Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who cares about Gargants when he can have a Stompamob?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Grobrotz

Grobrotz

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
  • Army Name:too much greenskins
For too long I was just lurking around, but this has an end now.
As Apocalypse neared I was tempted to built something big, so I started to build a Warlord Titan out of the Cities of Death sprues.
But then the first pictures of the new Orcs arrived, the rumours became certain and my little heart turned green again.
At first I wanted to built just one bigger Dread as a leader for a Dreadmob, but when I finished the body I couldn´t stop and just built on and on....
So enough blabla :snore :soap
Here are the pictures.
Still very WiP and in need of detailing:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do you think thats all?
No, he brought some fellas with him!

Posted Image

What only 4 of them?
Noo way....

Posted Image

So, that are eight of them in the works, all created mainly out of the Manufactorun set, some parts of the other CoD sets and random bitz.
They are really dirt cheap, out from one Manufactorum set you can build at least 2 of them, or 3 if you strech the bits a llitle, thats a stompa for just 8 Euros!

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
Pretty good use of an existing kit... I have an entire sector on sprue so I'm pretty interested in this. If you could provide more detail I'd be totally ... wow'ed (is that even a word?)
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

xzantrax

xzantrax

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 224 posts
Looking good this far I think. Really like the faceplate of the first one, is that piece converted or straight from the box? These will make a nice stompamob, but they could do vith som plasticard-plates, railings for the crew, random gubbins and stuff to make them less like the "manufactorium on feet" they look like to be right now. That, said, they have a lot of potential!
Remember the golden rule of engineering: measure once, cut twice, grind to fit.

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef

Pretty good use of an existing kit... I have an entire sector on sprue so I'm pretty interested in this. If you could provide more detail I'd be totally ... wow'ed (is that even a word?)

WoW'ed
-adjective
1. Wargamer pulled away from their other hobbies and consumed by the World of Warcraft©
2. Internet misspelling/slang synonymous with astonished
;)

I am very much in love with these Stompas and their relative cheapness of construction. :love However, the detailed nature of the City Sprues actually work against you here. The plasticard parts you used to fill in the gaps do not have as much gubbinization, and that makes them look bad, even when they are well done. Just remember to add Grot and Boy Krew, more armor plates, battle damage, and to arm the armless ones.
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

fleshfeaster

fleshfeaster

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 248 posts
  • Army Name:Redjaws
i think they look great. put em up next to your gargant for the next set of pics. are you allowed a stompa mob under the apacolypse rules. how many points. 4ooo.?
My boyz stomped in da welling blood as into a riva, da wheels of me bespattaed with blood and filth. i filled da plain with da corpses of da humies like hebage. the panic of me onslaught overwhelmed them like GORK and they fled, passin scaldin urine and voiding excrement in their pantis.

I HATE fish'ead.

Grobrotz

Grobrotz

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
Hey, they are still much WiP, I just could not wait to post them. There will be a plenty of Bitz and Rivets added, so all will blend (hopefully) nice together. @xzantrax: yes, those are these parts, i use them almost for all heads, I love those Eyelike things. @fleshfeastter: I will use them first al looted tanks, the first one will be a looted Russ with 3 heavy bolters, the gatlingcannon has 9 barrrels to represet this, but there is still much work to do.

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz
Oh don't forget the hundereds of grots you got to be putting on them, they will look wicked, you could have one falling off and griping on one of the rails for his life. Heh. But I do enjoy them, they all look amazing. Keep up the good work there mate. :thumbs

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
Yearh, for clarity, there is a pretty high possibility for Stompa love... not only fielding them en masse but also if you take the produkshun line and roll 6's every turn. (that's a new stompa beyond the ones in your list.... every turn!).
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

phxren

phxren

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
  • Army Name:haevn't come up with name yet.
I love them, you should make a tutorial for people who want to loots this :) . Can't wait to see more work on them.

Grobrotz

Grobrotz

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
Tutorial will come soon, the basic structure is really easy and fast to do, and very cheap too.

Zogmagog

Zogmagog

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 499 posts
  • Army Name:Zogmagog's Red Menazz
Dang. Here I sit scratch building one stompa and you've knocked out a whole squad. That's roight proppa.
Where's da trukk?

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)

Yearh, for clarity, there is a pretty high possibility for Stompa love... not only fielding them en masse but also if you take the produkshun line and roll 6's every turn. (that's a new stompa beyond the ones in your list.... every turn!).

I'm pretty sure that that rule is not official, it was made up by the players / designers involved in the game (but I'd guess it would work with opponents permission, thats what Im doin with mine)

Back on topic..

They look great! I'd make an army out of them, if you can churn out that many so quickly :thumbs.
I think for my November threat I'll have to make another gargant, I'm starting

But...I wouldnt field these as Stompas, they dont have the right weapons really, and dont look like 4 Structure points, I'd either make it a battlefortress or leman russ (but because it is so much bigger than a Leman Russ, Battlefortress would be best. You'd just need to add 2 more bigger guns (it has 3x big guns, either kannons, zzzap guns or lobbas, and either two Big Shootas / Scorchas / Rokkit launchers)

Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

Grobrotz

Grobrotz

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
eah, they are more mini stompas, and until the new Dex is out I will use them as looted Tanks.

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Someone actually made some blueprints for making Stompaz from CoD stuff a while ago (a GW staff member), and they advised using about four times as many bits as here. :lol While these are the height we're used to for Stompaz, they're not really the size that's reflected by their rules in Apocalypse. These look like they'd be fantastic for a counts-as Armoured Krumpany though- I can see this mob stomping their way across a flank. Maybe you could count them as an Emperor's Fist Company, or something? Maybe give them BS2 to make them more Orky (it doesn't affect the battlecannon anyway! ;) )

(btw, for anyone interested that other CoD Stompa I mentioned is here.)

invivos

invivos

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 598 posts
Very nice, they look really cute! :biggrin Good to see someone else giving the CoD-tiles a try for building orky stuff like stompas and gargants :cheers It´s funny to see that your stompas are kind of mini constructions versions of my CoD-Gargant, I guess the tiles lend themselves very much to the body & head shape we both used! Keep up the great work! :)
Visit my website: IN-VI-VOS conversions Updated 24.06.10!

dromar le bannisseur

dromar le bannisseur

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 48 posts
  • Army Name:les fous du volant
Great job it's amazing! I must thank you because you gave me lots of conversion idea. Thank :thumbs PS: could you give some tutorial ? And where did you buy the plastic cards?

Darius

Darius

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
its just perfect for apocalypse :thumbs

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,555 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks

Someone actually made some blueprints for making Stompaz from CoD stuff a while ago (a GW staff member), and they advised using about four times as many bits as here. :lol While these are the height we're used to for Stompaz, they're not really the size that's reflected by their rules in Apocalypse. These look like they'd be fantastic for a counts-as Armoured Krumpany though- I can see this mob stomping their way across a flank. Maybe you could count them as an Emperor's Fist Company, or something? Maybe give them BS2 to make them more Orky (it doesn't affect the battlecannon anyway! ;) )

(btw, for anyone interested that other CoD Stompa I mentioned is here.)

I think the concept of using CoD bitz for a Stompa is utterly brilliant! I hadn't given it all that much thought... and yet now I find myself looking at those pictures, and contemplating going out and picking up an Adeptus Mechanicus building kit today! Wow... Brilliant work :thumbs I am definitely all over this... :)
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Grobrotz

Grobrotz

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
The Best thing is that when you have some spare bitz and stuff one Box will easily have enough parts for three of them. And yes they will be an armoured company, I also started work on two Stompas using CoD and Necromunda bulks.

geoff123

geoff123

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 336 posts
  • Army Name:Taking Care of Business
Those look cool, a really original and stylish twist tomake them out of cities. Good job!