Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[WIP] My Stompa, Classic & Mekboy version

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Valandras

Valandras

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 235 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Goldgobs Gitsquishas
Sorry if this is a bit of a dumbass question, but how did you do that amazing weathering effect on da plates? Awesome build, looking forward to seeing it painted. Only problem is, all my projects seem somewhat.......well, crap compared to this :(
Stomp! Stomp!!! STOMP!!!

"Never try to run away from a tyranid. They will catch you and eat you. Then again, you could always climb a tree. Then you'll get a nice view before the knock the tree down and eat you."

QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Apr 16 2008, 08:36 PM)
Any time, any place, any Waaagh

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Thank you all guys for your comments. Even it's looking good rigth now, the end of a project with such a size is always the hardest part. You get borried of it and want to begin another project. I'm resisting really hard to not begin nexts projects until this one is done! I'm going to buy the new ork spear head and I know I have to finish that stompa before buy this box :blush Else I will postpone my Stompa again and again. I have to finish it.

@Valandras : weathering is done with Modelling Files. I use both handy and Dremel tool. I use the handy one for border and corner, and Dremel for inside surface, where you cannot reach such an angle with a handy Modelling Files. See this exemple for Dremel use:

Posted Image

@4tonmantis : Thank you. Yeah it still needs more works and I've got another deadline in 15 days to finish the construction. I come back to France for Christmas and I must bring it back home totaly done. My Stompa is going to fly! :biggrin

Here are the remaining "to do's" sort by priority:
  • The back needs pipes, platform, exausts and an opened engine.
  • The left front side needs sufaces details.
  • The gatling engine behind the weapon.
  • A shoulder turret with single heavy shoota.
  • A single rear heavy shoota.
Finally, If we consider this deadline, it took me 2 months to built this Stompa with almost all my free time on it. Something like 100-120 hours of work.
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

Grimshank

Grimshank

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:Grimshanks Badmoon Boyz
Cyroul, sir, please PLEASE aplyfor a job at GW! that is the best model i have ever seen in my life. when the stompa is completly done i will most likely crap my pants.

homerjwho

homerjwho

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 50 posts
My god, your stuff amazes and inspres me every time. That is one of (if not the most) proppa looking stompas I have seen, and that lifta-droppa arm is simply awesome.
Duct tape baby.