Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

custom poseable action figure deathskullz ork and gretchin ( new pics)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

soulbrother73

soulbrother73

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
Hello this is my first post here , i have recently got into customizing action figures and figured warhammer has some great characters . I have done a few Beakies , but this is my first ork ,so i figure this would be a good place to get opinions , please let me know what you think.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Hello again i have recently add some new photos to my photobucket here are a few and the link,
http://s206.photobuc...79/jdblade2006/ , and also the links to my auctions , the ork
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

, and the scout http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem .Here are some new pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz
The head needs to be lowered more and the butt needs to stick out more, so that the Ork has a hunched back, but overall I really like them, and you make these? Awesome. I wish I had these in my youth.

Gorkel

Gorkel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 35 posts
  • Army Name:Death Korpse OF Gork
Really amazing i agree with the above post on what should be changed but its still great how it is. I just wish these where for sale :biggrin

geoff123

geoff123

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 336 posts
  • Army Name:Taking Care of Business
This is really amazing. I like the beaky too, what did you base these on? You sould sell these, they would make a ton on eBay.

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
His weapons need to be much BIGGER.
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

elflord

elflord

'Ard Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Rozgit's boyz
A one liner: How big are they?
Steelbone Rozgit: da blu'-eyed Warboss
........................: da 'umie Crusher

Grobrotz

Grobrotz

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
  • Army Name:too much greenskins
Is it a Hulk Toy you based your Ork on?

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef
Welcome to the WAAAGH! soulbrother73! :cheers
Ironically enough, while this is an Ork modelling forum, I don't think we have ever looted a posable action figure before. Congratulations on breaking new ground. :thumbs

His weapons need to be much BIGGER.

Only the Stikkbombs, Tankbusta Bomb and Choppa. The Shoota is fine, if a little thin on the barrel.
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

soulbrother73

soulbrother73

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts

This is really amazing. I like the beaky too, what did you base these on? You sould sell these, they would make a ton on eBay.

Hey thanks alot the ork was my most recent one , and i have sold most of these on ebay , and a couple of them have been commissions ,but i will have the ork on ebay in the next couple of days.

A one liner: How big are they?

They were made from 7 inch figures so they gain an inch or so from the added armor.

Is it a Hulk Toy you based your Ork on?

You are correct , a marvel legends savage hulk for the ork a LOTR gollum for the gretchin , and various wwe ruthless aggression figures for the Beakies.

stompy mek boy

stompy mek boy

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 287 posts
  • Army Name:peetr paans speedy ladz
hmmm, interesting, i must give this a try,

Got Bitz?

Got Bitz?

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 121 posts
That scouts in for a world of hurt. Those are awesome! How do you do the heads? Do you have to sculpt them?

soulbrother73

soulbrother73

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts

That scouts in for a world of hurt. Those are awesome! How do you do the heads? Do you have to sculpt them?

Yes both rhe heads are sculpted and then i make scilicone rubber molds of them and then cast them in resin. I used the same method to make the scouts armor.

Gorkel

Gorkel

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 35 posts
  • Army Name:Death Korpse OF Gork
I would say the scout looks better than the ork however im guessing its your first atempt at an ork so all's forgiven :D I would still like to place a bid on that ork and any more scouts you happen to sell on ebay to. You do still keep the moulds from your old casts dont you?

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
I hope you really don't need me to tell you about the kind of legal poo you can get in with this... teasing about with "wargame action figures" will only protect models that aren't directly obvious. I really really really like what you're doing, all I'm saying is be careful.
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

Ded Ard

Ded Ard

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 33 posts
  • Army Name:Skull Crusha'z Speedy 'n Stompy Boyz
I would say make the gunz a little less weedier (think thick barrels) and the gretchinz head is to big for his body, just dosent look right, apart from that good work!

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 342 posts
  • Army Name:Der Speedy Gitz (KoS)
EDIT: Sorry, acidentally double posted this, but can't delete it. If a Nob sees this I'd be grateful should they zzap this post into the Warp. Cheers
Check this out its so funny!

"Actually, in the civilised world, it is spelt dumbarse"- Unknown Author
"Thought of da day: It’z easier to Shoot stuff dead than to chop it dead, but it’z not as fun."- Atomic Top Hat
Some people are like sllnky's. They bring a smile to our face as we push them down a set of stairs.
"If that was my cat i woulda punted it through a window. Actually, i would do that anyway."-Jolly Ork

RIP Jolly.

Special thanks to Mukrot for the avatar!!!!! It's so cool!!!!!!

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 342 posts
  • Army Name:Der Speedy Gitz (KoS)
That is so cool. You have a gallery of your past builds? Repeating the above: you COULD make SO much outta these. Are they figures with green stuf and plasticard built on top, or the great professional stuff that companies make things out of?
Check this out its so funny!

"Actually, in the civilised world, it is spelt dumbarse"- Unknown Author
"Thought of da day: It’z easier to Shoot stuff dead than to chop it dead, but it’z not as fun."- Atomic Top Hat
Some people are like sllnky's. They bring a smile to our face as we push them down a set of stairs.
"If that was my cat i woulda punted it through a window. Actually, i would do that anyway."-Jolly Ork

RIP Jolly.

Special thanks to Mukrot for the avatar!!!!! It's so cool!!!!!!

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,391 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
These are very cool, I'm impressed with how professional they look. I know it's an ork forum, but could you link us to pictures of your beakie action figures? The scout does look pretty cool.

DEATHSKULL LOOTA

DEATHSKULL LOOTA

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
Absolutly awesome, looks like something you'd buy from a "Toys r us" or something, very professional! You can feel the raw aggression pouring forth from the pics!
If it aint nailed down, its mine!
If it is nailed down, Ive got a claw hammer!
Any which way, ITS MINE!

soulbrother73

soulbrother73

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
Hey thanks for all the posative feedback , below is a link to my photobucket archive ,alot of better shots of some . The beaky beakie and the grey knight were comissions i did for a couple of guys at figures.com who said the were going to feature my figures in a article . Alot of people bring up the leagal problems of what i am doing , i think i am ok as long as i dont claim a direct association with games workshop and always state that these are customized , which i see as no diffrent than selling a customized miniature.This was my first ork i have another ork head to try out a closed mouth , i think he will get a nice large irongob .
http://s206.photobuc...79/jdblade2006/