Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kustom Mega-Blastas

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Dr. Clockwork

Dr. Clockwork

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
What do you guys use to represent kustom mega-blastas on your mekboyz/vehicles? I'm a bit stumped as to how to convert these up. Thanks in advance!

oberst_kramer

oberst_kramer

Kommando

• Bad Moonz
  • 967 posts
  • Army Name:Tuznik Boneshaka' 'Eavystomping Horde
Anything that has something that looks high-teck. Cables, coils, strange barrels. Think Orkified Plasma Cannons if that serves you.

My Deff-Dredd with twin Blasta looks like this:

Posted Image
More Krumpin' and less talkin'

Jean-Luc Picard ends with 'Ard!

"There's a difference between bein' Smart boy an' bein' a Smart Git Gimzod"- Kommanda Uzgob, from Deff Skwadron

Waaagh Tuznik's Noo Codex kill tally sofar: W:18 D:3 L:3

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Kommando

• Blood Axez
  • 969 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz
Heh with the wide barrels those look more like grotzookas to me. But yeah, a KMB needs to look like some kind of energy gun, I'd say cobble toghether some plasma and melta guns and strap a lascannon power pack to it.
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

Fuggorf

Fuggorf

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 119 posts
  • Army Name:Badgob'z Waaagh!
Just take some inspiration from the ones on the Big mek, and the new loota/burna Meks... better yet, buy them :lol

Dr. Clockwork

Dr. Clockwork

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts

Just take some inspiration from the ones on the Big mek, and the new loota/burna Meks... better yet, buy them :lol

I plan on mounting them on a few vehicles, I don't plan to buy THAT many loota kits!

stormboy

stormboy

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 157 posts
I find fish'ead bits very useful in this regard. Add a couple cables and a couple bits and bolts and you have yourself a mega blasta. Even the old school plasma guns. They are much more orky than the newer ones.
www.dorkamorka.com - mixing 40K and beer before it was cool.

Ammo Runt

Ammo Runt

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 137 posts
fish'ead bits and tin'ead green things would work out. I'm feelin' tin'ead green thingies for my KMBs, when I get to that. And that Kan is rockin', man. Yellow looks so good when its the right shade and theres a lot of it.
You can't spell GAMES WORKSHOP without ORKS.

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

"The best gun in the galaxy won't help if your opponent is bashing your brains out with a rock."
-Games Workshop

Dr. Clockwork

Dr. Clockwork

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 75 posts
Hey thanks for pointing me towards the fish'ead! Fusion Blasters look perfect for the job! :thumbs

Got Bitz?

Got Bitz?

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 121 posts
It's a kustom mega blasta, after all, so it's really you're choice. I've always thought of them as a kind of Spartan Laser for orks, like a shortened, slimmed battle cannon. Just make sure they don't look like anything else, and you're good.

Targetlokk

Targetlokk

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 128 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimson Freebooterz
Anything that looks suitably blasty or zappy! i've used plasms guns, lascannons, fish'ead guns etc

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:BUNDESWEHR YEH MAN
Brah brah brah, use da serch funkshun!!!
MY TROLLING AND ABUSIVE POSTS GOT ME BANNED OK YEH

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
Green stuff thats not exactly helping, he should use the search function but sometimes you need some inspiration to get a project started. Try meltaguns, they don't use energy per-sae, but lava or something. That or go old skool. Kustom mega blastas, were little more than a pile of weapons, of all sorts shapes and sizes, welded together to maim the enemy into a crater. Oh yeah shade
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

crashhead

crashhead

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 37 posts
  • Army Name:waagh tuffgob
ever seen the guns in The mask (well he's green) ? something like that would also work very nice :dakka

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. - Albert Einstein

MacKeke

MacKeke

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 314 posts
  • Army Name:Da Red Rokk Klan
You could use burna-like weapons with spinny / worky bits like the Mek in the new Loota box.
Red Rokk Klan Game Stats:
W: 37
D: 4
L: 7

Warboss Kurluk

Warboss Kurluk

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 105 posts
I prefer using fish'ead weapons - it annoys Shas O Bob to no end!
Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.

photos: www.pbase.com/stecal

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:BUNDESWEHR YEH MAN

Green stuff thats not exactly helping, he should use the search function but sometimes you need some inspiration to get a project started.

You sir, just failed spectacularily.
MY TROLLING AND ABUSIVE POSTS GOT ME BANNED OK YEH

Junklord Gorosh

Junklord Gorosh

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 115 posts
  • Army Name:Da HEAP boyz
My KMB is modeled from: Part of a Shoota Part of a Mech Warrior tank barrel A tin'ead green tube Part of a fish'ead gun and a few things i doubt have ever been identified by man. My best recommendation is try to get a tin'ead green tube in there somewhere
"Direction, for me, encompasses the recognition of the control/beatdown relationship but then breaking it and inflicting the reverse on the enemy so that the outcome is desirable for me. I have to do this because I am using a label whoms perameters are set/limited to a water army and I have to redefine them to suit my own style (what ever it is - we still dont know) A simple actual in game example of this is focus fire or shifting/sliding my forces laterally across the table."
"Thus the quality of the generals has changed, forced or contributed - etc - to the allocation of the beatdown/control relationship through direction and application, which, whilst enhanced by army composition, can be independant of it, or so I believe." -Pronto the 2nd - Denizen of Warseer
http://warseer.com/f...ad.php?t=186062
Yeah, that's why I read Waaagh!!! and not those other forums.