Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

new to the Board, Looted russ/demolisher

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Flang

Flang

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
  • Army Name:no set name
Hi all,

Just saying hi and showing off my new Looted demolisher/Russ. I like the site a lot and have been playing orks for a long time now. Glad to find a place where like minded Orks hang. Please let me know what you think.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This build is only the demolisher nothing added, only glue and 5 magnets (Russ barrel, Head). A fried had it in his car over the past few summers so it was warped/melted, from the heat.

xzantrax

xzantrax

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 224 posts
First, welcome to the waaagh! Second: That is a novel way to assemble a leman russ! Nice stompa, only problem I see is the low gound-clearance, it would get stucked on a beercan...
Remember the golden rule of engineering: measure once, cut twice, grind to fit.

Flang

Flang

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
Thx for the Welcome,

only problem I see is the low gound-clearance, it would get stucked on a beercan

Two Words

Grot Riggers...HEhe

xzantrax

xzantrax

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 224 posts
Yeah, riggers are useful for that. But if you have time/parts I think it would look better raised a little bit, either that or riggers running beside it carrying metal ramps used to scale things, and sweeping the area in front of it clean.
Remember the golden rule of engineering: measure once, cut twice, grind to fit.

big boss gold toof

big boss gold toof

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 172 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH .......What ever I feel like at the time !!!
that is one nice loot. im surprised no 1 has done something like that before. well done, amazing work :thumbs
If You can't Beat 'Um... Use A Bigga Stick

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz

that is one nice loot. im surprised no 1 has done something like that before.
well done, amazing work :thumbs

If you are realy unfamilar with the 'RuzzBot' concept then you havent search this forum properly... or even bothered looking at Da Olia'z BlooPrintz for that matter.

This is a great new design in RuzzBot, and its going straight into Da Olia'z ;)

Welcome to Da Waaagh :cheers
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

magos_mechanicus

magos_mechanicus

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,353 posts
  • Army Name:Dok Ork's Lootas

This is a great new design in RuzzBot

I heartily second that!

It puts me in mind of the old skool Runtbotz, only bigger and shootier.

A fine debut on the Waaagh, now I guess you've just got to get it painted ;)
~Nought to lose but my chains,
Internet feeds on my brains~

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
I like this. It's a comfotable step towards a full on stompa and carries many of the stylings that Epic Orks carry. I would like to see taller exhausts and the nice odd bits (lifter arms and grabby bits, and everyone loves a good got tower). Welcome, and you've made a nice showing for your debut.
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Welcome to the waaagh! :cheers I've gotta agree with the others, this is a really nice new take on a ruzz-bot. The tracks look much more orky in you configuration, though I would prefer a little more ground clearance. Nice scenic pics too - your bot's seeking new targets in a desolate wasteland. :biggrin Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Ground clearence? Blah! This way your garanteed to squish everything you run over ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Flang

Flang

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
OK after Reading the posted ideas i made a few changes, but the over all build has not changed. If i ever do any more ill make lots of changes using your ideas.

Using Magnets i have two types of tank, Russ with H-Bolter, 2X H-flamers or Demolisher with Las, 2X Plasma.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ill have this painted soon..

Thx all

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz
Oh-oh-oh-ohh! That is one krumpy fisted sompa of a russ tank! That is very, very, very good! I envy thee. Oh well, I know what I'm going to be doing with my demolisher russ ;) Well done there matey, keep up the good work and I do hope you will be painting it some nice, bloo or yello' colours ;) And throw in a bit of red maybe? If it's going to flatten everything in sight it has to be fast too, don't it ;)

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Personly I think the belly gun is too long. The Demolisha kannon would look better with out the extention. With the new codex soon to be here and the general view being that 'Looted' vehiclez are going to be crappy, you might want to concider turning this into a stompa instead of a RuzzBot. You could make a nice arm mounted Kannon from the BellyGun extention, and fashion a CC weapon for the other arm. Erez a pic... You can keep it looking like a RuzzBot thats had a serious upgrade ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• Stompy.JPG

Nuf Said.

mad mcgobbo

mad mcgobbo

squig attack arm

• Blood Axez
  • 473 posts
  • Army Name:Genrul Gobsmashaz Blood Axes

Personly I think the belly gun is too long. The Demolisha kannon would look better with out the extention.
With the new codex soon to be here and the general view being that 'Looted' vehiclez are going to be crappy, you might want to concider turning this into a stompa instead of a RuzzBot.
You could make a nice arm mounted Kannon from the BellyGun extention, and fashion a CC weapon for the other arm.

using the new codex he can always pay for it as a battlewagon ;)
Genrul Gobsmashaz Victoriez:
++WON: 21++LOST: 3++DREW: 0++
21-3 To da Blood Axez!!!

fleshfeaster

fleshfeaster

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
  • Army Name:Redjaws
i love the build. really nice job. dont agree with some of the other posters though. anything gets caught on the undercarriage, just back up and shoot it, or floor it and just crush the snag to pieces. and yes, i too think it would be find to use as a battlewagon in regular games and perhaps in the new codex if the rules for looted vehicles suck background looks like you are living in californias interior valley. what a great place to breed orksuses. welcome to the waaagh.
My boyz stomped in da welling blood as into a riva, da wheels of me bespattaed with blood and filth. i filled da plain with da corpses of da humies like hebage. the panic of me onslaught overwhelmed them like GORK and they fled, passin scaldin urine and voiding excrement in their pantis.

I HATE fish'ead.

Flang

Flang

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
Thanks for all the Welcomes. Well i have it based and some paint on it for the Ard'boys
Semi-finals. Ill look into getting the fine detail on it later next week. Here are
a few bad photos of it ( I cant get the lighting right for some reason).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I know its Red and Blue (not Yellow), and not very Bad Moon, But It matches the rest
of my army Blood Moon (Bad Moon/Blood Axe) feel to it.

Well Wish Me luck in the Ard' Boys Tournement...

Flang

Ashnak of da Bigga Stik Krew

Ashnak of da Bigga Stik Krew

Skarboy

• Goffz
  • 1,476 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bigga Stik Krew
Very nice. It's always goos to see something get all the way finished around here. So many of us build the best stuff (well, not me) and then never get around to finishing the paint. If i could make one suggestion, it would be to give the tracks a drybrush of a shinier metal (boltgun, maybe).. They would be getting pretty constant wear and the surfaces that routinely touch the ground tend to never get rusty because of that. :thumbs
Boyz need 'elp? Bring da Bigga Stik!!!

Ashnak battle survival ratio: 5/15

"WAAAGH! Da Ardfoot iz propa!" - Hakbash

"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

"The time for the emperors chosen to be crushed under foot by iron shod boots and run over by trukks with no shock absorbers. Their era of psychological warfare is over. The time of the cunnin' git is at hand... - Warboss Zoombad