Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[WIP] My Stompa, Classic & Mekboy version

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
"Da Pizza Rolling cutter" ™© :D

Check My secret for these tiny rivets , you've got all you've to know about this magic tool

And thanks for the translate tip, I update my signature to provide an english version. If I got time, maybe I will make a true english version of my blog.
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Looks great. But I think the large rivetz are a bit too big ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
I've Slighltly Udpate my Stompa by making the shape of the lifta dropa grabba. Just need more details and small rivets. I will add a pearl between the two grabba fingers to make a proppa magnetic stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks pretty good with that huge crane over its shoulder!
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
This is really great. One of the best traditionaly styled stompas I've seen. I love the weighty "sit" and nicley chunky details.

Grazbuk

Grazbuk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
  • Army Name:Grazbuk's Yoofz
it's looking good, Cyroul, the one thing i would change is to beef up the hydraulics on the crane arm, make it look a bit more over the top.
Waaaagh!!

Waaagh Grazbuk: "Buttkicking for Orkiness"

DoKrazy

DoKrazy

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 208 posts
  • Army Name:Sons of Mork
AWESOME, that's one of the better Stompa i had ever seen! :thumbs Thanks a lot for the rivet tool tip, if anybody want one you can currently find it on the plastruct website 75%off (really cheap).Can you say how big is this beast?and are you going to paint it? Great work one again!!!!!!!!! Bye!! :cheers
All you need is WAAAGH

DEATHSKULL LOOTA

DEATHSKULL LOOTA

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
Awesome! love the gatling gun and the head and ......... well, it all!
If it aint nailed down, its mine!
If it is nailed down, Ive got a claw hammer!
Any which way, ITS MINE!

despot_of_mid_nor

despot_of_mid_nor

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 51 posts
  • Army Name:Garkaz Bashin' Boyz
HOW!!! Thats immence! Seriously, that aint right, its sooo good! Is it better to buy plasticard online than in shops, coz i can only find A4 sheets for like £2 each. Also what are the tubes from? i see alot of these white tubes on convertions, are they a type of plasticard? What thickness do you use as well. I cant get over it, bits like the gat gun and body work are :eek Great work, cant wait to see it painted up. J
The Angelisean Dictionary

The Waaagh:
-A gestalt psychic field orks generate
-The Waaagh is a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.
-The Waaagh is used to refer to an Ork Warboss' army. It can be pronounced "Wah" or "Wor"; both are acceptable. More than three a's in its spelling are also acceptable, but such must include the "!"

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
@ DoKrazy : Just check first page of this thread, you'll see all you need to know about size.

Is it better to buy plasticard online than in shops, coz i can only find A4 sheets for like £2 each.
Also what are the tubes from? i see alot of these white tubes on convertions, are they a type of plasticard?
What thickness do you use as well.

That's a lot of question! :biggrin, thank you for keen words.

First, get a look at www.plastruct.com and you'll find almost all plastic stuff I used for this stompa. Plastic card cost roughtly 1$ each sheet on ebay, just look for "plastruct sheet". 2£ each is quite expensive!

Tubes comes from Plastruct too.

Thickness ? Depends on what you want to do, weapon, boss pole support, armour plates... I always virtually check size with a ruler before buying anything. Is that make sens to you ? I often use 0.3 to 1.5mm plastic card and 1mm to 5mm pipes, hollow or not.

Hope It's helping.

Cyroul

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts

Looks great. But I think the large rivetz are a bit too big ;)

Oh, and how about double them? :D

Posted Image

The Grot bomb turret is nearly finished, grot bomb itself needs more details especialy the cockpit.

Posted Image

I began the giant exhaust, the shape is done. I made some smash effect on it like a on an aluminium can. I've done them by warming the red pipe with a ligther and then press a pen where I wanted these shock appeared.

Posted Image

The grabba just need some more cables and pipes :

Posted Image

And global picture :
Posted Image

DoKrazy

DoKrazy

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 208 posts
  • Army Name:Sons of Mork
Always awesome but i have one question: did you warmed the pipe on the grabba claw to give it this angle? and if there is a tipical way to do it or if it is so simple as i think? Thanks for sharing and tip, i think i will dream of your stompa tonight! Bye!! :cheers
All you need is WAAAGH

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Basically, you just need to warm plastic wih a candle to bend it. Don't forget to be far enough of the flame or your plastic will burn. Just stand rigth 3" or 4" on top of the flame where you want the pipe bent. You have to prepare the angle needed with any corner stuff, like the inside or outside corner of a metal box for biscuits, and once your tube is hot and soft, apply your pipe along the corner. Wait few secondes, once it's get colder, your angle is hard and ready! You got it ?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Adding the smaller rivet over the large onez has realy done the trick ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
Fantastic work... slight suggestion that would be hard but add some character... why not damage the pipe on the grabber arm and have cabling inside? That would make it look a little imperfect and give it extra >oomf< also are there long term plans for adding snotlings and gretchin? What about fungus crops? IMO you've set a very high standard for large builds like this and I can't wait to see this thing painted! side rambling... I would love to see side by side pictures of this, ein's, mousemuffins, and krooza's, daGoffRokka's (and there were at least 2 others that stand out that I can't think of atm) all painted up for size comparison, overall build, and the approaches that the different builders took...
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Update! The last 3 days, I spent my free time on this titan close combat weapon. It's a huge chainsaw powered by its own engine. In addition to it, I've build the suppa skorcha over the teeth. Just imagine this monster in action, it opens a large hole in an enemy vehicle, such as land raider and then floods its inside like hell.

The rear cube box is the arm engine. It powers, thanks to that huge transmission belt another box which splits power between a skorcha gaz pump and the chain saw. 2 gaz barils feed both the supa skorcha and the chainsaw engine. It's almost finished, it just more and more rivets and a mechanic arm to link the chainsaw to the shoulder. That thing is very huge. Let's see it :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The bottom grey pipe is only their to support the arm for the photo :
Posted Image

So now, this is how the whole monster look, with a homemade megarmoured nob to show the scale :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
I've not given this sort of compliment in a long time.. but I think you just built the best miniature ever... Is there more to be done before painting or is it pretty much set?
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
The whole model is incredible! Great detail all around. :thumbs The chainsaw teeth remind me of shark's teeth with the serrations. Serious ouch! Any plans for riggers or krew?

Sukz Da' Nob

Sukz Da' Nob

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 683 posts
  • Army Name:Da' Butchas of Bavgad!!!
Stunning in it's Orkyness!!! Can't wait to see this thing painted...
Ork Psychology and morale is directly linked to the number of boyz around them at any given time. Just like frat boys, only with more Dakka...

QUOTE (Mad Grot Docsnik @ Jun 26 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea of it being under construction. "...and now witness the power of this fully armed and operational... STOMPA!"

Mekboy dakka

Mekboy dakka

telescoping arm

• Deathskullz
  • 493 posts
Best. Stompa. Ever. I NEED one of those. While reading this I subconsciously opened plasticard order forms. Enter that in a golden demon when painted. Seriously.
Current projects:
BattleFortress from Baneblade!
Scratchbuilt warboss
Nobz Mob
Better scratchbuilt battlewagon

Support orkytown! Click here and here! Click one per day!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
But then the question arises... Why was your looted wagon facing backwards?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
I must say that this is the best old skool styled stompa Ive ever seen. The attention to detail is very impressive. Cant wait to see it painted.
Nuf Said.