Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orky Gameplay Markers!

* * * * * 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
So in wandering around the Internet Wastes the other day, I came across a great idea at AdvancedTauTactica.com. The clever gits had made custom markers for their army that were fish'ead themed. Yes, a great idea... So naturally, I Looted it! Here it is, kustumized and improved, as only we orks can do! Orky Gameplay Markers! This art was made to go on the larger square fantasy bases (the orc sized ones, not the gobbo sized ones), as square is more proppa for orks, and round just isn't! I know this may be a problem for you ladz that don't have the bases around, so you'll either have to buy some (which I think your local store should have for pretty cheap) or loot them from a friend. Alternatively, you can mount these to thick black card or foamboard and they will work just as well. If you do have the smaller square fantasy bases, you'll just have to shrink the art down before you print it - though I am not sure what size would be the exact right size for that. The markerz are organized loosely by color. The black markerz are for your vehicles when they get damaged (there are even different ones for damaged klaws for your kanz so you can keep track easier); the red markers are Wound markers for your Nobz, Warbosses, Big Meks, Painbosses, and Weirdboyz; and the green markers are for morale effects and Hidden Set Up. I want to also take a moment to thank Gaf Naz for his work in redrawing and compiling all the ork glyphs into his glyph thread - that made it a lot easier to decide on what glyphs to use and I didn't have to hunt around on the net looking for them. Thanks a lot, bud! I also want to thank the HQ for helping me decide on what glyphs to use and others to throw in for a better gameplay experience. Special thanks to Hakbash for getting his markers made so fast and letting me use his pics for this thread! Any questions or comments? Let me know and I'll do my best to address them. Nov. 4, 2007 - moved this topic to the Goff Fortress, as they are more suited to gameplay than actual modelling.

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT1830.JPG
  • orkyGameMarkersFlatJPG.jpg

burna_boy

burna_boy

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 190 posts
Those are awesome! Until now I've been using my needlessly-complicated system of colored tokens and coins.... "okay, so 2 cents plus 1 red token equals shaken.....if it's a green token, it's stunned....." Looted!

Morhgoz

Morhgoz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 306 posts
  • Army Name:Goffz, Blood Axez, Snakebiez and Deathskullz
:/ :love Great work, guys! Must for all ork players!
Victory is not important, but large mound of bloody skulls...
...own ones, if nothing else...

da mekka

da mekka

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Freebooterz
  • 533 posts
  • Army Name:None ATM
quite nifty, I'm looting that idea now :P Yoink :lol :cheers
QUOTE (Kr00zA @ Jul 17 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aryldite is a two part glue that stinkz of fish. Its realy messy and not at all recommended for use on small models.

Current projects:

panzee

Win count against Grubsnikk with panzee

Wins: 1 Draw: 0 Loss: 1

Zogmagog

Zogmagog

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 499 posts
  • Army Name:Zogmagog's Red Menazz
Wow! Just what I needed for fielding my 6 kans and a dread. Dey's always doing sumfink wrong. Great job. Thanks you sir(s).
Where's da trukk?

Bloodsbane

Bloodsbane

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 101 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Nazdreg
That is just too cool! Totally stolen without a second's hesitation :D

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Grimteef made us some proppa markers, so being a proppa Goff I figured I'd have to be the first to loot, er I mean make a few. :blush The markers are simple to make all you need is some white PVA glue, standard size fantasy square bases, and a color printer. You can play around with printing sizes to come up with different sized markers. I did a few large 40mm vehicle markers to be used for my gargant. I'm sure you could do smaller ones as well if you like. Maybe small weedy ones for your grots. Da operation is simple; After you print out your markers. Cut out da markers with a pair of sissors. Spread a little glue on your plastic base trying to get an even coat and cover da whole top of the base. Put on one of your markers and press it flat, wipe off the excess glue that spurts out da side with a finger or towel. Set it out for a while to dry and make some more. You could clear coat the markers when they are dry but that really isn't needed. You don't even need to paint the base edge....simply leave it black. Proppa. Da operation is so simple even a Goff can do it. ;) WAAAGH! da proppa Orky markers

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT1831.JPG

"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,750 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
This is lovely guys! Kudos to you lot of Bosses. The glyphs are nicely tweaked. Nice job on puttin' 'em togevva, Haky. Deyz proppa. Every Ork should have a set!
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

goblin3003

goblin3003

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 234 posts
  • Army Name:Black Att Brigandz
brilliant idea, dead simple. just the kind of stuff we like to see on these forumz. :biggrin

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Great idea!!! but i'm gonna improve your idea, i'm gonna make them with plastic card with a banner style! Sadly as soon as I get time for that... thanks for sharing!
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

brutalis

brutalis

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 596 posts
Thanks for these. They are fantastic!

det

det

Phobiak

• Blood Axez
  • 2,221 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps

brilliant idea, dead simple. just the kind of stuff we like to see on these forumz. :biggrin

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

Da BlueFace Loota

Da BlueFace Loota

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 242 posts
  • Army Name:Warband ManikZodStud Of The Deathskulls
Looted! Great, and much better then my small colored dice.
Never play cards with fate... he cheats.

QUOTE (Stovaa @ Mar 24 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What people are doing [Vs Orks] is standing there, firing their lascannons and screaming "IT'S NOT MEQ!"
Bunch of pansies.

GorkaMarkos

GorkaMarkos

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 26 posts
  • Army Name:FreeBooters
I've been using the vehicle damage dice as markers, but these are way better. Thanks for the idea.

cerealkiller195

cerealkiller195

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 278 posts
  • Army Name:Da Unstoppable 'Ordz Uv Boss SnikkRukk
great idea, i thought about doing it myself just haven't had the time as of late. I was either going to put bits of models or GS a rough design for general purpose.
The Wasted Warrior:
"Because no warrior should face battle sober..."

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Optimism: the ability to lie to oneself honestly...</span>

Ashnak of da Bigga Stik Krew

Ashnak of da Bigga Stik Krew

Skarboy

• Goffz
  • 1,479 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bigga Stik Krew
Now that's showin the know-watz uv a brainboy. :thumbs These are very cool and definitely being put to use.
Boyz need 'elp? Bring da Bigga Stik!!!

Ashnak battle survival ratio: 5/15

"WAAAGH! Da Ardfoot iz propa!" - Hakbash

"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

"The time for the emperors chosen to be crushed under foot by iron shod boots and run over by trukks with no shock absorbers. Their era of psychological warfare is over. The time of the cunnin' git is at hand... - Warboss Zoombad

stompy mek boy

stompy mek boy

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 287 posts
  • Army Name:peetr paans speedy ladz
one word 6 letters L O O T E D
  • Gorlock likes this

oberst_kramer

oberst_kramer

Kommando

• Bad Moonz
  • 967 posts
  • Army Name:Tuznik Boneshaka' 'Eavystomping Horde
That's so looted! I'll have to change some of the lettering, as Spanish gits don't get a word of English, so imagine if it's in orky! I'll have to translate it to "orky" spanish, but I will use them for sure!
More Krumpin' and less talkin'

Jean-Luc Picard ends with 'Ard!

"There's a difference between bein' Smart boy an' bein' a Smart Git Gimzod"- Kommanda Uzgob, from Deff Skwadron

Waaagh Tuznik's Noo Codex kill tally sofar: W:18 D:3 L:3

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
Thanks bosses :thumbs ... looted! Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

oberst_kramer

oberst_kramer

Kommando

• Bad Moonz
  • 967 posts
  • Army Name:Tuznik Boneshaka' 'Eavystomping Horde
I know there are not so much Spanish people here at the-waaagh, but for those I've made this little modification to the original, credits to the bosses though. For the other gitz, you can have a laugh about how Orks speak Spanish! ;) counterz_espanyol.jpg
More Krumpin' and less talkin'

Jean-Luc Picard ends with 'Ard!

"There's a difference between bein' Smart boy an' bein' a Smart Git Gimzod"- Kommanda Uzgob, from Deff Skwadron

Waaagh Tuznik's Noo Codex kill tally sofar: W:18 D:3 L:3