Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

docnuk's buggies and wartrakks - buggymania

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

remember? in the beginning of the fever called wh40k you buy a lot of stuff or people have hobby related presents for birthday and x-mas. you build it, you try your first very little addons and modifications (very careful - not to destroy the sacrified shape of a gw model), you even prime it and then it will spend it's existence catching dust in a dark corner in the cellar, cause there are so much other interesting things to build, to paint etc. sometimes you find them again. ##

here now 2 buggies after very big facelift and painting

(sorry no wip pics, cause of giving my camera away)

not very perfect pictures i'm afraid.

buggy_1_2_front.jpg buggy_1_2_side.jpg buggy_1_2_back.jpg

size comparison:

size.jpg

still the driver and gunners are missing.

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Zogmagog

Zogmagog

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 499 posts
  • Army Name:Zogmagog's Red Menazz
These are great buggies. Glad to see you found then and could rework them so well. I like the dual armor plated tires, ded 'ard. They look far more formidable then the stock buggies. Great Job.
Where's da trukk?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Nice. The double width GW wheelz look good.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
Very well done Doc, I love the dirty red :thumbs Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

Sukz Da' Nob

Sukz Da' Nob

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 683 posts
  • Army Name:Da' Butchas of Bavgad!!!
The weathering is nice and they look very Orky!!! I woulkd like to see the crews in them for the full effect...
Ork Psychology and morale is directly linked to the number of boyz around them at any given time. Just like frat boys, only with more Dakka...

QUOTE (Mad Grot Docsnik @ Jun 26 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea of it being under construction. "...and now witness the power of this fully armed and operational... STOMPA!"

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
as written, drivers and gunners will follow if there is time, mativation and the inspiration will kiss me. :) by now i had blown away the dust from a wartrakk skorcha and i found a landspeeder from ebay. pics later today.
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Dreachon

Dreachon

Lobotomy

• Deathskullz
  • 751 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
Lovin em, do you remeber where you got those wheels, those look so good on the buggies.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts

i think the big ones are originally from a monster truck toy. 2 years ago i bought a couple of trukks from ebay. the photos on ebay were better than what i get. 2 trukks had this wheels. i kept them and throw away the rest :) the smaller one are simply glued together two of the bigger gw.wheels (rear of buggy or trukk) and add some plates. a small hole in each corner to simulate a sunken rivet and ready.

closeup_wheel.jpg

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts

in th first days of this hobby i bought a lot of stuff by ebay, not sure i need it or not. this is the glued and primed wartrakk skorcha, as it was the last two years of existence:

original_wartrukk_skorcha.jpg :

and this is it after a few "little" changes. beefed up the tracks etc.

1_skorchawartrukk_wip.jpg

driver missing, a few plates, rivets and i'm not very happy with the front. to flat. maybe i will do a triangle shaped spoiler. suggestions? looted the idea of making a landspeeder to a buggy cause of so much impressive examples here at the waaagh.

the original:

original_landpseeder.jpg

and now:

1_buggy_3_wip.jpg

the driver is missing, too. and there is no weaponmount by now. unsure if i want big shootas, bazzukas or skorcha.

i think, i will try all 3, magnetmounted an' changeable.

a visible boy or a firetower like the body of a kan?

Bloodsbane

Bloodsbane

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 101 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Nazdreg
Nice!
I'm really digging that skorcha, and those cool little flags. BTW, do you fill those drinking straws with anything? They look very fragile. Beefed up skorcha tracks looks great, I'm totally looting that idea.

a visible boy or a firetower like the body of a kan?

Visible boy, definately.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
they are "filled" with a plastic tube. so the bending is easier and the curve looks better with the falted connection of the straw.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts

buggy nr 3 finished. ready for painting. have i any changes to do before?

2_buggy_3_top_obliq.jpg 2_buggy_3_front____back.jpg 2_buggy_3_sides.jpg

Flamin' Skullz

Flamin' Skullz

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
  • Army Name:Da Flamin' Skullz
Great Skorcha conversion, and the progress on the warbuggy is looking good...

have i any changes to do before?

...would suggest that you maybe make a handle for the gunner, as he doesn't appear to be holding the big shoota.

fleshfeaster

fleshfeaster

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
  • Army Name:Redjaws
man i am shamed. yall have such unique armies and mine is so boring. i just dont have the kind of talent that yall have. you did a great job on all of them buggies. jobs a good un. awsome konversions. love the way you expanded the wheels.
My boyz stomped in da welling blood as into a riva, da wheels of me bespattaed with blood and filth. i filled da plain with da corpses of da humies like hebage. the panic of me onslaught overwhelmed them like GORK and they fled, passin scaldin urine and voiding excrement in their pantis.

I HATE fish'ead.

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
Great stuff! I love the big wheels on the first buggies, and this new one's good fun. Details like the wheel and fuel drum strapped on give it a nice lived-in feel, although being on the front that tyre's gonna be full of punctures! Possibly a little bit of protection for it would be a good idea?

Got Bitz?

Got Bitz?

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 121 posts
If you can, add streamers, flags, bannas or flames to give them a sense of movement. They look real proppa and Vrooomy(dat's my word now, grots!) otherwise. Double wheels rock.

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts
buggy #3 after black priming, and first brush with tin bits and boltgun metal. allways surprising for me, how this makes the build for the first time looking like i saw it in my mind. 3_buggy_3_basic_paint.jpg the gun handle will come, a cover for the wheel not. sorry for the last, but do you really think an ork will waste a thought to that? even the idea of a extra wheel is a little unorky :biggrin but i tried something like that. looked not real for me. a banner/flag is there at the left side and no flames will ever appear at one of my cars. but for all the other things i will give a try. thanks a lot and flesh... what that? fishing for compliments? you've shown a lot of individuel stuff allready. :)

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Ah... the good 'ol land speeder to buggy konversion, but better. Your one looks much more orky than some I've seen, I'm loving the extra wheel. Can't wait to see it fully painted up.
Current projects:
BattleFortress from Baneblade!
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob
Better scratchbuilt battlewagon

Support orkytown! Click here and here! Click one per day!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
But then the question arises... Why was your looted wagon facing backwards?

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts

here a few pics of the assembled skorcha war trakk, after black priming and first brush with tin bits and boltgun metal. what do you think of the gout head? after trying a few rams and spikes it was a very simple solution i found in my bitz box. i think i keep it black metallic on a red paintjob like above. the driver is in progress. i try to make gunners and drivers now for all the cellar stuff. so i can paint them all in one. when painting of the two vehicles are finished. there are two more wartrakks to be done in the future. also there are sleeping prototypes of 2 trukks in the cellar.

3_wartr_skorcha_basic_paint_2.jpg 3_wartr_skorcha_basic_paint_1.jpg

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 959 posts

come back to life, oh thread of mine ..... :biggrin

(now with repaired pics 22-11-15)

having spend the last half year with my looted baneblade entry and working for secret santa (with buggies, too). (and thats a hint) i finally stole real life a weekend for painting.
ignoring the perfect sunshine i made a crew for the two buggies and painted them and the two other vehicles.
tearing away my daughter from my comp i now want to show them off for c&c.

groupshot:
buggies-group-shot.jpg

the shoota buggy:
4-shoota-buggy-with-crew.jpg

the rokkit buggy (and a gunner closeup: i like this guy :love ) :

4-rokkit-buggy-with-crew.jpg4-gunner-rokkit-buggy-closeup.jpg

the wartrukk (more a try off than a real model i have my heart on)
and the landspeeder buggy (with a detail view):
i build a new gunner for this (thanx to the new trukk kit)

4-wartrakk-und-speedbuggy-painted.jpg
4-landspeeder-buggy-details.jpg

what do you think? something to improve?

Attached Thumbnails

• 4_landspeeder_buggy_details.jpg
  • 4_wartrakk_und_speedbuggy_painted.jpg
  • 4_gunner_rokkit_buggy_closeup.jpg
  • 4_rokkit_buggy_with_crew.jpg
  • 4_shoota_buggy_with_crew.jpg
  • buggies_group_shot.jpg