Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Goff Orka-stra

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
So per my Dakka-tember threat I started working on my Goff rock and accompanying Orka-stra. They have been sitting primered in a case for years waiting for me to get off my arse and finish them.

Gaf-naz's supa-heavy stage gave me the much needed push to break them out and give them that much needed TLC. :cheers

Posted Image
Posted Image
three guitars and two cheer grots

Posted Image
an old RT era musician and a BLork form my rhythm section, I suppose I'll need to make a proppa drum kit.

Posted Image
two squig pipers.

I'd like to find a few more classic musicians, possibly a gobo with a gong, or I might make some updated ones, we shall see...

Posted Image

playing guitar hero the other day I felt inspired to create a stage, here is how far I got last night...

thats all I'm going to show for now, bonus points for anyone who can guess where this build is going :biggrin

I'll likely post more a bit later tonight when I get more done...

-drabber

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Posted Image

*strange sounds emerge from drabber's workbench*

Posted Image

found a good trick with plasticard. i don't recall hearing from anyone else, thought I'd share it.

I made photocopies of parts I'll need multiples of and cut them out

I'm attaching paper to the card with spray adhesive before I cut it, then scoring the inside leaving the paper as a hinge.

Posted Image

Then I'm holding them shut with tape while it dires.

I wonder how far I can get before anyone figures out what it is... ;)

:whip

-back to work

Dakka Dakka

Dakka Dakka

'Ard Boy

• Goffz
  • 837 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Dakka Dakka
A collapsed warhound! Or if not, it could potentially be turned into one! Dakka!!!
"It's the 41st Millenium dude, if you don't have a weapon that blows stuff up, you're f***ed."
Awesome Avatars? Ask Mukrot!

oberst_kramer

oberst_kramer

Kommando

• Bad Moonz
  • 967 posts
  • Army Name:Tuznik Boneshaka' 'Eavystomping Horde
My my that a lot of p-card you're working with. I can't even guess what you're doing, so i'll patiently await what you come up with.
More Krumpin' and less talkin'

Jean-Luc Picard ends with 'Ard!

"There's a difference between bein' Smart boy an' bein' a Smart Git Gimzod"- Kommanda Uzgob, from Deff Skwadron

Waaagh Tuznik's Noo Codex kill tally sofar: W:18 D:3 L:3

Metro

Metro

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 27 posts
i'd just like to ask where you got the templates for what you are building... as im guessing it may be a titan :thumbs

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 372 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaagh! Grimbad
Looted Warhound with a giant guitar?

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
No idea whatcher buildin' but it looks like a damn fine start. ;) For additional musicians, don't forget the grot with cymbals from the squigherder blister.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
Sounds like a good time saving process, but are the seams strong enough to support the weight?
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

Fghnnr

Fghnnr

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 189 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grinning Moons
I bet it is going to be the Goffik Rokker Tour Wagon from NetEpic. \m/ :yes \m/ Good idea with the templates.
It's pronounced "Fig-ner"

"Prepare for decimation, for you are not worthy of assimilation."-Cabal

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef
I know this will sound very wrong, but could you make one poor out-of-place Ork playing a French Horn?:lol
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Fghnnr - I looked around a bit and couldn't find the model you're talking about, but it sounds interesting. Do you have a link?

MTD - you're right, the folded seams aren't as strong as they ought to be. I should have mentioned I am running a bead of glue along all of them to reinforce it.

Mad Grot - Good one! thank you, I think I've got him around somewhere, I must have forgotten to put him with the group... now where'd he go

Nazmek - giant guitar! thats awesome, I wasn't planning it but its definitely good food for thought...

Metro - I'm not supposed to give them out but the templates are readily available online, try looking on yahoo groups, BWC archive ;)

Andrew - french horn? how about a tuba

Posted Image
gallery

my GF sculpted and painted this one for me ;)

Everyone who said looted warhound gets a nice juicy squig! (ruleswise I might make it a stompa based on a war-puppy chassis)

its taking shape. Not bad for 15 total hours of work, five x-acto blades and nine 8.5 x 11 sheets of plastic...
Posted Image

gallery from the first night

gallery from the second night

I just had to get out my power tools to get good right angle cuts in the dowell for the knees, I tried a hand saw and mitre box, but it took forever and didn't end up with a straight cut.

Posted Image

I need annother bottle cap for the 2nd hip. guess I'll just have to drink 2 liters of coke tonight ;)

I'm not planning to follow the plans any further, so I'll need to come up with a proppa head for it.

The arms I've been thinking of replacing with giant speakers, but that may change when I get there.

-drabber

Fghnnr

Fghnnr

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 189 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grinning Moons

Fghnnr - I looked around a bit and couldn't find the model you're talking about, but it sounds interesting. Do you have a link?

The rules for NetEpic can be found at; http://netepic.org/P.....0v5 Final.pdf Under superheavy vehicles.

But don't bother looking for a picture of the model. As far as I know, it only has rules, and no sculpt.

As far as I can tell from your build, the Tour Wagon is pretty much the same thing as what you want to build with this Warhound. The Tour Wagon is basically a Battlefortress that has a stage on top where an Ork heavy Metal Band plays. All orks close to the Wagon are fearless and have what is basically a cover save. All orks close to the wagon do better in close combat due to the Mosh-pit insticnt, and all shooting by said orks is decresed due to excessive head banging. Once a game the Wagon can unleash the Mega Woofer Sound Blaster. This is a large template weapon that ignore certain saves.

Maybe you can modify these rule for an Apoc Datasheet. ;):biggrin I think you should definitly replace the arms with big speakers. :thumbs
It's pronounced "Fig-ner"

"Prepare for decimation, for you are not worthy of assimilation."-Cabal

Valandras

Valandras

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 235 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Goldgobs Gitsquishas
I should have a massive beat-box mounted on the shoulders! Like Noise Beakies, but less weedy :)
Stomp! Stomp!!! STOMP!!!

"Never try to run away from a tyranid. They will catch you and eat you. Then again, you could always climb a tree. Then you'll get a nice view before the knock the tree down and eat you."

QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Apr 16 2008, 08:36 PM)
Any time, any place, any Waaagh

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Posted Image

drilled the dowels and ran wire through the legs.

Posted Image

posed the legs, the hips are still held together with wire, I'm trying to decide if I ought to attach them with magnets for disassembly. I'm definitely using one in the waist.

glued the toes together. This is when I realized I have a full Apokalypse dreadmob, 2 stompas, 6 kans, 2 deffdreads, :dakka

so I took this pic...

Posted Image

I'm thinking the goff rocker's music is the field generator...

started making hydraulics for the toes and armor for the trim with a bit of plastic and small dowels( thew were out of that diameter of plastic rod, and I'm thinking the wood will absorb glue for strength.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

naturally a bit left to do rivets and filing and such, but its better to do that in one fell swoop. the next step is getting the other side this far along

gallery

comments and crit appreciated

-drabber

Metro

Metro

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 27 posts
thanks alot for the reply drabber, it wasn't to my knoweldge that you could find titan templates just by using a search engine. i will start looking, cheers :biggrin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Starting to shape up real nicely.
Posted Image
I don't know what you have planned, but if you are going ot do an orchestra, then you need an orchestra pit! Perhaps you could kind of make a pit ontop of the titan, each "player" could be sitting down inside of it. Then you could mount the head somewhere underneath it, and ontop of the head you could have the conductor standing. The conductor has lots of possibilities (hard-wired) into the machine, simply the pilot, or any number of other options.
Keep up the fantastic work!
Lorax

***EDIT****
Almost forgot, you should have an ENORMOUS banner on the back of this thing, letting all in the land know who is playing the dreaded music.
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

clayton

clayton

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 127 posts
  • Army Name:big mek supa glue and his band morktalika(badmoons)
hey sweet man i love that titian but i just wanted to know if you could post the templates you used or the site you got them off because i tried lookin for them but couldnt find them cheers clay
hah i win because you may be a level 2 wizard but im a level 5 RETARD......

wait....... oh god d?%m it.

QUOTE (EvilMonkee @ Mar 14 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely awesome. Any chance of a shot from the rear?

if it moves ill sleep with it, if it dosent we'll work something out

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
clayton - You must not have looked very hard.

Metro - I'm not supposed to give them out but the templates are readily available online, try looking on yahoo groups, BWC archive ;)

I can't post them here because it'd break waaagh policies.

if you end up starting one I hope you'll post it here.

Lorax - A conductor/composer as the pilot, I like that. A name that kept coming to mind - Waaaghner, not sure I want too much of a classical feel, it might interfere with the 'ardness of the rokkerz, but a baton ork might be good.

I'm thinking more of a rock band stage for the top, possibly surrounded by truss and stage lights, then If I did an open topped head the conduct-ork could be there, leading the band...

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Drabs... if you've not thought about sticking a cheapo MP3 player into this bad boy, Lorax's little Paint mod should have put the thought into you right quick. It would be so much easier on this model than on Ein's Squiggoth (no dremeling!) and would really rock the table when you put this monster in play. Dead sexy so far, man, keep it up. Oh yeah, also any amount of additional disassembly that you build in will greatly enhance storage and transport. Getting big models to and from games undamaged is the biggest deterrent to actually fielding them, IMHO.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Damn you mad grot, I'd thought that too, but was trying to put it out of my mind... working speakers would be really cool though... :cheers

I wonder if I could find an inexpensive Ipod dock speaker thing which doesn't require outside power( I don't really want to have to plug this in) I suppose I'll have to wander out to Walgreens and/or Comp USA to see what they carry... Must remind myself the first priority is appearence, functionality is secondary...

Posted Image
finished the hydraulics on both feet, added some to the knees and behind the thighs.

Posted Image

Added tread to the feet. couldn't find the cymbal player so I went to the store and picked up a new one.
I cut a little hole in the bottom of the foot and started filling them with resin for strength and a bit of added weight.

I was having a bit of trouble with the bottle caps staying put, the plastic they are made of doesn't like the glue and after they popped off a third time I realized they'd need additional support.

Posted Image

I poured a bit of resin into the hollow of the leg, this should hold the hip-caps as well as supporting the wire that the hip currently mounts with.

the hip section still has the tendency to rotate, dropping the top off. I imagine this will still be a problem even after I add magnets, so I'm thinking I may need to replace the hip wire with some square stock. I keep second guessing the position of the legs, I tried to make them have a sense of weight distribution, but the temptation to lift one foot up keeps popping up.

most recent gallery

I don't go to work today, so I should make a bunch of progress...