Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lootas

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
I've not been around much recently due to work, but I have been keeping it green.

Once I read the new codex I knew I needed some Lootas in my growing waaagh for the krazy amount of dakka they can generate, so I've raided my bitz box and the new spearhead and started on a squad of 15.

First 4 are stock models from the spearhead - just added a few gubbinz to some of the less detailed areas:
Posted Image

Posted Image

The next 4 are the product of a deep bitz-box - 3 are still to have left arms added by the Dok. ;)

5th one - extended belt-fed big shoota with underslung melta and auxillary rokkit:
Posted Image

6th one - lascannon with drum-fed heavy stubber:
Posted Image

7th one - clip-fed autocannon with underslung burna:
Posted Image

8th one - drum-fed autocannon with underslung flamer and shoota:
Posted Image

Hope to get 7 more made by the 27th when I have to field 7000 points of orks against 2 skumgrods. :dakka

Watch this space for updates. All C&C appreciated. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Greenskin87

Greenskin87

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
  • Army Name:Gold'n 'Orns
Nince Guns!! I like them very 'Uge and 'Urty! :dakka You put them all on large bases, i suppose cos ove falling over reasons? All in all a nice job, must look great painted

brutalis

brutalis

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 596 posts
Awesome work. These are very well done and are easily equal to the new ones. Congrats.

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz
These look amazing, well done. I hope to see them paintd soon, keep up the good work! Keg

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,478 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Some very nice builds, G-N. The will make a lovely mob. I'm hoping you're going to do some over the shoulder mounts like the new lootaz because I'd really like to see what you come up with. :cheers
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Brother Prometheus

Brother Prometheus

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:Ultras, DE
Hmmmm me likes them ! now get those painted ! :biggrin

bad buddha

bad buddha

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:big mek Ork-skar and his inglorius bastards!
i will definetly be looting some of those! :biggrin
Dra skinnet bakåt...
a cheap hobby is not a real hobby!

Widge567

Widge567

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
  • Army Name:Bone Crumpin' Boyz
Definatly love the look of those lootas from 'the deep of the bitz boz' Nice lootin'the arms from the burnaz
Founder of the Bone Crumpin' Boyz
Lead by Warboss Nagrak

Warboss Kurluk

Warboss Kurluk

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 105 posts
Nicely done, my scratch built lootas apparently will need more bitz as they look plain compared to these
Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.

photos: www.pbase.com/stecal

gnat

gnat

Lost In Da Warp

• Nobz
  • 1,735 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Nazgork
really fun stuff. I'm happy to see you using the new burnaboy backpack/harness bitz for lootas.. that's just the sort of thing I was planning on doing. I cant help but feel like the over-the-shoulder lootas feel a little bit awkward, nothing to do with your skills in assembly, I'm just not convinced by the original sculptor's weapon harness. maybe my opinion of them will improve when I see them in person, but in the photos I've seen, the pose just feels unnatural. it's probably due to the limitations of casting, but the left arm just feels really tacked on and uninspired. anyway, my misgivings on the base models aside, I really dig the conversions! I can't wait to start mucking about with them myself!
"a burna template is worth a thousand words...." -Nightserpent

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Thanks for all the feedback guys. :cheers

Greenskin87 - I tried smaller bases but thought the massive guns made them look crowded. I think the larger bases look better, are more stable and allow for some cool bases - I'm thinking piles of spent shell cases. :dakka

MGD - Your wish is my command - see the new boys below for shoulder and harness mounts in progress.

gnat - the new models are definitely full of great bits, but the poses are somewhat off to my eyes too. Your comment about the left arms appearing redundant made me smile as in this month's white dwarf they mention that they chose the new design for lootas so as to give the left arm something to do. ;)

Managed to get a bit more done in between recovering from xmas and playing aporkalips for the first time - my tacked together lootas ripped through panzee guardians and vypers with ease. :thumbs

4 more boyz started - all still heavily WIP but I thought I'd share my progress.

#9 - twin-linked big shoota. Will probably get a rokkit too:
Posted Image

#10 - multi-melta and kustom slugga. Am planning a large backpack to generate power:
Posted Image

#11 - twin-linked dakka guns and kustom shoota:
Posted Image

#12 - twin-linked dakka guns, slugga and rokkit:
Posted Image

For the last 2 I've tried to replicate the harness that the new models have - still some way to go - will add alot more bracing and straps.

The whole mob so far:
Posted Image

Won't have much time over the next few days for orkiness, but hope to get these guys finished next weekend.

All C&C appreciated. :cheers

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,134 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
Very nice stuff. I was planning on using the burna-boyz straps for my lootas as well. Great minds think alike I guess! I like the big bases as well. You can do a lot more decorative stuff with a large base and they are less prone to falling over. The unit is a bit larger to deploy - but these guys tend to sit at the back anyways. I was planning on ordering a bunch of resin bases to update my army, and I think I will order extra 40mm bases.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Mud

Mud

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
I am thinking some of this may be dangerously close to Flash Gitz, being new to orks and having read the codex, the major diffrence being the eye targeter between the two and the flasy bling incorporated on the flash gitz models themselves. Now my observation aside, very cool work done there and to be upfront and honest, plan on stealing some of those ideas for mine, as I have the spearhead as well. Nice work! Mud

Snogrot Beaky Basha

Snogrot Beaky Basha

The Fun Slayer

• Deathskullz
  • 62 posts
  • Army Name:Snogrot's Beaky Basha's
BRILLIIANT! :thumbs

gnat

gnat

Lost In Da Warp

• Nobz
  • 1,735 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Nazgork

I am thinking some of this may be dangerously close to Flash Gitz, being new to orks and having read the codex, the major diffrence being the eye targeter between the two and the flasy bling incorporated on the flash gitz models themselves.

Flashgitz have nob profiles, and so it would make sense to use nob models with upgraded shootas for that unit.
"a burna template is worth a thousand words...." -Nightserpent

Dreachon

Dreachon

Lobotomy

• Deathskullz
  • 751 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
Loota deffguns are just so much fun to convert yourself, I'm working on 6 new weapons myself and I might have to loot some of your ideas, so got plans for the remaining deffguns, you know you want more.

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,162 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
These are very cool. I think you've managed to capture the feel of the kits with your variations - some of yours look just as good as the kit versions. Judging from the group shot, it's going to be a great looking unit. I think long-barreled guns look best on these guys, as they suit their long range; as with everyone else, I will be shamelessly stealing your ideas for my Lootas :cheers

As for the comments about the basic kit's design, I think they look much better in real life. The approach they've adopted allows them to put detail all over the model. It also means the guns can be big - if they'd been posed the same way as the Orks carrying bit shootas and rokkits, then the guns would have had to be quite 'flat' so as to clear the ground and leave room for the Ork's head. They also made the point in the design notes in WD that this configuration means the Lootas are easier to see amid a sea of green models. And of course you can always make some of your own in a different pose, as Gaf Naz has, do add some variety.

I am thinking some of this may be dangerously close to Flash Gitz, being new to orks and having read the codex, the major diffrence being the eye targeter between the two and the flasy bling incorporated on the flash gitz models themselves.

The single converted Flash Git in the codex is based on a Nob figure, and his gun is pretty large. Gaf Naz's are all pretty close to the official models, so I think they're the right amount of kustomisation. I suspect we'll be getting metal Flash Gitz in due course...
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Kronork

Kronork

particularly odious and dishonest barrister

• Speed Freaks
  • 2,564 posts
These look really good, the conversions to do more Lootas is very nice, great stuff. :thumbs Look forward to seeing a unit painted(the waaagh first?). Cheers

Hac in hora,
sine mora,
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem, sternit fortem
mecum omnes plangite!

Warboss Kurluk

Warboss Kurluk

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 105 posts
Ok, you convinced me -- I was sitting on the burna sprue and the plastic rockit & big shoota until I figure out what to do with it. Now they are dedicated to more lootas. I love the multimelta loota gun you made - now I must copy it.
Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.

photos: www.pbase.com/stecal

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Cheers for the komments guys. :cheers

Glad some people are planning to loot my loota's looted loot. :biggrin

Kronork - the new codex means I've had to change every unit in my waaagh, so now I don't have a single completely painted unit. Getting these boyz done would be a Gaf-Naz first, let alone a Waaagh first! :lol

Mud - being a proppa Bad Moon, these guys were always going to end out flashier than your average loota. Any lootas hanging around in Gaf-Naz's warband are bound to 'acquire' the flashiest guns. ;)

But this does leave me with the dillemma of making my planned flash gitz mob look sufficiently flashier - that's for another day though.

Got one more done (minus left arm). He's packing a heavy bolter and heavy flamer combo:
Posted Image

Only 2 more (plus alot of extra detailing and left arms on the other 13) to go and they'll be ready for :dakka

More tomorrow night. All C&C appreciated. :cheers