Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scratchbuilt warboss

* - - - - 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
After a sudden burst of inspiration from nozeminer's warboss and ein's zagstruck, I decided to start work on a warboss. Here is what I've got so far:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sorry for the bad pics. What i need now is to find a tutorial on how to make legs. That is the only serious challenge I'll be facing as of now, except making the head. The head will likely be cyborked up like the one at the top of the page.
Current projects:
BattleFortress from Baneblade!
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob
Better scratchbuilt battlewagon

Support orkytown! Click here and here! Click one per day!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
But then the question arises... Why was your looted wagon facing backwards?

Trick Ork

Trick Ork

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gorhides
this is a great start! for legs, i would take boyz legs, and extend them with putty and bulk them up a tiny bit. putting a sheet of plasticard on the bottom of the boot will help with height . my main critique is the finger print marks. always apply some chapstick on your putty it will make it sooo much easier to work with! the only way of fixing this would be to cut off the bad portions with a hobby knife and taking a small sausage of putty and redoing the area. your neck seems like it is very upright. take a look at some ork boy torsos and notice that the neck is almost horizontal to the ground. and lastly he seems a little fat, but that's my personal preference!
Da Gorhides
We iz turnin red!

geoff123

geoff123

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 336 posts
  • Army Name:Taking Care of Business
Looks like you're off to a good start. I dont like the big armour plate in the middle though, it looks rather like a pie. I would take it off and sculpt all the muscles first, then add armour made of plasticard afterward. What I think you should do now is to place thin sheets of putty on the model and smooth them over. This will make the muscles appear more smooth and seamless, and get rid of the fingerprints. When you put a sheet of putty on, just lick your finger and smooth it all out. I look forward to seeing more from this. :thumbs

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
There's a thing about this putty, that it is impossible to not have fingerprints on, even if you use a knife to shape it it has them! The good thing is though, it disappears under paint. Any fatness is from bad pics. Also, the neck's not sculpted yet! Only his upper body is done. Expect to see more today! PS: any problems like unclear muscle will disappear when i get someone better to take the pics. EDIT: Unfortunately the cameras not working. I have made some major improvements. It'll probarbly be up tommorrow.
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
The problem with the camera's finally been sorted out, and I'm nearly done now:
The shoes:
Posted Image
A start to the legs, with body temporarily attached:
Posted Image
The choppa, blu-tacced together:
Posted Image
Nearly complete, next to my old warboss(yes it's a looted terminator!):
Posted Image

Next up, I need to make the PK. I don't have access to plasticard, only cardboard and putty. What do I do?
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Sorry for the double post :blush , I just needed to get a better shot of the warboss, seeing how blurry the earlier one is.
Posted Image
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Trick Ork

Trick Ork

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gorhides
The thing i see that dont match ork anatomy:
the ass isnt sticking out, he seems a tad bit too upright, like a human. orkz are hunched forward, somewhat gorilla like.

the neck is a TAD too high. take a loot at some of your ork boy torsos to get a better idea.

it appears that you are doing this all 100% scratch built. have you considered taking ork boy legs and elongating and beefing them up? it might hold more true to ork anatomy.

the choppa is BY FAR too small. leader characters IMO should be armed with over the top weaposn. or at teh verry least bigger than a boyz weapon. that choppa is too weedy

the chestplate looks like it could be more square, right now it kinda looks like a pancake. it needs to be a tad thickker and have deffined edges, flatten a piece of putty as best u can, and use your hobby knife to do the edges, do whatever detail work is neccesary, and then either wait for it to dry, then glue it on, or stick it on.

oh yeah, and use chapstick on your putty. I dont really know what kindof putty you are using, but it looks really granular and hard to work with. have u tried:
http://www.thewarsto...dsculpting.html
Da Gorhides
We iz turnin red!

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Looks like my putty's just too granular to work with. Oh why are the only materials I have access to cardboard and cheap modelling clay? I should be able to manage to get some of that, and work will restart.
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

grusmock

grusmock

telescoping arm

• Snakebitez
  • 509 posts
  • Army Name:da red cruzadezz
it looks like hes about to go skateing with those shoes maby add alot of gubbins and he might still be worth it
"Da old wayz ar' da best!" "We'z don't need yer stinken teknoligy!" "Is dat a double barreled 'xtra shooty mega blasta with 'xtra scopes and a red paint job?!?!" "Ill take five."

WAAGHnumbnuts

WAAGHnumbnuts

Steel Hornz

• Blood Axez
  • 633 posts
sorry mate I appreciate all the efort you've put into this put the legs are really just too long. Also theres the recurrent problem in all your projects. You make them out of :bleep. See if you can get the warstore to mail you some propper materiels as I think it would help you out a lot!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"
BLAM BLAM

kernal dragnatz

kernal dragnatz

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts

You make them out of :bleep.

Too right.

Also, you should shorten the legs a considerable amount and add some more 'orkiness' to it, such as teeth hanging from him, and heads.
Weedy post count but I'm big, mean and green!

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 643 posts
  • Army Name:Blazin' Skullz/WAAAGH! Grizlag
No one have posted in this thread for about 4 months...

Posted Image
QUOTE (Shinobi_8745 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Secondly, it's Snikrot, he can sneak with squeeky penguin slippers if he want to.

QUOTE (DeathCat147 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn right he is, he's so damn sneaky he can get across a minfield covered in bubble wrap while wearing his squeeky penguin slippers and neon green poncho, and still nobody will notice him

Worboss Skrewakka

Worboss Skrewakka

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 208 posts
  • Army Name:orks

No one have posted in this thread for about 4 months...

hmm...i wonder why >.>
My record wif da boyz

W/L/T
5/0/2

uummm....waagh?

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
You posted in a thread that's nearly 12 months old just to make that comment? Do you really have nothing better to do?
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher