Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scratchbuilt battlewagon- this time better!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Here's a few pics of the core of a battlewagon I'll be making, and before you tell me to use plasticard, I'll inform you that the outside will be made from high quality cardboard.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Please actually reply to this. Please
Current projects:
BattleFortress from Baneblade!
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob
Better scratchbuilt battlewagon

Support orkytown! Click here and here! Click one per day!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
But then the question arises... Why was your looted wagon facing backwards?

Kuhfeek

Kuhfeek

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts
Rolly, very rolly indeed. Make sure da rolly part gots some spikey gubbins on it. Crushin' 'umies are funner when dey get stuk.

AzhrarnX

AzhrarnX

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 148 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH VolMax!!!!
The core looks good so far.

Cardboard/Heavy Cardstock does well. Just don't fight in humid environments!

My rule is more gubbins/bits/parts/rust/grots in dangerous situations/guns/guns/more guns!!!!

Oh and rivets!

I will be eagerly following your progress!

"I neva getz tired uv da lifta droppa...neva I tells ya..."

My stuff

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Oh its nowhere near done! :laughs manaically. It'll have plenty of gunz! But I didn't think about the weapon placement. A rokkit silo for a lobba, and many big shootas mounted on the platform. I don't know what to do with the sides though, hmmmm. EDIT: and about the 'umies gettin stuk, I'm havin a bits trade with an 'umie player soon. It'll actually have an 'umie on it! Hurhurhur
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
UPDATE!
I've armor plated the deffrolla, and gone through the painstaking job of gapfilling(I'm not even done yet!).
Posted Image
Posted Image
It seems I have an armored krumpany now, almost entirely unforseen.
Posted Image
And guess what I use to clear out the lid of my glue... Nothing less than a looted tyranid!
Posted Image

C&C welcomed and needed.
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Drew Da Destroya!

Drew Da Destroya!

'Ead Graft

• Speed Freaks
  • 714 posts
  • Army Name:None, yet, still workin on my Fluff
This is a Battelwagon, correct? It's looking a little small, honestly. I'd probably widen it a bit, and possibly make it slightly longer. Basically, make that main deck a bit bigger, so you can fit a decent sized gun, or some type of piloting area, or build up a tower/platform thing for gunz and boyz. Either that, or build some platforms on the sides for the boyz to ride along on. Other than the Deffrolla, what kind of upgrades were you thinking?
However, as we know, Gorkamorka favours the hopeless optimist and players who hold back on their shots should be jeered loudly.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Itz da Korrigated-Kard Klan!... A deadly unstoppable force... untill it rainz! ;) Your scratch building skillz look good... but sadly being wasted on your cheap nasty building materials. Hope to see you with some proppa plasticard soon ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
If only i didn't have to make a $30 order to ship internationally, then pay $15 to ship, then pay twice as much to change to my currency, I'd do it. ;) The only place I've found that has value for $ and good shipping prices is here, which requires a minimum purchase of $30 for international shipping.
Also, I should probarbly stop building vehicles. I have more tanks than boyz!
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Where're you shopping from, the US? There's plenty of online stockists over there. Try searching for "sheet styrene".

Drew Da Destroya!

Drew Da Destroya!

'Ead Graft

• Speed Freaks
  • 714 posts
  • Army Name:None, yet, still workin on my Fluff
I'm pretty sure Dakka's an Aussie. Ozzie?
However, as we know, Gorkamorka favours the hopeless optimist and players who hold back on their shots should be jeered loudly.

KingNic

KingNic

Stainless Steel Skull

• Speed Freaks
  • 575 posts
Make sure you check the local ebay - that's where I get mine from.

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
I'm from NZ, near ozzie.

Well, I made quite a lot of progress:
The grabbin klaw/ wrekkin ball. Haven't decided which yet.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The platform it's mounted on:
Posted Image
A pile of junk:
Posted Image
Da big gun:
Posted Image
And a front on pic:
Posted Image

C&C welcome as always
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

the varks

the varks

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
looking good, except for the fact that moisture would ruin its day. for plasticard try ebay, theres a few good aussie shops that sell styrene and ships to new zealand cheap. or you could try ice cream containers, plastic signs and the like. their should be a few hobby shops that sell model railway and stuff, just ask them for sheet styrene. Marco

Widge567

Widge567

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
  • Army Name:Bone Crumpin' Boyz
Why not magnitize the wrecking ball/grabbin' klaw
Founder of the Bone Crumpin' Boyz
Lead by Warboss Nagrak

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Thats one wicked 'ard krumpany ya got. ONce you do get enough teef to get your hands on some good materials you'll be crankin out top notch stuff. I shop there too. if you ever do get the teef to make a purchase you should get a couple of odds & ends bags. theyre all different sizes & thicknesses as well as square tubing & piping. Keep up the good work. It would nice to see some paint on these but im sure theyd warp or something. Maybe some spray paint & simple highlights might not be too bad.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
I think I'll just save up 80 NZD and suck it up, at least I'll have somewhere around 5 kgs of plasticard, and a kilometre of tubing :eek
Well, This project is not going to just stop like so many others have. I have a new technique for making rivets. Just put a splodge of glue on some newspaper, take a tiny bit on a fine paintbrush, and put it where the rivet will go. But make them too big, they shrink when drying. :yes
Posted Image
Posted Image
Then just glue it on.
Posted Image
I have to hold it up to the light for them to be visible, as the glue dries clear. Painting will sort that out though.
Posted Image

I've detailed the sides now as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Continued in next post.
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Now I need to choose where to mount the grabbin klaw/wrekkin ball(will be magnetised, thanks Widge567)
Position A:
Posted Image
Position B:
Posted Image
Position C:
Posted Image
Position D:
Posted Image
Or just for fun, Position E:
Posted Image

Get yer vote in now!
(C&C still welcome)
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
E but with its own sponson to that it sits vertically. if its a claw it wont hafta be too big to reach something on the ground & if its a wrecking ball itll only bounce against the sides & not over the top whackin any boys in da head, though that would be funny
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Ok, I wasn't actually considering E, but it could look pretty good. Any more votes?
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Widge567

Widge567

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
  • Army Name:Bone Crumpin' Boyz
Position B
Founder of the Bone Crumpin' Boyz
Lead by Warboss Nagrak