Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Copyright over images and icons

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
We have had some issues with people and even other websites using imagery from this site without asking for permission from the copyright owners. Please don't do this. The people who created this imagery have spent a lot of time and effort making the Waaagh unique. In particular:

- the artwork at the top of Waaagh website and at the top of these forums was created by Paul 'Nightserpent' Carrick, and he asserts copyright over that artwork, and

- all of the Ork-themed emoticons, buttons, glyphs and graphics were created by Tim 'Grimteef' Wollweber, and he asserts copyright over them.

They take a very serious view of any unauthorised use of their work. If you see any of this imagery being used anywhere else, please report it to the HQ for action.

Thanks

Da Management

Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

WAAGHnumbnuts

WAAGHnumbnuts

Steel Hornz

• Blood Axez
  • 633 posts
Have to crack down on those gitz! I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all the nobs as you guys have really made this site great, especially all the reorganization thats been going on lately. I think that the 'fluff' that goes into this forum is part of what really makes it feel like a 'komoonitee'. Especially this glyph: :choppa that makes me smile every time! Good lookin' out bosses! :cheers
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"
BLAM BLAM

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Man up and give credit where credit is due - some people have put much more effort than they should have or needed to in making The-Waaagh such an awesome site - pleae give them thier due and not steal from them. Also, along the same lines, if you see Rotgut da Brewboss making some beer please remind him that he owes CannibalBob a pint...
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Ein

Ein

Yellow Paint Job

• Boyz
  • 1,492 posts
  • Army Name:I still don't actually have a name for 'em.
I do believe I've been usin' the emoticons periodically on The Warforge, but if it's an issue I will start diggin' through my old posts on there and remove them where they crop up.
Like my work? Check my blog!
http://www.the-warforge.com
Resin-cast bits and bobs for your armies!
WARFORGED MINIATURES

Adventures of a Prehistoric Puppet!
MURRAY THE DINOSAUR

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,571 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
This really is a great site & the hard work of all those who slave away to make it so is genuinely appreciated.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 723 posts
  • Army Name:Klan Fishheadz
Just for clarification, can we use these for things like MSN and other instant messaging services if we give proper acreditation?
For da Greena Good!
My Gitz
W:6 D:2 L:2
Current project: Painting Loota's and burna's and trukkboyz (oh my!). Additionally starting Lizardman warhost. Anyone with ideas can PM me
Being a Whiner is easy if your deffinition of inadequate is flexible enough

gnat

gnat

Lost In Da Warp

• Nobz
  • 1,735 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Nazgork
please note, I am not speaking directly for either of the two artists. In the past, both have stated something to the effect that they did not wish to dilute this site's unique style by granting permissions for other uses of the aforementioned artwork.

In any case, the smart thing to do, is do not use these works in any way, until you have direct permission from the artists who created them. the internet makes it easy to steal from people, but that doesn't make it legal or ethical.
"a burna template is worth a thousand words...." -Nightserpent

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 723 posts
  • Army Name:Klan Fishheadz
Alight, ill get rid of them now. There just so dead proppa!
For da Greena Good!
My Gitz
W:6 D:2 L:2
Current project: Painting Loota's and burna's and trukkboyz (oh my!). Additionally starting Lizardman warhost. Anyone with ideas can PM me
Being a Whiner is easy if your deffinition of inadequate is flexible enough

Nightserpent

Nightserpent

Arch Arsonist

• Bosses
  • 8,487 posts
  • Army Name:Der Red Kobraz
I'd definitely get permission from a copyright owner before using their intellectual property. A commonly perpetuated (and somewhat dangerous myth) is that everything on the internet is free and public domain. Without permission, it qualifies as theft. I'm not saying this to just be a hard-ass, I'm just sharing friendly advice to help protect my fellow greenskinz. :yes

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
As another artist I totally agree with this sentiment. My style, my living, my future... everything is hinged around my art and abilities... if someone takes and uses (i.e. bastardizes) my work without acknowledgement, I in-turn lose credibility. Likewise people taking images and claiming as their own works is a terrible shame, as it puts any artist's portfolio in question. The flavor of this site is one of the things that helped me become so immersed in Orks. The art is a large factor in that and I appreciate the effort that went into that.
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

Gutzmeg

Gutzmeg

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 222 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skullcrushas
While it is extremely easy to use images from the internet, without permission from the copyright owner you can be charged (royalties or sommat like that). Its not cheap, lots and lots of teef.
Da Kroosade
Da Boyz
QUOTE (waaanial00 @ May 30 2008, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Feck, which idiot sent these dates out. Im going to crack their skulls."

QUOTE (Kr00zA @ Aug 20 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As they really is no point searching for battlewagon topicz for example, if someone has titled thier thread 'I love Sausages!'

Dezartfox

Dezartfox

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Yeah, artists work has auto copyright that lasts for their life time +7- years XD

I think the Waagh and the PapaNurgle forums should have smiley wars! I make the smilies for Papanurgle.. and whatdoya know.. I'm called Tim too.. creepy.

So I take you're Ork smileys, and waggle our Nurgle Bum smiley in your faces as a form of challenge! ;)

Posted Image

yamasaki

yamasaki

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 0 posts
Thank you ^^

Holiday Palace is the courage of people have the courage to dare to lose. Dare to play the courage to dare to try hard. Just for fun in the Holiday Palace