Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[WIP] My Stompa, Classic & Mekboy version

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Da Inspiration

After 2 weeks of pure reflexion about how a stompa must be, I finally set up my mind. Before begining anything, I lurked on the web to find inspiration and here is the link to what I found. It's pretty classik, and that's what I want for my Stompa : A very classic old school design.

What is needed
I want a convertible Stompa with changeable weapons to be able to play a Classic Stompa or a Mekboy Stompa to fit every game's situations. So I must make a body base and every possible weapons available. Each weapon can be changed thanks to rare earth magnet.

Da blue prints

I draw more and more scheme with the "needed" list in mind to finally reach what I wanted. This is the result for the Stompa body. It's 8" tall from ground to head, and will be 10-11" with the shoulder litfa droppa. Just PM me if you want the .psd file, for Microsoft Visio, with the right scale blue print in milimeter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I begin construction of this huge project this week-end.
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

Widge567

Widge567

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
  • Army Name:Bone Crumpin' Boyz
Question why don't I see the bird houses from the side?
Founder of the Bone Crumpin' Boyz
Lead by Warboss Nagrak

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
@Widge : Because they are circular and they hide the head on the side view, so I avoid them. I forgot to mention this blueprints was not as serious as true technical blue print :) I add some details in single view when I felt It was necessary to.
My french blog : ..... www.leplastiquealacarte.com ..... Da Resin Deff Wagon .....

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 372 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaagh! Grimbad
Make the belly gun less of a phallic cannon. Keep the hole around it, but for gorks sake make sure its a belly gun. Then it'll look good.

Tinners

Tinners

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 362 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Korp uv Krump

Make the belly gun less of a phallic cannon. Keep the hole around it, but for gorks sake make sure its a belly gun.
Then it'll look good.

Then it wouldnt be like the old epic models. I say go with the old style gun, it will fit in more with your other stuff.

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
"Classic" Stompas never had a belly gun, let alone one in the crotch, but the Old Skool Gargants & Slashas sure did. The original Mekboy Gargant was flat up front as well. Nothing wrong with the crotch gun IMO and scale will play far more into how the model translates into Stompa-ness.

Tinners

Tinners

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 362 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Korp uv Krump
Well the new stompas are pretty much gargant sized, so I think he means classic design, new rules?

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
@ Ghudra : Sure it's not exactly a Fluffy conversion Epic to 40k. It's a mix among all kind of Classic Gargant design. I don't want to make 10 Stompas :) So my single one must contains all that well known caracteristic sign. My list of what I absolutly want to be part of my mekboy stompa is :
  • A classic belly gun
  • 2 rear shoulders weapons, left one with lifta droppa, right one with grot bomb based on a modified Pulsa Roket
  • 2 cylindrics turrets over the arms, with roof and big shoota
  • Main weapons : supa zaaap (Gaze of Mork) on the left, Supa gatling on the rigth
  • A bulk shape based on new great gargant and slasha gargant
  • round shoes like the old Great Gargant
So let's see what it looks after the 5 first shours :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ghudra

Ghudra

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
A few other features that always struck me as "classic" on Gargants were the shingled roofing, sandbags, and of course, Da Snapper! :biggrin

gargsnappa__Medium_.JPG

Were you planning on basing it?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Glad to see so many of my old epic stuff has inspired you. The only one of them I still own is the Epic MekBoy Gargant.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Update! The bulk body is finished and ready to be covered with details. The foot/shoes are on the way, just need more details. The belly gun is almost finished, but too simple IMO. I will add something to it, don't know what yet. The shoulder lifta-droppa is almost done. All its mechanic arm is ready, just need the essential : the grabba. I've also began a shoulder grot bomb. I'm waiting for some stuff from Ebay to begin main weapons ( such as rare earth magnets... :D very efficient for a stompa).

The bulk body :
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The hide rear door, sligtly inside :
Posted Image

the belly gun with large flame :

Posted Image

the lifta dropa arm, just need the grabba :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Da grot bomb made of a very old shool Pulsa roket, i'm particulary proud of it :D so tiny!

Posted Image

The left foot, still need more rivets and mechanical piston to reach the stompa : ( Oh and Yes, the yellow sphere is a Surprise Kinder toy's box)

Posted Image

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
And if I put together all these parts, it's 10" tall :

Posted Image

Time to sleep now :D

Zorbag Skullsplitta

Zorbag Skullsplitta

Steel Teef

• Speed Freaks
  • 674 posts
  • Army Name:Skullsplittas Speed Freeks!!!
WOW! That really does look like its coming together nicely. Amazing plasticard work on the arm. I watch projects like these but I rarely comment as I don't think I have the patience or skilll to make one. You make it look not impossible though. Thanks for the inspiration. Ill be watching. :biggrin
The Waaagh.. My sole diversion in what has otherwise been a pale and unamusing season.

There are some people who will tell you that haphazardly adding zombies to any game does not neccesarily improve it. Those people are idiots. GI

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
@ Zorbag : thanks you dude ^^ ! I'm glad if this show inspires you!

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Very nice work so far. Im hoping ur going to tilt it slightly to give it a sence of movment as I did on my ArmorCast Gargant. Would work well. Both machines have the same foot and foot housing design.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
@Krooza : Tilt it ? Of course I will! I always keep in mind the ArmorCast Great Gargant as a very good old skool look and feel for my stompa. It's one of my mains references for my Stompa. Your Armorcast Gargant is a masterpiece and pardon me but I will borrow you many of your ideas, especially the tilt position and the mega gatling gun :thumbs

Ashnak of da Bigga Stik Krew

Ashnak of da Bigga Stik Krew

Skarboy

• Goffz
  • 1,479 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bigga Stik Krew
Very nice work here. That lifta droppa arm came out great. Nobody can say it needs any more rivets, either, that's for sure. ;)
Boyz need 'elp? Bring da Bigga Stik!!!

Ashnak battle survival ratio: 5/15

"WAAAGH! Da Ardfoot iz propa!" - Hakbash

"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

"The time for the emperors chosen to be crushed under foot by iron shod boots and run over by trukks with no shock absorbers. Their era of psychological warfare is over. The time of the cunnin' git is at hand... - Warboss Zoombad

92acclude

92acclude

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 292 posts
Really fantastic work, the detail so far is most impressive.

Cyroul

Cyroul

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
Ok here is the .PDF blueprint file as someone requested it. Enjoy. Attached File  Cyroul_ork_stompa_blueprint.pdf   16.15KB   820 downloads

Obscura

Obscura

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 148 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh GrimGor ( Goff / Deff Skull Tribe )
Gargant's coming along nicely, really like the detail work you've put into it so far and the lifta dropa arm is definitely giving me some inspiration on how I'll create mine (eventually). With the way you've got that lifta coming along I'm sure the rest of the Gargant's weaponry will come out great. Have a question though, do you plan to put banner poles with elaborate banners upon your Gargant once its finished? It'd really give it that old school Gargant feel if you did.
I first produced my Slugga and then produced my Choppa , I said "Stand and deliver or Gork he may take ye"