Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BattleFortress Baneblade comp entry

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
My comp entry, A scratchbuilt looted baneblade turned into a battlefortress.
First, the fluff: :soap

The Adapteus Mechanicus outpost was located at the bottom of a valley, surrounded by finished rhinos and other vehicles. The dome of the factory was evenly plated with steel, and riveted to an incredible level. Within, hundreds of servitors toiled to make the newest construction, a baneblade.
Back beyond the curve of the valley, twenty Orks waited. The Kommando boss was instructing them on the plan. "Roight, herez da plan. Get through the piles of tankz quietly. Sneek into the faktoree, and kill da cybork'd up humies in dere. Then, I plant da bomm, and we take as many tankz as we kan. Undastood!" The boyz understood. At that moment, Bigmek dakka strode into the middle of the group. "It's time," he said.
The Boyz sneaked through the bushes, preparing to strike, until one boy stood on a las trap, and five heavy bolter turrets sprung up from the building. "Waaagh!" the whole group screamed as they rushed into the building, losing only six orks to incoming fire. The boyz then pushed and sliced their way through the unarmed servitors, as BigMek Dakka and the Kommando nob axed the Techmarines and Techpriests. When the Kommando nob reached the air vents, he shoved Da Big Bomm into it, and ran for cover. Simutaneously with this the BigMek reached the baneblade, and jumbed into it, shouting for his boyz to follow. The many boyz scrambled onto it, and the Kommando jumped on at the last minute as it drove out the door. The area was wiped out in an almighty bang, leaving only four rhinos and the baneblade in a useable manner.
Bigmek Dakka looked over the Baneblade, and saw it's turrets were missing, and got to work.

Here's the rules: :dakka
Posted Image

EDIT: Pics:
Some modifications I've made:
Posted Image
Zoom on the scaffolding:
Posted Image
A few extra armour plates plus a platform that's collapsing, will have a grot hanging for his life:
Posted Image
My scratch-built Zzap gun:
Posted Image
And the Battlecannon:
Posted Image
The rest of the images will be lower down the page due to the limit on pics per post.
Mekboy dakka
Current projects:
BattleFortress from Baneblade!
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob
Better scratchbuilt battlewagon

Support orkytown! Click here and here! Click one per day!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
But then the question arises... Why was your looted wagon facing backwards?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
4 Structure points for a BattleFortress? Thats too much unless its Gargant sized... and seeings how your basing it on a BaneBlade Im sure it wont be. 14 armour all round is a bit cheezy. The rear should be 12 if thats where the engine is... 13 if it has alot of armour protection.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
Thanks for the entry Mekkboy Dakka, but could you please put the finished pics & wips into the first post you have made. Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

oberst_kramer

oberst_kramer

Kommando

• Bad Moonz
  • 967 posts
  • Army Name:Tuznik Boneshaka' 'Eavystomping Horde
Although it costs a lot of points, I think the rules are plain cheezy! What's that about adding structure points while you're gaming? :sowhat , and armour 14 all around? Meermm, I would tone it down both in points, and capabilities, but that's just me, only because I think that some opponents would think this is balanced. Did you use VDR?
More Krumpin' and less talkin'

Jean-Luc Picard ends with 'Ard!

"There's a difference between bein' Smart boy an' bein' a Smart Git Gimzod"- Kommanda Uzgob, from Deff Skwadron

Waaagh Tuznik's Noo Codex kill tally sofar: W:18 D:3 L:3

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
I decided to do the adding structure points thing because it looks like a construction site now, but will edit to fit in your suggestions now.
EDIT: @oberst framer: I did use VDR, then addes cost for upgrades.
EDIT2:

The rear armor should definately be lower

I'm just following Kr00zAs advice, and 12 too high?
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Doctor Thunder

Doctor Thunder

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 129 posts
  • Army Name:CyberManders Speed Freaks
The rear armor should definately be lower
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

QUOTE(Big Boss Spike @ Jun 21 2006, 10:22 AM) View Post

theyz a buch uv skinks!!!!

that's the most ridiculous thing i've seen on this site :/

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
More pics here:
It needed to be bigger, so why not add a rhino?
Posted Image
I started on some scaffolding:
Posted Image
From the front:
Posted Image
A drop down firing platform at the back
Posted Image
And a skull symbol on the front.
Posted Image
Next up, a skullhamma kannon and yet another platform:
Posted Image
Deffrolla:
Posted Image
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Even more pics:
A section of scaffolding broke, so I'm going to have a half-open door there:
Posted Image
Here's one of the big shootas:
Posted Image
The engine:
Posted Image
The platform with mekboy dakka looking over the baneblade:
Posted Image
An overhead view showing a spare spanner i used for this conversion:
Posted Image
And nearly the whole thing:
Posted Image
Next post, tutorials.
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Tutorials:
Weldlines Tutorial:
Add a thin strip of modelling clay or green stuff to the joint you want welded:
Posted Image
And get a knife to smooth out the substance over the joint, then put small cuts in it as shown.
Posted Image
And there you have it!
Flag tutorial:
Glue a toothpick with the ends chopped off onto the platform, using something to hold it there. I find there is a choppa which does this perfectly.
Posted Image
Now get a bit of breakfast cereal box cardboard and cut it to this shape: (Plasticard does not work.)
Posted Image
Next, rip it up a bit, and bend it.
Posted Image
Now attach it to the pole, and voila!
Posted Image

@tepok, I couldn't put this quantity of photos into one post, sorry.
Also, if Tepok deems it ok, any suggestions are welcome, but due to the competition nature, I think not.
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

fleshfeaster

fleshfeaster

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
  • Army Name:Redjaws
im glad that you made it bigger/. any vehicle that costs more than 100 shootas has got to be big. i agree that if you drop the armor values down some you will be able to drop the total cost some AND make it less cheesy in the process. also... maybe it shouldnt be fast.
My boyz stomped in da welling blood as into a riva, da wheels of me bespattaed with blood and filth. i filled da plain with da corpses of da humies like hebage. the panic of me onslaught overwhelmed them like GORK and they fled, passin scaldin urine and voiding excrement in their pantis.

I HATE fish'ead.

lord opium

lord opium

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 108 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Urok

also... maybe it shouldnt be fast.

i disagree because isn't a skullhammer fast after all? great model so far :thumbs , but my oppinion is that it should only allowed to carry 1 squad and it shold not have re-rolls on its grot riggers or it should lose 1 or more of its ork fields because don't stompas only have a few. then you could make it cheaper in points. overall exelent work :cheers

Skarnuckle

Skarnuckle

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
Nice use of cardboard. I tae it that you did not have access to plastic card? Will you paint it? If, so, make sure you seal it before you do, or else the paint will absorb into the cardboard and make it soggy. Seal it before and seal it after. Skarnuckle
Push dat button, throw dat leva, who da 'ell wants to live fer ever.

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
can you PM me where you got the template for that rhino?
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
How do I seal it? And also, I don't have acces to plasticard. I couldn't find a list of products or anything on the plasticrust site. And, the templates for the rhino are here:
http://www.btinterne...on64/rhino1.gif
And here.
http://www.btinterne...on64/rhino2.gif
I suggest, for added strength, stick each part of the template onto plasticard, cut it out, then remove the template. I just used a paper template, and it needed several repair jobs.
Current projects:
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
Mekboy Dakka Build 55/65 I think this build would have turned out a lot better if you had done it in plasticard, as its a lot easier to work with, and card board doesn’t let you add many details. The overal shape of the tank is good, and the idea is very good too, but as I said, the cardboard kinda hindered you. Thread: 28/30 Nice thread, lots of pictures, wips and tutorials, nothing to complain about, except that you posted your pictures several weeks apart, for which i deducted 2 points. Bonus: 5/5 The one advantage of not using plasticard is that it certainly made you think, and some of the uses for certain materials are really well thought out. 88/100 thanks for taking part :cheers Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

kernal dragnatz

kernal dragnatz

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
I like the use of paper. Cheaper and more efficient. However, I would say it would be worth investing in a rhino tank (or something similiar) Just so you can add better doors and armour plates made from the tank. Also, I dont think it should be a fast vechile. A 100 ton tank won't sail through the battle, just chug along slowly. Nice work though.
Weedy post count but I'm big, mean and green!

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,555 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Threadnomancy Begone!!! :sowhat Let this topic die in peace...
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/