Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

drabber's Nazdreg and Bad Moon Command and Mob

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
So I'd been lurking again but some recent threads have inspired me to put something up.I'm always fidgeting with some of my models it just takes something to inspire me to put it online, so thanks.

sorry no in progress pics, unless i decide to work them some more...

there are a few details i'd like to add/paint etc, and i think the base can use some more, but i like where it is now and would like to get some feedback...

The centerpeice of my army is a mega gargant, so I figured it'd take a really wealthy warboss to fund its construction, and naturally he'd need some rich-git advisors.

group shot

Posted Image

First is Nazdreg, I made him based on an old drawing of him. The pic in the third ed codex never seemed flash enough for a Bad Moon to me. I wish i could find that drawing again.

The gun is a kannon, claw is an artillery weapon(lifta droppa i think). I used alot of other bits and sculpted the rest with greenstuff.

Posted Image

Sometimes I considder shortening the claw arm, seems a bit long... not sure though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The weirdboy is a classic model with a scrap prospector gun arm, it took me a couple years to track this model down on ebay, possibly my favorite bad moon EVER.

Posted Image

The Ard Nob with them is based of the old weedy Nazdreg model, I've updated him a bit, new head and arms, and bit more armor. I use him as the Nob for my ard'boy mob.

Posted Image

more pics can be seen here
http://www.unethical...rdnob/index.htm

comments and crit appreciated

-drabber

chockchan the arch dictator

chockchan the arch dictator

Stainless Steel Skull

• Goffs
  • 582 posts
  • Army Name:*under new management, no name yet*
wow, very well done!!! the conversions are great! :eek especially the kannon gun. so looted!!! he does have a very 2nd. ed. feel to him, along with the weirdboy (duh! cause it is that old!) the 'ard boy nob looks a little out of place, but not too much. the paint job on all of them is excellent, although IMO a little bland. there is not a whole lot of variation, especially on the mega armour. but that's just a matter of personal taste. also, it looks like you have some brown paint on the nob's arm. i think you should fix it. overall, i love it, and its a great centerpiece! :thumbs do we get to see more of your army?
QUOTE (DaSquigBrain @ Apr 27 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Butter and salt for the Blood God!

QUOTE (CannibalBob @ May 10 2007, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My models are all assembled and kept together through sheer willpower.

Choppas. Making people successful in a changing world.
Records starting Jan. '09:
Orks-Wins 0/Draws 0/Losses 0
Empire-Wins 3/Draws 1/Losses 2

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Oi, Drabs, nice reentry. I was thinking your boss was based on an old 2nd ed. piece until you pointed out that his gun is a cannon, then the scale hit me. :eek Saweet! I don't think his claw arm is too long, but it could use some supports or hydraulics to tie it into his upper arm a bit more. Would make the whole thing chunkier and orkier. Really groovin' on the whole 2nd ed feel to this and I have to admit that wierdboy is a very lovable piece. I do have to agree with Chockchan on the paint though. You need some base colors with more contrast to get the bite that says Flashgit for these figs. I.e. go midnight blue or even black for your contrasting color. And take the yellow up a notch. Some dirt is good, but the highest points should be pure yellow... e.g. the Bad Moon badges and hat decor. Very cool.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

gizmo

gizmo

Burna Boy

• Goffz
  • 397 posts
Thats a nice use of witchhunter tyrus's shoulder pads :biggrin other than him being a bit too yellow and his teeth a bit too 2d he is a pretty cool lookin version of nazdreg. Giz
Like so many have said before me WOW he's enormous!! was dis guy's pappy spawned from a squiggoth?

500 profile views and 350 posts? I must be doing something right.

Morhgoz

Morhgoz

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 306 posts
  • Army Name:Goffz, Blood Axez, Snakebiez and Deathskullz
First look I did give this model made me not like him, but then I did take time to look him proper time and now I love him! Keep up good work!
Victory is not important, but large mound of bloody skulls...
...own ones, if nothing else...

DaSquigBrain

DaSquigBrain

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 543 posts
  • Army Name:Waa-Nemork, Waa-Yark, Waa-Yellowsquig
Yar, it's a nice model, but the paint needs some work. Right now it's *way* too monotone. The details really need to be picked out, the cabling, the checkerboard on the lifta droppa, all that. No offense, but right now it just looks like you did a quicky dry-brush on him.
Da SquigBrain's Orks an' Stuff
--------------------

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
Sweet. My only suggestions involve Nazzy himself. 1) The Kannon looks realllly wierdly attached, as his right arm itself looks too long in the first place. Maybe shorten his hand a bit, and have the kannon more integrated (almost forearm-mounted). Right now it just looks so heavy and unsupported that it'd be awkward to use. 2) It might be just the pictures, but his belly looks a little wierd. Dunno. Also, as SquigBrain said, the paint is a little too monotone, but that's more of a taste issue. I think it would still be fine as-is. Overall, great to see a Nazdreg conversion, he's surprisingly rarely done for a special character.

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Yeah the painting is a bit rough/sloppy, its funny how much easier it is to see after taking pics. It's partly just my dirty style, but I can definitely see now how much annother color would liven him up, most likely I'd do purple, for royalty and to contrast the yellow.

At some point I'll do that last round of touch ups and highlights, I just feel like I ought to bring more of my models up to this standard first, so many boyz in need of paint...

I think the picture flattens it a bit but the kannon has a pistol handle, I like the idea that such a large gun would be a handgun in Nazdreg's grip. I could see making a little stock for it though, like some of the German WW2 pistols I've seen.

Theres a bit too much space between his thumb and fingers, so shortening the hand could help a bit.

I was using the old white stuff when I sculpted most of him, so the sculpt is a bit wonky in parts but I'm still happy with it. His gutplate is a good example. It was tricky doing that shallow of releif with that stuff, so glad I'm back on the green.

If you'd like to see more...

This is my army's squad of 'Ard boys, which would be led into battle by the 'Ard Nob from the command group. I wasn't going to post it since its still WIP, and who knows when I'll get to work on it again,but here goes..

Posted Image

The base obiviuosly isn't done but you can likely see that they are all magnetized down to two removable movement trays(the black things)

I figure badmoons could afford the best armour and I tried to stick as many of those silly hats in as i could since badmoons
frequently wore them in 2nd ed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I try to mix old and new models up as much as possible since I feel like Ork physiology would be less than uniform, and i like seeing the history in the figures. the bloodbowl guy is annother of my personal favs.

Posted Image

heh with how bad some of the old sculpts were (heroquest) its fun to try to make something decent out of them.

more pics here
http://www.unethical...dboys/index.htm

-drabber

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
For the record, I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't like the models; to the contrary, I think they're great. But since you're an obviously talented modeller, I thought you might like some feeback. The 'Ard Boyz look great, and fit well. The use of purple on them verifies your thought of adding purple to Nazdreg and his posse.

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,391 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
I love the custom guns on the corner models, they look really ramshackle and wierd. Very old skool orky. I think the yellow could do with being a bit brighter though. I see badmoons as being a bit cleaner than most orks. It;s your choice though (obviously)

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Stuart - I definitely do appreciate the feedback and took no offence by it at all, thanks -drabber