Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mega Cy-klone Warboss/bike

* * * * * 2 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
So while working on my MA armor designs I had a few inspirations.

Wouldn't it be cool to make a Robotech Cyclone Warboss.

I've always loved the ion canon bikes by Soylent bob, Agatheron, and few others. How awesome would it be for one of those to become Mega Armor?!

I printed 2 copies of my design at 120%, and put it on thicker card, so he is a bit bigger than Ghazzy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its tricky to take pictures of him, but here are his parts laid out.

Might use fish'ead thingies for hubcaps, since that'll make it more anime.

Not sure where to put the ion canon when its in armor mode, might need to cut it in half...
its still rough, but I want to take it slow...

ideas?

Frozt

Frozt

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 277 posts
  • Army Name:((work in progress))
an orky Robotech vehicle? its crazy! so do it :biggrin as far as the ion cannon is conserned, you could probably hack off the barrel at an area and turn it into a snazzy new engine for da bike. With the fish'ead hub caps, mebbe they're using those engines to help trudge this new beast along!, have them angled so the exhaust is pointing towards the back of the bike (i.e. make the enginy parts look like its making da bike move forward). making it transform ( " 'ow da 'eck is dat goin ta work?!?!" :? ) is another dilemma altogether
"Wat? fouty-too aint no ansher for squat! Scratch-buildin, now dat's an ansher!"

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
I must have been a bit unclear, allow me to better explain...

I'm planning to make two Warboss models. One will be mounted on a warbike, the other in Mega armor. They won't have the ability to transform back and forth, just look like they can.

I wish I could do the actual functional transforming model, believe me I've thought it through...

That'd require first making a hinged/posable ork. At this point the only way I could imagine doing that would be making it a much larger scale, possibly like soulbrother73 did,

Then I'd have to model the armor much closer to the classic toy design, and most likely even base the model off one of the new toy Cyclones when they come out, but they are a bit pricey, and I don't know I'd have the heart to alter such a cool toy...

I've chopped the engine block/ ion canon and started arranging the parts, I'm having a bit of difficulty with how to start the frame, but could use some pointers on where to start...

yes I've done a search :P

Here are some of the inspirational models/threads I've been looking at...
Soylent bob's
Agatheron's mk2
Agatheron's mk1
Greenstuff's anime drawings
Greenstuff's model
Quase's
Ein's
Graaagzap's

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
BIKE MODE

Posted Image

Posted Image
the frame was much easier than I'd expected. I just used a bit of plastic strip and a couple tubed reinforced with copper wire, which I heated and bent around the ion canon.

Posted Image

there is a bit of tubing for the steering mechanism, and the shape of the fist armor/gas tank allows the front to pivot when it turns...

The new bike wheels felt a bit small on this one, so I took two wheels from the new truck kit.

Posted Image

I considered using the chain from one of the bikes, but it felt too weedy, so I opted for half of the track from one of the bikes, with a fork for the brakes

Posted Image

I need to finish off the ends of the wire, and finish the front of the seat, might add some shocks too, and

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next I was trying to figure out where to mount the dakka gun, and how to equip the boss aside from his powerklaw. (The shoota/scorcha is just tacked in place for now)...

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Your really goin to town w/ the ideas this month! I like the last pic. It seems more tilted then the 2nd. A good look for the final pose would be to have him in a skin layin the bike down but reaching across himself w/ the combi shoota layin down some fire.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
You should glue the shoota-skorcha in place, and mount the dakkaguns on the handlebars, like on beakie bikes. It's coming along nicely! :thumbs
Current projects:
BattleFortress from Baneblade!
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob
Better scratchbuilt battlewagon

Support orkytown! Click here and here! Click one per day!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
But then the question arises... Why was your looted wagon facing backwards?

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
hrm, still not sure about the gun mount, I don't want to interfere too much with the bike's shape, since its beginning to feel pretty Akira, but I'm open to suggustions...

ARMOR MODE

still very in progress...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think I'm going to place the ion engine on his back with the wheels out to the sides. Like shoulder pads or a bit like the shape of a beakie's backpack.

I need to figure out the hips and shoulders. I'm thinking I'll need more greenstuff, a bit of larger tubing for the waist and shoulders, and some ogre arms would be nice as well, but I'm at work too often to get to a store any time soon, so bah...

gallery

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Posted Image

used some wire to put it together. the wheels are just sitting in place for now,

Posted Image

This deffgun seems to fit alright on the handle bars for the bike's dakka gun, not sure I lke it there yet, so I haven't glued it in place.

Posted Image

not sure if the wheels work better like shoulders or back more like a backpack, any opinions?

Posted Image

This is closer to how they are on the Cyclone, but shoulder pads might make more sense...

Posted Image

Barry inspekts the new armor with Wuzzat Shiny-Fing. It towers over Mega-mek Gog 'ead at 3" tall...

Posted Image

obiviously he'll need rivets wires, a body, some hydraulics and such, but he is coming together...

Sooo, next decisions: gun, tire position, and I'll also need start coming up with good name(s) for these guys,

gallery

Urtyfist Gorok

Urtyfist Gorok

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 188 posts
  • Army Name:Da Red Fists
I like where you are going with this now... It was a little hard to "get it" early WIP but now... very kool! Bike form is great and I really like standing! Autobots.. Roll out :P Do you think mounting the gun on the front tire might work? Urty
"I dont get it..."

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
Ork Transformers? Bike And Megaarmor? God, is that you? I'm very unsure what to say to make this any more awesome...
A genuinly profound and witty signature

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
I like the wheels as shoulders pads, its more like the OG. I Dont know about making the guns the same way. Having the guns out front doesnt seem too logical, this guy probably drives @ ramming speed everywhere he goes. Leave where they or mount them low on the body of the bike, otherwise it looks like youd hafta mess with the gob if you mount them somewhere else on the handlebars.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
I've been lazy on the updates but the work has been coming along.

I got a bunch of duplicate bike parts from thewarstore.com, more GS and some of the grandt line rivets which are helping a lot.

Posted Image

poor barry looks so small :biggrin

I feel like they are looking similar enough to see the transformation, so now its just a matter of finishing up the last details...

Posted Image

Armor mode.

Posted Image

His body could use more muscle, its just tough sculpting around the armor.

his knees need to be riveted.

The skorcha needs a tank, hose, and lighter, but those bits have been troubling me.

Posted Image

The arms that the wheels are on (the bike's forks) need reinforcments and hinges, as they are bare wire ATM
Posted Image

The klaw's hinges need to be GSed down to the fist, rivets for the pivot of the hinges, and wires for the hydraulics
Posted Image

Bike mode

The same things need to be done to his klaw as the armor mode.

Posted Image

I keep thinking the bike needs more, but I'm not sure what. Exhausts? More rivets? I'm stuck, any advice would be appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Drabber This thing is turning out fantastic. The one thing that I would recommend is perhaps beefing up the area on "bike mode" near the engine. The tubing looks a bit thin for mega armor. I have really enjoyed watching this thing come along. Great execution :cheers Lorax
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Thanks, Lorax. I'll see if I can't make the frame a bit tougher looking around the ion canon/engine.

Also I forgot to add this link for a ton more pics...

Gallery

grimor'piel'ierro

grimor'piel'ierro

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 92 posts
  • Army Name:Matasan0zZ
you can do a little motor in the bikes if u wont... and i think they are very bigs... is ok, nice but pint it :thumbs

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Great work on the bike. This is one of the coolest concepts ever.

you can do a little motor in the bikes if u wont...
and i think they are very bigs...

is ok, nice but pint it :thumbs

You remind me of the PoliceMan from 'Ello 'Ello ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

SamuriaOrk

SamuriaOrk

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 139 posts
  • Army Name:GoreGutz's Horde

Ork Transformers?
Bike And Megaarmor?
God, is that you?

I'm very unsure what to say to make this any more awesome...

haha! i love it!
Ork transformers, now that made me laugh! :lol

"Morka-Bots! Transform! Waaagh!"

But seriously, this is an awesome idea!
all seems to be coming out really well too :)
love it! :thumbs
f*#k talking.....
WAAAGH!

SamUraI OrK wAZ 'Ere

Madhakk

Madhakk

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 114 posts
Really nice work there Drabber! The bike looked so good but then the transformation to Mega-armour...damn cool! They should get some kind of upgrade in the codex for this. I can see the Warboss revvin' up his bike and then turbo-boostin' right in the enemy line to transform and bash the living hell out of 'em...what more do you need?! Very nice idea and great build, looks dead 'ard! Can't wait to see it finished.

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Thanks for the encouraging words.

Just finished all the details I could come up with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The scorcha is done, I like the way the gun barrels form fingers and the tank a thumb.

Posted Image

Exhausts

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

gauges headlights and power cords

Posted Image

Powerklaw with powercord.

Posted Image

Posted Image

more images

Can anyone see room for improvment before I primer these guys?

Any other comments?

I might take a knife and clean up a bit of the GS, but otherwise I can't see anything else to do...

-drabber

Lugnut McGrot

Lugnut McGrot

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:Lugnut'z Evil Sunz
Nice work man, can't wait to see them painted.
QUOTE (Lugnut McGrot @ Apr 4 2008, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice work.

Hi
Just wanted to say 'well done!' though admittedly sarcasticly
Not only this the above post completely unconstructive and not insightful in the least.. around ere we call that Spam.
But you also posted into a thread which hadnt beeing posted into in over two years.

The shear idiocy of it made me smile. Havent had a craptastic post like that in a while.

KroozA