Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shabbadoo's Ork Project Log

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Moons(Waaagh! Skargrim)
I've decided that Orks will be the fist ever army that I will actually finish painting. My clan has always been Bad Moons so that is what they will be painted as. I've only painted a few things so far and they are really just test models for everything else. The main point is that I want to keep the models simple(at least from my perspective). I'm painting the Ork skin on most of the rank & file models this way: Chaos Black base coat Goblin Green drybrush Dark Angels Green wash(to darken the Goblin Green & tint the Chaos Black) Very light drybrush of Goblin Green Drybrush of Camo Green, with some fine detailing on the face in this color too. Other than that I'll be sticking to mostly shades of brown and grey for clothing and gear, with black and yellow for armor plates and such. As fare as building up the models, I've decided that Shoota Boyz will have no shoulder plates, Slugga Boyz will have one shoulder plate, and my one squad of ‘Ard Boyz will have two shoulder plates and additional armor plates on their torsos/legs. Here is what I have painted up so far:

Attached Thumbnails

• Test_Nob1.jpg
  • Test_Nob1_back.jpg
  • Test_Ork_bigshoota1.jpg
  • Test_Trukboy1.jpg

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
And I couldn't really put this in the Mek's Garage without some kustom Orky stuff too. This trukk was made just after the GORKA MORKA boxed game came out, so quite some time ago. I'm really not sure if Im going to use it for anything now or just get rid of it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Test_GORKA_MORKA_trukk1a.jpg
  • Test_GORKA_MORKA_trukk1.jpg

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,134 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
Very nice paint jobs. I like the way you painted the ork skin. Did you mix a flesh-tone into the green for the final highlights?
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
I just followed the method I outlined, though I did finish off the facial features with some thinned down Camo Green to pick out the detail a bit better around the mouth, nose, ears, and eyes.

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
And now for....

....da Mouf uv Gork!!!

I've had the Gork Head gun shield built on this Looted Wagon for a few years but just didn't get the wild hair to finish the whole thing until recently. I've now chopped off the Basilisk gun barrel and made my own. As the Boomgun is its own unique weapon now I figured it deserved to have its own unique representation too.

I have decided to hold off on building any more Boyz until the new model bitz come out because I want to mix them in with what I have already built, so I'll be biding my time with this Looted Wagon and its variants(plus some other things). Oh yes, I have some interesting plans for it.

Configuration 1(dubbed the "Mouf uv Gork"- see the attached pics) is the Looted Wagon with Boomgun and big shoota. Configuration 2 has a skorcha, 2 big shootas, and the full transport capacity of 12. Configuration 3 will have a Boomgun and the 'ard case option. Configurations 1 & 2 are done at this point(more pics to come), but I have yet to build Configuration 3. I'll most often run it in Configuration 3, but I just had to do the Ork head gun shield version of Configuration 1. When the gun is elevated the mouth opens wider. When the Boomgun on this one is fired the Orks yell "Gork SPEAKS!!!"

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
This post seems somehow linked to the previous one, as it was a double post. I was in the middle of uploading an image when a PM came in. combined with my crappy dial-up connection, something happened. Even when I go to edit this post the images from the previous post are somehow linked to it, so I'm just going to leave it alone.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mouf_uv_Gork_3.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_2.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_1.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_4.png

bad buddha

bad buddha

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:big mek Ork-skar and his inglorius bastards!
that trukk is ded cool! :cheers
Dra skinnet bakt...
a cheap hobby is not a real hobby!

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
  • Army Name:PSV (BloodBowl), Waaagh! Badgutz (40K), Waaagh! Gornaz (WHFB/WarMaster)
Great job on these boyz, the colours work great together. Should look sweet as a full Mob. :thumbs
- Martijn

What's in a name? That, which we call a Goff
By any other name would smell as bad.

Jollya Capuloot

QUOTE (hakbash @ Nov 23 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deff Skullz is my chosen klan. I like to loot, nick, and wear blue.

Cad@veR

Cad@veR

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 86 posts
  • Army Name:Oomfink's Sneeky gitz
This must be the first double dekker ork trukk Ive ever seen! Great job! I also REALLY like the Basilisk, cant wait to see it painted!

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
I wasn't happy with the way the big shoota mount looked, so I built a front mounted sponson for it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mouf_uv_Gork_5.JPG
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_6.JPG
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_12.JPG
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_14.JPG

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
I made my own kustom Boomgun shell sized to fit the gun barrel. In the pic it is ready to be set up for molding. There is also a pic of the sponson assembly removed which shows a clear view of what I call the twig n' berries pattern big shoota. :biggrin

Attached Thumbnails

• Mouf_uv_Gork_Boomgun_Shell.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_Sponson__1.JPG

itainteasybeingreen

itainteasybeingreen

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 461 posts
  • Army Name:Bloodaxes
The paint, as always, is astounding. Red up the eyes and it's off to the races. Man, I wish I could paint as good as you! Love the trukk; you can barely see the weedy base kit. Very proppa, though I wouldn't wanna be in the upper deck when the driver swerved :lol Not a big fan of the prong shoota though. Lookin' forward to seeing the rest of the list.
Use the search function, ya git!

Don't feed da trolls , call da arborkz ta krump dem!

QUOTE(ThorDUDE @ Nov 26 2007, 07:51 AM) View Post
We are the knights who say 4chan!

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
Here are some finished pics of Configuration 1(Boomgun & Big Shoota).

Attached Thumbnails

• Mouf_uv_Gork_15.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_16.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_17.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_18.png

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
...and some pics of the crew compartment, loader, and boomgun shells:

Attached Thumbnails

• Mouf_uv_Gork_19.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_Assembly_Removed.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_Boomgun_Shell_Ammo_Supply.png
  • Mouf_uv_Gork_Loader.png

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Nice stuff! The Ork loading the gun is the kind of detail most people don't bother with, it really puts that extra shine on your models that you go that extra mile.

Gutsmek

Gutsmek

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 57 posts
  • Army Name:Wazdakka Gutsmek Waaaaaagh
Loooking verry nice. I know you talked about how you did you skin, but I just wondering how you achieved the skin on the shoota boy, because it looks a little different to the others and it looks really nice. Gutsmek
Oh this is almost as intense as that time I forgot how to sit down!

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR ARMY BLOG

www.myspace.com/trace88music

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
Hah! You have a good eye! Yes, it’s not only the lighting which is a bit different on the Ork Boy with the big shoota- his skin is a bit different too. He was the very first model I painted as a test. His skin was done very similar to the method I outlined, though after the Dark Angels Green wash I stopped with the dry brushing altogether and went in with thinned Goblin Green and very carefully picked out the musculature using very fine lines. Then I did the same with Camo Green for the final highlight. The color difference/effect is not drastically different, but it does show up slightly in the pics and is a bit more obvious in person. As the whole point of doing these models was to try out some simple techniques, this method of doing the skin was simplified to what you see on the Nob a Slugga Boy. Their skin took a heck of a lot less time to do and looks decent enough, so that is the method I decided on. On character models or more unique things I may very well go for the more complicated method of painting the skin. I left out one step in the skin painting method so I updated it and added some other notes in the first post. The painting method is very accurately described there now.

The main thing about these models is not that the paint is beautifully blended or anything. It’s not. The thing that rally makes the models look decent is the neatness of the painting, which is something I cannot emphasize enough to new painters. Neatness is the main thing painters should concentrate on. If you can paint neatly then everything else will come very easily. Once you combine shading and highlighting with neatly painted base colors, you are on you way to doing some great painting.

I've just finished building/modifying my Deff Dread too, and I'm now thinking I should paint something before building anything else. Well, maybe I'll work on Configuration 3 of the Looted Wagon while painting something.

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
Here are pics of the Looted Wagon- Configuration 2(skorcha, 2 big shootas, full transport capability). Once it drops off it's cargo, this version of the Looted Wagon drives around shooting whatever it can or skorching/tank shocking anything stupid enough to get too close to it. Pics 1 & 2 show how I magnetized the weapon mount area so I can swap out weapons as I want to. There's not much point in mounting rokkit launchas on either vehicle version so I haven't even made them. The other pics show different angles of view of the vehicle.

Attached Thumbnails

• Looted_Wagon_1.png
  • Looted_Wagon_2.png
  • Looted_Wagon_3.JPG
  • Looted_Wagon_4.JPG

Shabbadoo

Shabbadoo

Dethkopta Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,705 posts
Some more pics. The first pic has a Nob, a Big Shoota Boy, and 10 Slugga Boyz crammed into the transport area(12 models!). Overall, this version of the Looted Wagon is 6.5 inches long from from the front of the hull to the back of the transport area

Attached Thumbnails

• Looted_Wagon_8_Chock_Full_.png
  • Looted_Wagon_7.JPG
  • Looted_Wagon_6.JPG
  • Looted_Wagon_5.JPG

Frozt

Frozt

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 277 posts
  • Army Name:((work in progress))
:thumbs Nice with the vehicles. The First one you may want to keep as a trukk, and the twig and berries gunz look like :bleep
"Wat? fouty-too aint no ansher for squat! Scratch-buildin, now dat's an ansher!"