Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dim's Been Published

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Well I'm currently in shock, which can no doubt be expected.

Seeing as the-waaagh is my home, I suppose I should come here and blag seeing as I don't go anywhere else.

Here's a link to the Culexus Article hope you like.

Just thought I'd share it seeing as I seem to remember mailing it at least a year ago, I think possibly two!

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
lol - I've been so slated for it too - the bunch on the Conclave have given me the black spot...

Zog

Zog

Wants Panzies

• Bad Moonz
  • 484 posts
  • Army Name:Zogs Boyz
Congratulations mate Nice one :thumbs
Gone crazy.... Back soon....

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Kommando

• Blood Axez
  • 969 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz
:cheers Good going! Now you just have to get GW to accept your Grot write ups. :thumbs
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
Awesome! Great going! also awesome to see a post in the inquisitor section, have you playtested the Culexus?
A genuinly profound and witty signature

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
Not in a number of years - I sent the thing off a long time ago. I revisited it recently, and its rules make it interesting, but the rules are quite complicated, a little fuzzy in places - and it has a few issues of clarity. These days I would have done something similar, but not as it is now. It got slated in the Conclave though, although mostly they were bothered about how "unfluffy" the rules are - they got a bit... personal. Still, I'm not going to argue with people who are concerned with "Accepted Facts" on a science fiction game - still, I probably shouldn't have been published. Still, I've read a lot of Inquisitor characters, and they didn't go into as much depth as me - maybe that's why i got published. Trouble is I haven't played Inquisitor in years - its down to people who still do to argue the merits.

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
"I can honestly say without being cocky that these are a damn fine set of rules" how very you! :P Well done on getting your submission approved by Fanatic though :cheers

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
I actually really wish I didn't write that, because I'm wrong.

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef
Wow, I can't believe I missed this. Congratulations, Dim Reapa!

If it helps, the rules look great to me.
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
I don't think the criticism on the conclave is about how the rules work - but the way they work, and my wording - they said things like "We all know how Culexuses really work" - well obviously not, you div. The comments they made are totally irrelivant to the average gamer - if you like the rules, use them, its just I didn't do research, I used my own interpretation - according to the conclave, that isn't permitted.

Gutzmeg

Gutzmeg

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 222 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skullcrushas
I have no udea what the conclve is (please dont slate me :P ) but those rules were easy to understand, and was worded fine to me.
Da Kroosade
Da Boyz
QUOTE (waaanial00 @ May 30 2008, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Feck, which idiot sent these dates out. Im going to crack their skulls."

QUOTE (Kr00zA @ Aug 20 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As they really is no point searching for battlewagon topicz for example, if someone has titled thier thread 'I love Sausages!'

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,851 posts
Its more about how the rules are seen to work than how they work - basically its just hard core geeks who seem to think there are clear storybased facts from a Science Fiction game. Its fiction, I made up how I thought it should work rather than how a culexus "really" works - dropped a bit of a b****** there I think...