Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The-Waaagh's Only Thread for GW's New Ork Models

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

Da Kurnul

Da Kurnul

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
  • Army Name:Da Furst Blak Axe Drugoonz
thats the coolest plate ive ever seen! if the cars red then your good to go!
Always Bigger, always shootier, always more of it.
- The art of WAAAGH!

Kaan

Kaan

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 506 posts
and a great color! There was a fellow in the Bay Area who had a Red Suzuki Samurai type vehicle. Red Paint job, black and white checks trim, with a license plate that read "Waa ork" (waaagh was already taken) with a license plate frame that stated "Red ones go fasta" I suspect we might start seeing a resurgence of these plates....
Warlord of Da Black and Blue Wreckin' Krew

GrimTeef

GrimTeef

Da Big Red Cybork Cyboss

• Bosses
  • 2,225 posts
The grot on the Wyrdboy (or weirdboy, or warphead, whatever he will be) is a bit odd, but I rather like the model and I think it is well sculpted. The stomach is a bit odd, but that may be a painting issue. The bulging brain is a bit odd - I think i'll fix that with some putty, going after the ideas that were drawn out for the weirdboy concept drawings. Add a copper plate or headband with those electrodes to his head, in kind of a Frankenstein's Monster sort of way, and maybe a couple other things and it'd be a great model. I think the sculptor was going for an electrified grot, being zapped by the weirdboy's evergy. That seems to be the best way to show that kind of energy, by having the chain doing something unnatural in its movement. I love that he has copper teeth. Great touch. Adding some wire wrapped around his weirdboy staff would give it more of a primitive battery look that I think would help it, and that's my plan for that.

Dakka Dakka

Dakka Dakka

'Ard Boy

• Goffz
  • 837 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Dakka Dakka
I'm still wondering why the wyrdboy has Eisenhorn's staff? He's got a couple of looted trinkets but that's a bit over the top. If I ever get this model - those spikey bitz are coming straight off. :) Dakka!!!
"It's the 41st Millenium dude, if you don't have a weapon that blows stuff up, you're f***ed."
Awesome Avatars? Ask Mukrot!

Mad Dok Doom

Mad Dok Doom

Explosive Kranium

• Freebooterz
  • 601 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptun Gullgrim's Red Reavas
I just saw these boyz, and I have to say my faith in Seb Perbet has been affirmed. I eagerly await the new 'dex, the models are sweet, IMO. I especially love that they (largely) stay true to the Nelson orks of today.

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
The new models are still a few months from being released and we're already kustomizing them. We simply can't resist don't we? :biggrin I also find the Weirdboy a little too fantasy for my tase. But like GrimTeef saided, nothing a little GS and other bitz can solve :thumbs Waaagh! the new (and already converted) Orks Sorry Hackbash... I won't do it again... Please not the big choppa..... OUCH!!! IT HURTZ.... Running

'Boss floata

'Boss floata

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 200 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAAAGH! Floata!
hahahaha. it is so true, what we don't like, we will convert. what we like, we'll convert anyway :P basically going, "no gamesworkshop, like THIS."

geoff123

geoff123

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 336 posts
  • Army Name:Taking Care of Business
How inconsiderate of us, they spend all this time recreating models the way we've converted them to look, then we'll change them anyway.

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
Its not incosiderate its Proppa Orky natcha :thumbs . I'm shure the vast number of conversion opertunities is why some of us chose Orks ta begin with :cheers .
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

Drathaka

Drathaka

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
I hope we get to see what the Flash Gitz look like soon.

Valandras

Valandras

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 235 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Goldgobs Gitsquishas
I just love it when this happens... GW try to introduce a new range of models that they have slaved away over for at least...ooh...2 months, and within 10 minutes of the perliminary models being shown, da ladz are already gettin da clippaz out! GET 'EM LADZ!
Stomp! Stomp!!! STOMP!!!

"Never try to run away from a tyranid. They will catch you and eat you. Then again, you could always climb a tree. Then you'll get a nice view before the knock the tree down and eat you."

QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Apr 16 2008, 08:36 PM)
Any time, any place, any Waaagh

Morhgoz

Morhgoz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 306 posts
  • Army Name:Goffz, Blood Axez, Snakebiez and Deathskullz
It is good that I have couple months to get new blades to knives, new bottle of glue and some fresh green stuff, so I thing I'm ready for my christmas present, which I buy myself, family won't get it right anyway... ;)
Victory is not important, but large mound of bloody skulls...
...own ones, if nothing else...

Biv

Biv

Frantik

• Freebooterz
  • 2,005 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Bivrok!!
I love us. Really, I love the new models but I really can't wait to see what the boys on this forum do with them. Looking forward to the orky Block gobbos and White Dwarfs as well.
Step 1: Collect orks
Step 2: ...
Step 3: Waaaaaaaaagh!

OldSkool

OldSkool

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Meanies
I really didn't want this to be a short post, but - I concur with Biv - I love us too! i'm excited because there's a few people, nay, GODS, on this forum that I'm really keen to see put the new models to use. - Darce
Move along, nothing to see here...

GrogDaTyrant

GrogDaTyrant

Mr Angry

• Deathskullz
  • 4,093 posts
  • Army Name:People's Democratic Republic of Federal Democratic Rebuplic of Tyranny!
I think it's funny how the first thing that went through my mind when I saw the Trukk, and bikes, wasn't assembling one... but how they would logically break down into bitz and what I could do with those parts... :biggrin Maybe I'll build up a Bike army with the next codex.
QUOTE (Fact Core, from Portal 2)
-Whales are twice as intelligent and three times as delicious as humans.

-In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than four percent of poor people are able to do this.

Da Kurnul

Da Kurnul

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
first thing i thought when i saw the trukk was: "Wow, thats spikey. Ace! It actually has an engine. Now i just need to work out how to make it bigger!"
- The art of WAAAGH!

Da Kurnul

Da Kurnul

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 110 posts
Also, I think the skull hammer needs a balcony are around the turret for da Boyz and needs the origional hammer on the front. It is its namesake afterall
- The art of WAAAGH!