Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plastic baneblade new pics!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Garbad Skargor

Garbad Skargor

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Skargor
Hur hur hur... Start painting those Tankbustaz now... While nice, play with a Super-Heavy a few times and you'll see that they are expensive and attract all sort of attention. Back in Eye of Terror days, when I was still playing Iron Warriors, I was in a mega-battle where the good side had something along the lines of a Stormblade, a Shadowsword, and a couple of Baneblades. Unfortunately, evil got the first turn and had almost 3000 VP at the end of the first turn. Still doesn't mean I won't be getting a few of them myself.

'Boss floata

'Boss floata

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 200 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAAAGH! Floata!
Must. Build. Stompa, NOW

Da Blue Ork

Da Blue Ork

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 410 posts
  • Army Name:Fish'ead Lootaz, Da Grot Rebellion uv Da Zzap
Tough this could work as an EXCELENT shooting magnet. Go use one, place it in the middle and go charge straight forward while sneaking up with your orks on the side. Oops, there goes your 800pts (random guess) baneblade but look what I just killed on you, 1800pts out of your 3000pts army. You forgot to shoot me!
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Warboss Snikkit da Mad

Warboss Snikkit da Mad

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 101 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Snikkit
Thanks Invivos, very informative :cheers I'm going to have to wait for Xmas though, having wiped myself out buying guitar whammy goodness.... Back to the plasticard slog or the mean time.

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
I plan on buying one. I doubt I'll use it very much, but the modeling possiblities are just too good to pass up. I'll only be able to afford one, but my 'Oomiez are gonna need one too. So, I'll have to find a way to be able to make one look looted and then change it back again to fit in with my guard boyz. This is going to be a project in and of itself.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

bad buddha

bad buddha

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:big mek Ork-skar and his inglorius bastards!
i have heard that chaos, 'umie and orks kan take a bane blade, and that the ork one can carry 30 boyz but will probably not have as many cool weapons! :cheers
Dra skinnet bakċt...
a cheap hobby is not a real hobby!

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
I doubt that the Ork one will have different rules, just probably the usual Looted table (but different for Super heavies I guess) + BS 5... but there wouldn't be much of a problem of making it into a Battlefortress, so 20 orks would be able to be carried by it. A while ago, on, I think Warseer, someone mentioned the thing being available to beakies, now, has anyone got any info on that?? Kinda worries me considering that it just screams this sentence even clearer "GW luvs everyone the same, they just love they just love the beakies a lil more..." Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

DaSquigBrain

DaSquigBrain

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 543 posts
  • Army Name:Waa-Nemork, Waa-Yark, Waa-Yellowsquig
Oh, I'm sure it will be available to the Beakies one way or another. GW's going to want to sell as many of these things as possible, so they'll make them available to as many armies as possible.
Da SquigBrain's Orks an' Stuff
--------------------

Garbad Skargor

Garbad Skargor

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Skargor

I doubt that the Ork one will have different rules, just probably the usual Looted table (but different for Super heavies I guess) + BS 5...

I can't imagine that the Ork one will be anything similar to the Imperial version once it is looted. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if in all the refitting it doesn't end up as a Fast vehicle.

Wif a lik o' red paint of course...

GorFrag

GorFrag

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,043 posts
  • Army Name:135th BoneEaters
I may actualy have a reason to end my boycott of GW. but then again, maybe not. if nothing else I'll by it from the Warstore.
Set all weapons to "WAR CRIMES".

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
An Ork BaneBlade would proberly look something like this if was to be kept as a Tank and not a BattleFortress. I remember some guy over at 40K Online was making a Beakie BaneBlade some time ago... and it looked realy nice. Though if Beakies are able to take one they should have to do a proppa conversion on it just as us Orkz do ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• Looted_BaneBlades.jpg

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

gojira1

gojira1

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
Kind of off topic but according to warseer the squigoth's stats have been beefed up for appocalyse.

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
This, would be a great new special rule for mega battles:

Squig Roar!

The squigoth lets out a huge roar, causing powerarmoured brains to explode in a rather orky fashion.

Once per turn, instead of shooting, the squigoth may use 'Squig Roar!' , this will cause all S.pace beakie models to be removed from play immediately, as the shock wave of pure orkyness destroys their weak brains.

I'd really be dissappointed if they don't release the other variants of the baneblade... a Stormblade would be so awesome, not just the tank, but the fact that that bootiful plasma blastgun would be in plastic..... :P

Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

Clayman

Clayman

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 213 posts
  • Army Name:Unholy Savior
i was discussing this monster at my local gaming club,and a friend mentionned that there will be a release of extra bitz,similar to the Black Templar sprues. This would apparently include Chaos,The Boyz and 'umies i think (as in proper looking 'umie,probably more insignia or pintle weapons). Personally,i find this to be good news,seeing as the size is also slightly smaller than the FW one,making it easier to hide around(HA!!Now that sounds funny) before Waaaghing the enemy.Dont think i'll get one though,too little tabletop use

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Don't want to echo all the above, but I'm so happy! I think 3 will do Gaf-Naz, 1 for my oomies and 2 for konversion :biggrin I've also heard there will be conversion kits for chaos (fellblade?), orks (skullhamma?) and oomie variants (Yarrick's?), with rules in the apokolips book for them. Transporting 30 orks was mentioned! Treat this all as rumour. Anyone got an idea of how big a FW baneblade is compated to a FW battle fortress? Think that's what I'm leaning towards doing if/when I finish Da Gob.
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

FrankManik

FrankManik

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 85 posts
  • Army Name:Nas Mackin's Boyz, Squats, and Riff Raff
I've been poking around wikipedia reading up on the WWII super heavy and multi-turreted tank designs. I'm starting to like the idea of a gigantic battle tank with a half a dozen turrets ready to whump anything nearbye. And since it's plastic you don't have to worry about drive train issues, ridiculously underpowered engines, or all the other problems that visit real world super heavy tanks.

Totgeboren

Totgeboren

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:Gutrippaz smashaz
FrankManik. Real world super heavies have never had plasma reactors for power either. (I saw a prototype of a plasmarocket on discovery about 6 months ago. it was insanely powerful.) :) Remember that in the 40k universe, humanity has got engines powerful enough to power titans! I mean, seriously, imagine the engine that would be needed for say just a warhound titan? If they can get those things going, making engines for something like a baneblade would be easy in comparison. Anyway, baneblade baneblade. Hmmm... Is it just me that has got a 6'x4' tabletop? Where am I supposed to put it? I think the tabetop is barely big enough for a standard 1500 pts battle, and 3000 pts is just about what you can cram in there. Though those I play with always use lots of terrain (about 33-50% of the table covered). Cityfights you know. :) Maybe if I made that desert tabletop I have been wanting for several years now?
"It is the misfortune of beings to be for us nothing else but useful showcases for the contents of our own minds."
/Harry G. Frankfurt

My orks.

My Stompa uv Deff!

My Traitor Guards and Word Bearers!

EddBanga

EddBanga

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 185 posts
  • Army Name:Orksteins Waaagh.
@ Clayman, I'd heard it was bigger than the FW one. From my examination of the FW kits and the size comparison of Guuard Trooper to track/sponson the new BlingBlade ooks much bigger. Has anyone confirmation aside fro the photos as to size? Can anyone see GW making such a release inferior in size to a FW kit?
Orks Orks Orks Orks

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
From the pics above Id say its certainly not smaller than the FW one. I dont think its a great deal bigger either.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

EddBanga

EddBanga

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 185 posts
  • Army Name:Orksteins Waaagh.
I'm really intrigued by the various " it's this big or it's this big rumours " does anyone have a photo or a link to a photo of a FW Superheavy with Guardsman next to the front track housing........ Klump klump klump sound as I march of to the FW site. It would be good to do a size comparison, cuz my Warboss sayz size matters! :lol Sounds of klump Klump KLUMP, as Studbad returns from looking at Superheavies. Yep Krooza is right. Should av known. Looks like the new BB is pretty much same size as FW resign. OT I just saw the Macharius Vanquisher pattern. Someone Loot it quick! Eyes Krooza.......
Orks Orks Orks Orks