Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[WIP] My Stompa, Classic & Mekboy version

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Arglebooster

Arglebooster

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 19 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
I think it looks like it will fall backwards, especially once all the big guns are on, which will be behind the center of gravity. Leaning forward would probably fix that, or maybe having an extrodinarily long gun or two. The detail work is great though, keep up the good work.

Zogmagog

Zogmagog

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 499 posts
  • Army Name:Zogmagog's Red Menazz
Wow! Another awesome build. That lifta droppa arm is complete madness, very fine indeed. The cannon flame plating is also great. I can't wait to see more.
Where's da trukk?

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Looks like a great start to me. :thumbs The body looks well built and the lifta droppa arm has some really nice detailing on it. Feet look good too - welcome to kinderklub. ;) Looking forward to seeing this come together. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
You're all welcomes for your comments. These last days i've added rare earth magnets on every turrets and arms support, I don't know yet if I will either glue or magnetize shoes. I've also nearly finished the Supa Gatling left arm. Here it is :

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As you can see it, this Supa Gatling is the little brother of KrOOzA's Armorcast Gargant Gatling! Another stolen idea, master ;)

The next step is the rigth arm : a Slacha Zaaap which will count as the gaze of Mork. A 60" range Zaaap with 3 shoot per turn deserves more than a bionik kustom stompa eye!

Here is a Slacha Zaaap mounted on this Gargant I found on the web :

Posted Image
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Nice work on the GatlinKannon. Now ya got me thinkin maybe I should make a crane-arm for me Great Gargant!
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Gereth

Gereth

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 147 posts
Good Gork Cyroul! This thing is a beauty mate! Keep it coming. I'm in love with the gatling gun!
Ye Olde Painting Frog: Home of my painted models.

The Painting Frog: New home of my painted models.

Zog

Zog

Wants Panzies

• Bad Moonz
  • 484 posts
  • Army Name:Zogs Boyz
Fantastic build so far love the gattlin kannon The lifta droppa is brilliant Cant wait to see this finished. Go for it! :thumbs :cheers
Gone crazy.... Back soon....

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Update! The Slaasha Zaaap is almost done, the Stompa Head is nearly over, just need a rear door. Next step is the rear giant engine, and adding detail to the body.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I try something funny to show you the scale of the head. I expect to build the inside of this head, with a crazy Mekboy driving this Stompa, but not now.

Posted Image
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
The head looks completely awsum ;) I like the OTT worn edges you make as they make it look so much more Orky. I think you need to make the feet larger by adding a chunky sole. On my Gargant I added these... and extending them back beyond the origanal foot print realy helped make the model more balanced.

Attached Thumbnails

• Foot.JPG

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

fleshfeaster

fleshfeaster

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
  • Army Name:Redjaws
love the build. you are truly a platicard master. the gattlin is 110% orky proppa. nothin like 1st turn annihilation by openning up with a gat like that. having scratch built my own stomp i have no idea how you all get such detailed work to come together so perfectly. cant wait to see this painted. oh... i have to agree with krooza that the shoes need some thick spiky soles on em to beef em up some. other than that its a great start. proppa.
My boyz stomped in da welling blood as into a riva, da wheels of me bespattaed with blood and filth. i filled da plain with da corpses of da humies like hebage. the panic of me onslaught overwhelmed them like GORK and they fled, passin scaldin urine and voiding excrement in their pantis.

I HATE fish'ead.

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
@Krooza : Sorry but I don't know what's OTT? Thanks mates. You're rigth, it needs larger foot base. They will fit better the global Stompa large shape and will be more reallistic to support such a heavy weigth. I've just received an Ebay auction with always more Plastruct stuff and some new tools :D Such as : - a large self-healing green mat cutting board, very usefull for this kind of work. The board's "self-healing" ability is really true and impressive. It's also a cool background color to make propa pictures of WIP stuff. - A new puncher which makes 1/8" large rivets. I've got all I need to make a good step in this project! I'm thinking a stompa needs so much time to be made properly! It's a very long project but very exciting too.

Grazbuk

Grazbuk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
  • Army Name:Grazbuk's Yoofz
OTT = Over The Top. =] i'd just like to add my slobbering and drooling to the general positive comments you've recieved so far - looking great! +1 for Krooza's "get mo' Soul/sole" recommendation.
Waaaagh!!

Waaagh Grazbuk: "Buttkicking for Orkiness"

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
thank you for the definition and pardon my approximative english :) Here is what I mentioned before :

Posted Image

Posted Image

The green background is perfect for both making propa WIP photos and doing safe cutting job. My only advice about it: If you were not sure about buying one, I can confirm it, it worth it.

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Ok I answer to myself and I like that :D So you guys wanted larger foot, take a look at that ;) The rigth one is finished, and the left one almost done, just need a glyph and spikes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We can see the tilt on this one, but it's not glued and not definitive.

Posted Image

I will tell you more about the Slaasha Zaaap when finished. Enough work for tonight, Time to bed now... Oh and did I say I loved my new green board??? :D:D

Zog

Zog

Wants Panzies

• Bad Moonz
  • 484 posts
  • Army Name:Zogs Boyz
Looking Even better! :thumbs as if that was possible!!! love the damaging on the plates and the head is awsome! More more! :thumbs
Gone crazy.... Back soon....

boss loosalot

boss loosalot

Swab Squig

• Grotz
  • 78 posts
  • Army Name:itsallfutile
Absolutely fantastic mate! can't wait to see it finished.
bloody wraithlords!!!!

da mekka

da mekka

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Freebooterz
  • 533 posts
  • Army Name:None ATM
I want to make gargantz now, but I ain't got the time or the money to do it :crybaby Gratz on the build so far ;) Cheerz
QUOTE (Kr00zA @ Jul 17 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aryldite is a two part glue that stinkz of fish. Its realy messy and not at all recommended for use on small models.

Current projects:

panzee

Win count against Grubsnikk with panzee

Wins: 1 Draw: 0 Loss: 1

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
I'm back with a lot of details added. The body is more than half finished, which is a good thing if I considere all the time I spent to add that amount of details! What a slow process! Anyway, I'm prety happy with the result, let's see it :

Posted Image

So, extern shoulder bits are done :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the shoulder kustom force field :

Posted Image

The twin linked heavy shoota of the classic Stompa version :

Posted Image

The shoulder turrets are magnetised and ready to support there load :

Posted Image

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Oh and I forgot to mention that I created a blog website about my work. The only problem for most of you is that it's in french, but anyway, pictures are speechless :)

http://leplastiqueal...e.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

Grazbuk

Grazbuk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
  • Army Name:Grazbuk's Yoofz
i just checked out your blog, Cyroul, using the Babelfish to translate for me :biggrin [google it, you lot, it makes lie so much easier!] to the Waaaghers that haven't had a look already, just find babelfish, drop the URL for Cyroul's page into it and specify french to english in the appropriate box - all done!

oh, and while you're there, make sure you check out his photos on flickr, there's a good collection of inspiration, as well as some great shots of his work.

just wanted to say that your using a dremel tool to wear and weather your plasticard is inspired! so simple and easy to do, many thanks for that idea. secondly, what's the tool you use that makes the rivets? what is this tool called?
Waaaagh!!

Waaagh Grazbuk: "Buttkicking for Orkiness"