Grimfang's Ladz
If you're after a bit beefier plastic legs and torso, I'd highly recommend the Plastic FB command sprue, which has a good sized set of legs and torso on it for the Nob. Very nice model by the way, I love the over complex worky bitz!
...Hi, my name's Dave and I'm an Orkaholic...

Instructions on Landmines for Grots: Dig hole, place landmine, cover with earth, stamp down firmly...

Greyfen

Greyfen

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 603 posts
Ace! :thumbs The modification to the legs and head a superb, great job!
Greyfen

Drew Da Destroya!

Drew Da Destroya!

'Ead Graft

• Speed Freaks
  • 714 posts
  • Army Name:None, yet, still workin on my Fluff
I can't wait to see where the other half of that Snotling ends up...
However, as we know, Gorkamorka favours the hopeless optimist and players who hold back on their shots should be jeered loudly.

grusmock

grusmock

telescoping arm

• Snakebitez
  • 509 posts
  • Army Name:da red cruzadezz

I can't wait to see where the other half of that Snotling ends up...

me too

looks much better and it doesnt hid the crushed look i dont think :thumbs
"Da old wayz ar' da best!" "We'z don't need yer stinken teknoligy!" "Is dat a double barreled 'xtra shooty mega blasta with 'xtra scopes and a red paint job?!?!" "Ill take five."

Spankyho

Spankyho

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 46 posts
  • Army Name:Borthug Bonegrata's WaaAaagh
Ok even better with the spinny thing. To think I passed on buying a bunch of those things about 5 years ago because " I had no need for them" :( never pass up a deal.

burnaboy

burnaboy

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 160 posts
a really amazing conversion! love the over-sized SAG (looks much better then the original)
maybe you could add some wires and stuff to the legs to show they're mechanical ones.

(his top part will be going to another conversion, which is coming soon :) )

I got an idea of what it could be, but I won't tell anything about it until you posted it^^.. looking forward to seeing the rest of the snotling and the whole project finished

greetz

AzhrarnX

AzhrarnX

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 148 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH VolMax!!!!
Very nice conversion!

I was thinking about doing something similar.

Not because I don't like the GW model (I think it is spiffy)

I just have a Squigton of bitz and I am known for making unique conversions in my local circle.

The sad thing though is with the current list I have a Warboss and a Bigmek with a KFF. I would never go into battle without a KFF. The SAG would be something I would field in Apocalypse only as there is no force org.

As a side note I saw the tubes and thought.."Wait..I have bendy straws!! I got them for conversions..Brilliant usage!!"

Kudos!! :thumbs

"I neva getz tired uv da lifta droppa...neva I tells ya..."

My stuff