Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Flamin Skullz Trukkboyz Mob

* * * * - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Grotfang Warstomp

Grotfang Warstomp

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 449 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Skullz (see my blog in my signature)
Well it sure has been a long time since old grotfang has posted any pics on here… or, for that matter, painted any orks. Anyhow, after 28-30 ish hours of work on the painting alone, I have finally painted up 10 trukkboyz and a trukk. It took about 25 on the boyz and 5 on the trukk, and since I was batch painting all 10 at once, it considerably sped up the process to roughly 2 and a half hours per boy. In my book, that’s pretty darn fast.

All of them were salt dipped to achive greater dynamism (right word?), and I felt that other than the nob, I was happy with the look of these guys before some paint got on them. After I painted them, I still think they look decent, but there is something about them that I DON”T like… but I can’t put my finger on it

Oh, and for all you plasticard believers out there, I made the trukk out of a box of cheeze-its ™ :lol dipped in white glue. After hardening, it can be cut the the right size and accepts paint and glue as well as plasticard in my opinion.

Click on the thumbnails to enlarge. duh.

The mob with the trukk:
Posted Image

The mob without the trukk:
Posted Image

The trukk after the boyz bailed out (IE empty):
Posted Image

“We’z all mounted up, bozz”:
Posted Image

A (very crooked :biggrin ) close up shot of the mob with the trukk in the background:
Posted Image

…Sumbodyz kant spull…:
Posted Image

The tip of the burna- this was my first attempt at shading from a metal to a nonmetal color and I am only somewhat happy with how it turned out. Does anyone have any tips for doing this?
Posted Image

Da Bozz Himself:
Posted Image

Please feel free to be AS HARSH AS YOU WANT with these guys. Trust me, I can take hard criticism very well and would really want your feedback so I can improve as a painter.

C&C greatly appreciated :cheers

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
They look really nice. The reds and blues are very bright, and the Ork skin came out well. My only criticism would be that the Trukk looks a little...flimsy. It's hard to put my finger on, and I'm not sure how it would be fixed, but the front and the tracks look like they could fall off kinda easily. I suppose just try to make them look more reinforced with more plates or guards or something.

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef

Please feel free to be AS HARSH AS YOU WANT with these guys. Trust me, I can take hard criticism very well and would really want your feedback so I can improve as a painter.

You need to have more of a transition color on the muscles! Now they look like, well, warpaint. The eyes are sloppy! The PK is too bright! With no opposable thumb! The choppas look awesome!
Wait a minute. ;)

That is as harsh as I can be. Honestly. The Trukk looks great, and while I get that same feeling of not liking the Boyz without knowing why, they are well done. Proppa. :thumbs
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Grotfang Warstomp

Grotfang Warstomp

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 449 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Skullz (see my blog in my signature)

The Trukk looks great, and while I get that same feeling of not liking the Boyz without knowing why

haha its funny how uz orkz are gud at dooin dat! :biggrin

I would agree about the pk being too bright, but I don't really have any other way to paint yellow that is bright enough for my tastes... Maybe skipping the white undercoat on the klaw "shell" would have done the trick and just painted over black.

I do also need a transition color from the DA to catachan green, I would definitely agree, but I decided to skip that step because each skin highlight takes 15 minutes per ork!!! :crybaby But I feel that after the catachan, i thought it did alright.

And the trukk looks flimsy because (I think...) that I didn't take the time to make sure that all of the siding and plating fit together well, and there were lotsa cracks in between. Thats my diagnosis of it- and I definitely agree, Stuart.

Thanks for the feedback both of you!

Totgeboren

Totgeboren

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:Gutrippaz smashaz
One thing that would really improve your trukk is a new rokkitlauncha. The one you got on now is most unproppa, since its so small it would look good on epic vehicles! Try and keep your eyes open for something else that is bigger and look like rokkits. or just make a big shoota instead from the shootas you got over from the boys. :)
"It is the misfortune of beings to be for us nothing else but useful showcases for the contents of our own minds."
/Harry G. Frankfurt

My orks.

My Stompa uv Deff!

My Traitor Guards and Word Bearers!