Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The A-mob

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
In 40,072, a krak kommando unit was sent to a prison world by the Ordo Xenos for a crime they didn't commit. These Boyz promptly escaped from a maximum security blockade to the Lastrati under-hive. Today, still wanted by the Imperium, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-mob

Its my goal to make a squad based on the A-team. I'm sure I'm dating myself a bit with this, but hopefully a few of you will know what I'm talking about...

Posted Image

I'd possibly like to make them a bit like Col Schaeffer's last chancers, and possibly use the rules from them. So they'd be basically a unit of individual characters with special rules which could be fielded as a small army for suicide missions. The problem is that there are 11 last chancers, and only 5 members of the A-team.

I've toyed with the idea of making them simple truk boys, or kommandos, or what-have-you, since I don't really want to make a proxy-gaurd army to back them up. But I haven't thought of something fitting enough, so hopefully someone here can suggest something,

I started the group, came up with basic poses and sculpted basic clothes and hair squigs for them. I think I managed to catch a bit of each of their character/essence.

Posted Image

Kapt. H.M. "Howling Madboy" Murdock, Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck, Col. John "Hannibal" Smith; the leader , Bosco B.A.(Bad Attitude) Baracus (aka Mr. teef), and Amy Allen; the grot reporter.

(and yes I'm still trying to come up with more orky names for them.)

I made their transport van, Somewhere I've got wip pics of it, but its basically done now...
Posted Image

I got as far as pinning their wrists, so I could simply drill some hands and stick them on when I know what they need to hold. The problem I've run into is how to equip them.

Posted Image

I need to find something for his foot to rest on. And Hannibal should really have a cigar in one hand...
Since he is the leader I suppose it'd make sense for him to be equipped as Col Schaeffer; Laspistol; Plasma Pistol; Power Weapon; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

Posted Image

Mr teef has a glass of squig milk in one hand, just because thats how wholesome he is. ( it isn't glued in yet, just gobbed in place with wax, but it makes me laugh)

If I do the Last chancers with these guys, then I think he'd fit best as either Ox, Animal, or Greasemonkey.
Animal has 3 AT and a melta gun,
Ox has a heavy bolter, which he can move and fire,
Greasemonkey only has a bolt pistol, but in special scenarios can repair vehicals, and steal enemy vehicals...

Which do you think?

Posted Image

Face, in the show he was always the con and flirt who got gear for them,
Fluffwise the closest Chancer would be Fingers who basically counts as an ammo runt for rockit girl, and with out her seems pretty useless...
other possibilities; Hero; who continues to fight for a round after he dies,
Ox, since his pose would work for a heavy bolter, and his conection to the Chancer Brains(Amy) would work...

Posted Image

Madboy Murdock; their insane pilot,

Rokkit girl, because I really want him to blow stuff up, but I don't know if she HAS to have her loader "Fingers" or if she can go without... Any guard players able to advise me on this point?

I suppose he could be Greasemonkey, to drive and steal vehicals...
he could be Demolition man in the absence of a fighta or helicopter, with a once per battle demolition charge,

not sure which...

Posted Image

The only member who might actually be done or close is their grot reporter groupie,
I'm pretty happy with her hair squig and the classic battle wagon lamp made a great camera. The only thing left might be a WYSIWYG item or two, and a camera strap.

If I do have Ox then i'd be good to make Amy count as Brains;
Laspistol; Lasgun; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Com-Link, and when she dies Ox doubles S and T for the rest of the game.

more images

I really want to finish these guys up, its just that matter of equipping them, which where I need help...

Not sure if the Chancers works for them with only 5 of the 11 characters, suppose I could gear up generic boys, lesser characters, or people who made cameos on the show, but that feels a bit forced...

All Comments Advice and Crit is greatly appreciated.

-brad

RedGob

RedGob

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 133 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaagh Redgob!!!
Shootas that look like AK-47s maybe?

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
This is one of the dumbest and best concepts I've seen in a while :thumbs . You linked to a set of Last Chancers rules I hadn't seen before. Have you considered the rules from the 'umie book? If I recall correctly, you can have as few as you want with that ruleset, which might work better here.

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef
I wish I could comfort you about the dated-ness of the idea, but I only know about the A-team because Family Guy parodied it. Sorry. However, I am more that a little exited about how this will turn out. Model on, my friend. Bring the silliness that was the A-team to another generation of ...wargamers? ;)
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

spacemanspiff

spacemanspiff

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 207 posts
  • Army Name:da kracked skullz,
"Oi luv it when a plan comes together!" i think schaeffers last chancers would work best rules wise or you could make hannibal a warboss w/.retinue or a nob squad, when the new dex comes out, -maybe make murdoch a mekboy). though i've noticed B.A. BaOrkus is missing his Mr.T trademarks jewelry but shouldnt be to hard "I aint gettin in no deffkopta, wif dat damn fool murdork" but overall good job so far EDIT -you dont necessarily need the van you could always cobble together a battlewagon from household scrap. IN homage to the end of EVERY epsiode where they get locked in a machine shop n build ssomething
"those who know how to play, play. Those who don't know how to play, play beakies"

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
Perfect Orky subject! After all, the A-Team cobbled together vehicle after vehicle and never could hit more than the dirt in front of the "badguys" regardless of how much shootin' got done. B.A. needs a bit more height to his mohawk imo. Now if there was only a snotling orphanage that needed saving...

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
this a great idea. I love the van but a ramshackle bw would be a nice addition. maybe the warboss & retinue would work. the new commando nob has a cigar in his mouth already. makin murdoc a mekboy would be a good idea & ba baOrkus could have abig shoota. the weapons they used were actually m14s not ak's. i've always been a fan of the slugga made from chopping the barrel outta the middle of a shoota & then gluing the nozzle back onto the body like a machine pistol with a nice big magazine. also, it would take some work but for face you could like chop up a beakie & sorta patch work the armour onto the ork body but have the ork flesh still stickin out like one of his really terrible disguises. good luck with whatever you end up doing. cant wait to see how it all turns out.
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
  • Army Name:PSV (BloodBowl), Waaagh! Badgutz (40K), Waaagh! Gornaz (WHFB/WarMaster)
Great concept, and I love their van already. :thumbs Please don't use the Last Chancers to represent them though - those are all basic weedy guardsmen, the A-Team deserves better than that. Besides, guardsmen can actually hit opponents when they shoot at them whilst the A-Team was only accurate when delivering punches. :P With the new Codex in mind (where Nobz come in mobs of 3+ models) I'd make them something like this: Da A-mob Kurnel Djon "Anyball" Smiv Nob with Bosspole (= big cigar), twin-linked shoota, 'uge choppa, 'eavy armour Sarjunt Bosskop "B.A." Barakkuz Nob with shoota-scorcha kombi weapon, power klaw, 'eavy armour, cybork body (= "invulnerable" due to 40 pounds of heavy gold chains) Leftenunt Tempulton "Da Kop Boy" Pekk Nob with twin-linked shoota, choppa, 'eavy armour, Amee Allen the Ammo Runt Kaptun H.M. "Howlin' Madboy" Murdork Painboy, dok's tools, 'urty syringe, 'eavy armour, cybork body (he grants the entire mob Feel No Pain, which the A-mob should really have) Da A-mob Van Trukk with big shoota, red paint job (it's got a red stripe ;)), stikkbomb chukka, armour platez, boarding plank, reinforced ram and wrecking ball ... basically a Trukk with all the possible gadgets except Grot Riggers (altough Amy could be used as the Grot Rigger instead of being an Ammo Runt).
- Martijn

What's in a name? That, which we call a Goff
By any other name would smell as bad.

Jollya Capuloot

QUOTE (hakbash @ Nov 23 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deff Skullz is my chosen klan. I like to loot, nick, and wear blue.

DEATHSKULL LOOTA

DEATHSKULL LOOTA

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
Why not just do an 80's themed army? Street Hawk - Bikers Air Wolf - Koptas Knight Rider - Buggys Er thats all i can think of for now........
If it aint nailed down, its mine!
If it is nailed down, Ive got a claw hammer!
Any which way, ITS MINE!

coolflame616

coolflame616

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 191 posts
DUH DUH DUH DUUUUH, DUH DUH DUUUH, DUHDUH DUHDUH DUHDUHHHHH DUUUH DUHDUH DUUUUUUUUH. I like the A-Team, its where i learned all my best Mekboy skills. "So we've got this pickup trukk, and these grenades, and a bunch of sheet metal and some iron pipes........ I was thinking we could make a tank!"

"Always use protekshun, use a Kustum Force Field" - Warboss Gorgob

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,564 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
[quote name='DEATHSKULL LOOTA' date='Nov 13 2007, 09:28 AM' post='395585']
Why not just do an 80's themed army?

Da MacGyver's - a bunch of 'ard nut meks armed wit duct & swiss army knives!
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
You do know, they will all fire thousands of rounds per battle but, NONE of them will ever hit anything other than some vehicles gas tank. If you go for the 80's theme: CHiPs - Bikers (make sure you get the skin tight uniforms. ;) ) Dukes of Hazard G.I Joe - Again though, lots of shooting, no casualties. Miami Vice - PG-13 for drug use . And make sure you have a bunch of mullet hair squigs!
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

squiggoth

squiggoth

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,367 posts
  • Army Name:PSV (BloodBowl), Waaagh! Badgutz (40K), Waaagh! Gornaz (WHFB/WarMaster)
Thomas Slugga, P.I. An Ork detective with a big stache-squig. :thumbs
- Martijn

What's in a name? That, which we call a Goff
By any other name would smell as bad.

Jollya Capuloot

QUOTE (hakbash @ Nov 23 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deff Skullz is my chosen klan. I like to loot, nick, and wear blue.

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!
Let's try and stick to helping drabber with this particular mob. :yes
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
Fantastic! This gave me a good laugh, can't wait to see them finished. Make sure you find a way to model some milk in the Mr T-ork's glass there :biggrin As far as rules go, do they have to have some? If you can't find any you're happy with, at least they'd serve well as display models :thumbs

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Wow, the A-team is so incredible, as is the A-Mob. The one thing I would suggest is that you make the van have some exhaust. It will still be recognizable as the van, but I think exhausts are a must. :cheers
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Waaagh da 80s!

Yes! Knight Rider models would rock, someone really ought to make Kitt, (which was my dream car for a long time...) a Hasselhoff ork with cheeseburger would be hilarious :)

I cringe at the thought of painting Miami Vice themed models, I'd love to see it done, those shirts would be pretty hard :puke.

GIJoe would really be better suited to an 'umie army, though I'd LOVE to see it done well, many good years I spent fixated on that show, heh I've even got a Cobra trouble bubble I made out of some Dark panzee bitz around here somewhere.

CHIPS would be pretty amusing as well, an Ork Estrada in looted Aribite gear on a warbike attempting to pull over beakie speeders...
"Da yoo kno how fast yoo were goin?" :nono

Umm, waitamin! I'm getting distracted...

Thanks Sproston, We'd best try to stay somewhat on target, I could see this quickly flying far off topic and wif my short attention span that could be fatal...

Squiggoth - Ace job wif the naming, I'm sure by the end of this they'll undergo a few more variations, but we are on track :cheers I like what you said about tooling them up as a nobz mob, I'm not sure how to pick weapons since I don't yet have the new codex, but yours sound pretty good for a start. hopefully through joined efforts we can come up with a workable solution..

I'm hoping that through careful modeling I can be able to use them as both...

Stuart - I don't have access to the Uumie codex, and don't plan on getting it anytime soon. I just got Armageddon and I think my excess book-fund cash will be tapped for a bit. I think the one I linked to might be the first article on them as it appeared in WD, before the codex. Don't suppose anyone could let me in on any differences?

I've mentally gone back and forth on the ideas of how to make the rest of the squad, at one point even considering modeling people who did cameos in the show, like Hulk Hogan, and Boy George, but I think that'd end up taking away from the iconic nature or the squad, and I think you guys may have given me a way better idea, why not have the remaining 6 members be represented as the "ramshackle-devices-thrown-together-out-of-whatever-is-available" that we all know and love.

I picture them as little Kans made of oil drums, chairs, teapots, and random crap welded and tied together with rope and duct tape...

Every time I think about it I giggle to myself :lol (I wonder if my coworkers suspect...)

I'd like them to be able to be usable as either Last Chancers or Killa kans, and wouldn't want them to be too big of targets, or so small that the beakies would cry about it...

How small can I get away with making Kans? How much would an opponent complain if they were only slightly larger than an ork?

No rush on those though, I want to finish the main chars before starting them...

Last night I spent a couple hours digging through my bitz boxes and even broke apart a couple of 'umie models from my genestealer cult army, and attempted to find the appropriote Uumie weapons to mash together, so I think I've got a good start...

Hopefully tonight I can start at least tacking together some mockups and figuring the pose...

I remember the Uge choppa as always being a waste, has it been improved enough to actually use?
Also do you think an "improved" Uumie chainsword or powersword could pass for one?

Thanks for all the interest guys, glad to see others are 'on the jazz' please keep the comments coming..

-drabber

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
started tacking together a couple different poses for Kurnel Djon "Kaniball" Smiv.
the weapons will be upgraded a bit naturally,

Posted Image

cigar in hand, sword on belt, gun in hand

Posted Image

cigar in mouth, sword drawn, gun in hand

I got a mordian head for under his foot, going to paint it to look like one of the MP who were always chasing them

more angles

which pose works better?

-drabber

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 643 posts
  • Army Name:Blazin' Skullz/WAAAGH! Grizlag
Oh god I love this idea! And I love the Trukk! XD And about the posing question I'd say go for the second one, I find it a tad bit more suiting.
QUOTE (Shinobi_8745 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Secondly, it's Snikrot, he can sneak with squeeky penguin slippers if he want to.

QUOTE (DeathCat147 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn right he is, he's so damn sneaky he can get across a minfield covered in bubble wrap while wearing his squeeky penguin slippers and neon green poncho, and still nobody will notice him

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Posted Image

melta type scorcha, I intend to make it a bit more like a welder, also tried a few other versions and poses in the following link.

Posted Image

here he is with heavy bolter, combi weapon... this sort of heavy fire power seems a bit much for him though

Posted Image

tried a bunch of versions, feel like the thrown rokkit might be a bit too silly, not sure yet.

more angles and such

I think I need to look away and come back to this tomorrow...

let me know what seems to be working, or not...

-drabber